[RTR-ICD] Golgari Decoy

34 posts / 0 new
Last post
Golgari Decoy
Creature - Elf Rogue (U)

All creatures able to block Golgari Decoy do so.
Scavenge

2/2
Hmm, could be good. It will find its way to a graveyard one way or another for scavenge.  It seems to whispers to me, "hey, deadly allure would nice on me, don't you think?"
Eh, so-so. I suppose it could end up being a finisher for selesnya/golgari, but it fails the new removal test - it isn't multicoloured. I could see this in old weenie selesnya quite easily.
5 mana for a +2/+2 buff, lol.
Solid limited card
Not sure but somehow it feels like we're still missing one or two very important cards.
This set lacks the incredible ramping power needed to make Scavenge really playable imho.
Or at least something like "Scavenge costs you pay cost less."
And there wasn't even a simple mana dork yet, was it?
Handy with Vraska's ultimate ability
Prized Unicorn with a way better (less unique) subtype and scavenge.

"This list much made Niche barf a lil' in his mouth, so I can be proud of that." -rstnme

Prized Unicorn with a way better (less unique) subtype and scavenge.

I am nicknaming this card Golgari Unicorn, or Golgaricorn for short.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/0a90721d221e50e5755af156c179fe51.jpg?v=90000)
This is a great card to load up with +1/+1 counters via Scavenge.  This will be fun in Limited.
DILBIC.

GW

Cookie Count: 1 million + 1039 Wooden Spoon Count: 2 YMtC Trophies 1st: 9 2nd: 11 3rd: 13 4th: 4 I lost >6000 posts during the last forum migration. #14000th post at 05/11/09 #15000th post at 22/02/10 #16000th post at 10/06/10 #17000th post at 27/10/10 #18000th post at 27/04/11 #19000th post at 24/08/11 #20000th post at 21/04/12 #21000th post at 21/01/13
Neato.
Meh. spoil the Golgari and Rakdos Charms! already WotC.

Check out my twitch.tv stream below where I play magic online limited queues. Don't forget to follow if you enjoy what I'm presenting to show your support!

http://twitch.tv/dpg20__

Come on Gaze of the Gorgon reprint one time.
I liked this card better when it was a 0/1 for 1.

"We'll kill them all."

I liked this card better when it was a 0/1 for 1.

Ditto. Though I prefer the Urza's Destiny art.

I found Carmen Sandiego before you were born unless you're Zlehtnoba.

Eh. Hard to get excited about this one.
My Sig
Reality is but the sum total of all illusions. Proud Hand of Karsus, now and forever Mess with one Hand, mess with 'em all I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
"just do what LM the lord of magical might does, and you'll be fine" - sfdragon, 10/12/09
Board Snippets
147048523 wrote:
"I don't like X, they should remove it." "I like X, they should keep it." "They should replace X with Y." "Anybody that likes X is dumb. Y is better." "Why don't they include both X and Y." "Yeah, everybody can be happy then!" "But I don't like X, they should remove it." "X really needs to be replaced with Y." "But they can include both X and Y." "But I don't like X, they need to remove it." "Remove X, I don't like it." Repeat. Obstinance?
56790678 wrote:
Until you've had an in-law tell you your choice of game was stupid, and just Warcraft on paper, and dumbed down for dumber players who can't handle a real RPG, you haven't lived. You haven't lived.
56902498 wrote:
Lady and gentlemen.... I present to you the Edition War without Contrition, the War of the Web, the Mighty Match-up! We're using standard edition war rules. No posts of substance. Do not read the other person's posts with comprehension. Make frequent comparison to video games, MMOs, and CCGs. Use the words "fallacy" and "straw man", incorrectly and often. Passive aggressiveness gets you extra points and asking misleading and inflammatory questions is mandatory. If you're getting tired, just declare victory and leave the thread. Wait for the buzzer... and.... One, two, three, four, I declare Edition War Five, six, seven eight, I use the web to Go!
57062508 wrote:
D&D should not return to the days of blindfolding the DM and players. No tips on encounter power? No mention of expected party roles? No true meaning of level due to different level charts or tiered classes? Please, let's not sacrifice clear, helpful rules guidelines in favour of catering to the delicate sensibilities of the few who have problems with the ascetics of anything other than what they are familiar with.
56760448 wrote:
Just a quick note on the MMORPG as an insult comparison... MMORPGs, raking in money by the dumptruck full. Many options, tons of fans across many audiences, massive resources allocated to development. TTRPGs, dying product. Squeaking out an existence that relys on low cost. Fans fit primarily into a few small demographics. R&D budgets small, often rushed to market and patched after deployment. You're not really making much of an argument when you compare something to a MMORPG and assume people think that means bad. Lets face it, they make the money, have the audience and the budget. We here on this board are fans of TTRPGs but lets not try to pretend none of us play MMORPGs.
90571711 wrote:
Adding options at the system level is good. Adding options at the table level is hard. Removing options at the system level is bad. Removing options at the table level is easy. This is not complicated.
57333888 wrote:
112760109 wrote:
56902838 wrote:
Something like Tactical Shift is more magical than martial healing.
Telling someone to move over a few feet is magical now? :| I weep for this generation.
Given the laziness and morbid obsesity amongst D&Ders, being able to convince someone to get on their feet, do some heavy exercise, and use their words to make them be healthier must seem magical.
158710691 wrote:
D&D definitely improves mental health; Just as long as you stay away from these forums ;)
Vraska enabler. This is all.
A clunky game ender in limited at best.
True post count: 9,900 Thanks Wotc for not counting archived posts. If I post without capital letters than means I'm posting from my phone. For some reason it hates typing capital letters. Go_Texans on MTGO. Texans 12-4 Wildcard: W Texans 19 Bengals 13 Divisional: L Texans 28 Patriots 41 Another awesome season!
Meh. The Taunting Elf ability is nice, but five mana for +2/+2? Weak.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
This is just a prized unicorn, basically. The scavage is just a very minor bonus that you will almost never use which exists for the sole purpose of making the card qualify to have a Golgari Watermark. Wink
Unicorn gets a utility ability too? Nifty. Something tells me that they tried to make this a Taunting Elf and it broke limited.
IMAGE(http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af108/acatan/sigwynzermancopy.png) Signature by IMAGE(http://www.poke-amph.com/heartgoldsoulsilver/sprites/258.png)
So i expected to click on this and see a zombie duck artifact creature
This is just a prized unicorn, basically. The scavage is just a very minor bonus that you will almost never use which exists for the sole purpose of making the card qualify to have a Golgari Watermark.

