Duels 2013 Expansion release Sept 19

117 posts / 0 new
Last post
The Duels 2013 expansion will be release on September 19 (give or take a day for platform-specific or region-specific fluctuations).more info in this posting www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.a...

IMAGE(https://www.mediafire.com/convkey/eb11/anyarpxhyntrzn86g.jpg)

been waiting for this a long time
Thanks for posting this.  Date confirmed. 

Interesting that they are not using this release as a preview of some of the new Return to Ravnica cards (most of which have already been spolied).  I thought their policy was to give the DotP community the same experience as real Magic like they did with us getting some D13 cards before their M13 equivalents came out?

I was really looking forward to using the Golgari Dredge Engine.

Shame, but I'm excited nonetheless.
Maybe it's a primer for a second release involving RtR.  Let the new players experience the guilds of old before tossing in the new.  Either way, I am looking forward to it.

Now the question is, how much?

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg)

5 bucks

half the players have last their unlocks to the steam cloud sync bug, so it should come with free unlocks of the 10 starter decks imo
I'm possibly even more excited about potential bug fixes, and of course the whole Serra Ascendant 2HG issue getting resolved than I am about the new decks....

Nah, screw that. Rakdos baby!!! 
For the xbox on the 18th.
The Duels 2013 expansion will be release on September 19 (give or take a day for platform-specific or region-specific fluctuations).more info in this posting www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.a...

im confused, if ps3 does updates to the psn store on tuesdays wouldnt it be the 18th?

im confused, if ps3 does updates to the psn store on tuesdays wouldnt it be the 18th?

You're trolling right? Right?

"...give or take a day for platform-specific or region-specific fluctuations..." 
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.

It said give a day or two, and in Europe, the ps3's largest playerbase, it's updated on a wednesday. They're just covering their bases. 

I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.

You're trolling right? Right?

"...give or take a day for platform-specific or region-specific fluctuations..." 

i wasnt trolling a thing, i was asking a question. his wording through me off. not everyone is a troll 
the most patriotic thing you can do is ask questions

Found something to do untill 19th
www.blackmesasource.com/

and its released
www.shacknews.com/file/32999/black-mesa-...
Good, now the pointless threads of people complianing about the release date can stop!
Good, now the pointless threads of people complianing about the release date can stop!

Nope cuz now we get to have the treads/topics about how the 18/19th cant come fast enough, and OMG its up already....  naw just playing... lmao
Back to pointless threads about people quitting out of lobbies!
Oh hey you guys, by the way, the expansion is coming out September 19th! Give or take a day for platform-specific fluctuations, of course.

/slowpoke

Sean Gibbons

Associate Community Manager

Official MTG Twitter: @Wizards_Magic Official MTGO Twitter: @MagicOnline

Also, thank you jpoplive for linking the article and making the thread

Sean Gibbons

Oh hey you guys, by the way, the expansion is coming out September 19th! Give or take a day for platform-specific fluctuations, of course.

/slowpoke

hey sean thanks but theres no report on the rumors about a patch that comes out with that pertaining to rage quitters and boosters any  truth to the rumors
I guess the expansion will also be a patch.
Official word would be great though, since the patches have not been so many so far.

/slowpoke

hey sean thanks but theres no report on the rumors about a patch that comes out with that pertaining to rage quitters and boosters any  truth to the rumors

Official word would be great though, since the patches have not been so many so far.

I mentioned this in my initial post HERE regarding the expansion. There is another update which will release with the expansion. The Serra Ascendant change will be included, and Xbox & PS3 will both recieve the changes that were included with the last iPad & Steam/PC update.

As for the rumors you mentioned, drkloco, could you please be more specific?

Sean Gibbons

I'm possibly even more excited about potential bug fixes, and of course the whole Serra Ascendant 2HG issue getting resolved than I am about the new decks....

Nah, screw that. Rakdos baby!!! 

LOL, sorry to burst your bubble but Stainless is certainly not known in the past for fixing bugs unless they literally break the game (cause it to stop working). Anything else we typically just have to work around it and live with it. 

meaning for ragequitters to not lose that much points when they quit and boosters who are in multiplayer to stop boosting so evryone has a fair shake atthe top ranks

meaning for ragequitters to not lose that much points when they quit and boosters who are in multiplayer to stop boosting so evryone has a fair shake atthe top ranks

Are you getting paid to be ranked? why even work about rank matches you do not benifit any from that 

Are you getting paid to be ranked? why even work about rank matches you do not benifit any from that 

shut up u must be a one of the cheateers that boost its called give other people a chance to rank u nevr know whos the best if u cheat

shut up u must be a one of the cheateers that boost its called give other people a chance to rank u nevr know whos the best if u cheat

Sorry I didnt realize how important  for you to be rank in a game that really does not mean  anything other than self confidence in you choosing a card and hitting a button. 