If it's card quality, why wouldn't you use it?

Meh, it's just ok.
How to Auto Card
(Replace { with [) {c}Gelectrode{/c}= Gelectrode
How to Auto Card, with style
(Replace { with [) {c=Gelectrode}Pinball Machine{/c}=Pinball Machine
How to Auto Deck
Auto Deck
(again, replace { with [) {deck} Lands 20 4x Halimar Depths 4X Unstable Frontier 8X Island 4X Swamp Creatures 12 4x Hedron Crabs 4x Nemesis of Reason 4x Mnemonic Wall Spells 28 4X Spreading Seas 4X Suffer the Past 4x Mind Funeral 4X Archive Trap 4X Ponder 4x Into the Roil 4X Soul Manipulation {/deck}
Not sure but somehow it feels like we're still missing one or two very important cards.
This set lacks the incredible ramping power needed to make Scavenge really playable imho.
Or at least something like "Scavenge costs you pay cost less."
And there wasn't even a simple mana dork yet, was it?

I'm expecting some creature that has "As long as this is in your graveyard, creature cards in your graveyard get +2/+2." Or something along those lines.
Ya got corpsejack menace what more do you want?
Ya got corpsejack menace what more do you want?

Ohright. He slipped my mind.
Prized Unicorn won games back in M10 Limited. I'll be happy to play a strictly better version.  
Hoard of Notions: Cards and general design musings from yours truly.
This is just a prized unicorn, basically. The scavage is just a very minor bonus that you will almost never use which exists for the sole purpose of making the card qualify to have a Golgari Watermark.

If it's card quality, why wouldn't you use it?

If you're playing with scavage, you'll probably have cards with a more efficient power-to-scavage-cost ratio in your graveyard by the time you wouold use it. Why pay, say, for +2/+2 when you could probably pay for +3/+3, or something like that?

Then again if you have no other scavage cards in your deck and have absolutely nothing better to do with the mana, go right ahead. But, in block at least, I don't think that the scavage ability on this particular card will see much use, it's just a very minor bonus for the (likely) purpose of giving it the Golgari Watermark.

~ Guides I Have Been Silly Enough To Write ~
Budget Duals and Fetches in Multiplayer
CadaverousBl00m's Guide To Multiplayer Artifice
Multiplayer Tribal Format

~ Latest Multiplayer Ramblings: Appearing on my blog when I feel like it ~
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Rise of the Eldrazi Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Worldwake Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Zendikar Post-Rotation
Previous Multiplayer Concoctions
Elemental, My Dear Watson (Rainbow Elementals)
Watch The Little Birdies! (Bird Tribal with Proliferate)
Kavu Kavu Kavu Banana (Kavu Predator aggro)
Faerie Bleeder (The "Death By A Thousand Cuts" Faerie deck)
Braaiiins! (Mono-black Zombie control)
Verhexterring (Jinxed Ring / Grave Pact)
Flourishing Blowflies ( -1/-1 Counters)
Still waiting on Gaze of the gorgon to come back.  Then I can have my janky green board wipe back...