The game itself is wonderful if you are so worried about  it go to your local game store and play there  Our enter in local tournaments than sitting at home  

/slowpoke

I mentioned this in my initial post HERE regarding the expansion. There is another update which will release with the expansion. The Serra Ascendant change will be included, and Xbox & PS3 will both recieve the changes that were included with the last iPad & Steam/PC update.

meanimg for rage quitters and booster who rank up by cheating instead of playing oegit

/slowpoke

meanimg for rage quitters and booster who rank up by cheating instead of playing oegit

Rage quitters == nothing new they quit you  get some points

Cheaters who boost  its really waste of time and resource to  be policed  I rather have a solid product and DLC  than  the dev worry about that aspect 

Actually, you never know who is the best because the rank system doesn't actually work.  Enter a tournament if you want to prove how good you are at Magic.  Otherwise, who cares about rank since it doesn't accurately 'rank' anything?  Also, lern2spel.

Actually, you never know who is the best because the rank system doesn't actually work.  Enter a tournament if you want to prove how good you are at Magic.  Otherwise, who cares about rank since it doesn't accurately 'rank' anything?  Also, lern2spel.

Yup what i said  
Whether or not leaderboards "mean anything", they are a part of the game and it is not unreasonable for someone to ask if they will be fixed.  I don't care about them, you don't care about them, that's cool.

It doesn't give you the right to flame someone or insult them for simply asking that a feature of the product be fixed to work as it should.

I don't get paid for winning games, that doesn't mean I can't complain about the lag/sync issue that has caused me to lose games due to not being able to play a card in response.

Play nice, boys.

I think without a Random Deck option/requirement for ranked, and the random shuffling algorithm, you will never know who's best. But it will be much more fun and mean "something" if cheaters can be eliminated.
Whether or not leaderboards "mean anything", they are a part of the game and it is not unreasonable for someone to ask if they will be fixed.  I don't care about them, you don't care about them, that's cool.

It doesn't give you the right to flame someone or insult them for simply asking that a feature of the product be fixed to work as it should.

I don't get paid for winning games, that doesn't mean I can't complain about the lag/sync issue that has caused me to lose games due to not being able to play a card in response.

Play nice, boys.

My point to my post is  there are more important things need to be fixed then some glorfied validation for his self esteem.  you mention the lag and sync issue  those are more important  issue than what was brought up. Its really not really flamming  when  you are making a point. 

Play nice, boys.

Let's be real. If there's a leaderboard, everyone interested enough to play would like to be at the top of it. Period. Those who don't care, usually don't because of cheating. Cheating should be eliminated in all games.

BTW, are you on wireless? In 2013, I have only had a couple lag issues and either I've been busy downloading in the background, or someone else in multiplayer lagged out and was replaced by AI. This time around it's been solid and I can say all of my issues have revolved around my own or another users connectivity/bandwidth. 
you will never eliminate cheating  in games. Also not everyone that cares about the leaderboards are cheaters.  I dont  care and i suck at the game.  I dont have to cheat i  just play to have a good time with my friends.  

back to topic I really cant wait for these decks been playing with the deck builder on these new decks to see what decks gel with  the regular decks and  found some very  nice combos 
Im excited about the new 2hg meta-game.  I've only glanced at the new decklists, but they look broken.  Almost all of these threads break down into people attacking each-other.  It's sad really.  
Woo, expansion! Five new decks is a pretty sweet deal.
@Hellraiser Keep playing, limit the decks you play, and you won't suck at it for long. And then you will get the itch to play other good players, who play ranked, and when you find out there's cheating, you will want as much of it eliminated as possible. lol. That's just competitive nature for any game.

@aaronjoncheney That's pretty much how it goes on any online forum. People feel passionate about their positions/opinions. Everyone has one and no one thinks theirs stinks. And with the anonymity of the Internet, there's not much consequence to rude behavior to force civility other than and individual's upbringing, lol. Also, some online really could just be kids, meaning early teens or younger. Though some of the blatant offenders are clearly adults, rofl.
you will never eliminate cheating  in games. Also not everyone that cares about the leaderboards are cheaters.  I dont  care and i suck at the game.  I dont have to cheat i  just play to have a good time with my friends.  

back to topic I really cant wait for these decks been playing with the deck builder on these new decks to see what decks gel with  the regular decks and  found some very  nice combos 

+1 to this

i dont care about the leaderboards either.  doesn't  mean much to me. its a game, have fun.  if i wanted to be a winner id join the olympics or something. 

be nice to have more multicolored decks to play finally.  mono is cool depending on the deck, but 2 colors has always been nice to play. 

+1 to this

i dont care about the leaderboards either.  doesn't  mean much to me. its a game, have fun.  if i wanted to be a winner id join the olympics or something. 

be nice to have more multicolored decks to play finally.  mono is cool depending on the deck, but 2 colors has always been nice to play. 

It will be interesting to see how the shuffling algorithm holds up with more multicolored decks.  I'm not too optimistic. If you don't start Exalted with one of each color, you're more often screwed than not, no matter how long you draw the game out. 
i havent gotten to look at the new decdk lists too muck(with the exception of wishing i had an Evacuation in hand for when some one plays Malfegor)  but having terramorphic expanses in would help that.  shuffler does suck at times though.  we will have to wait and see
And that's why fixing and mulligans are our friends. Also good deck building and not trying to spread your manabase too thin. (I shake my head when people cut fixing or try and slam a ton of different CC+ costed cards into their decks. That's asking for problems folks!)
Sign In to post comments