tokenless counterless edh

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
As the title states I want to know if anybody thinks it's possible to make a good tokenless and counterless (no +1/+1 counters other types of counters) edh.
Sure, what colors did you have in mind.
As of right now I'm deciding between a Merieke Ri Berit EDH that focuses on stealing and exchanging creatures or a Gwafa Hazid, Profiteer EDH that abuses the blink mechanic.

My  problem is I don't think people will like fact that my edh would be based off of stealing other players stuff and for the UW edh I haven't found a win condition yet.

The main reason I'd rather not make an EDH with tokens or counters because I have no means of keeping a visual reference for suching things and although I do enjoy mentally keeping track of such things part of me would feel guilty for not doing it for other players since the people I play with usually use dice.
Merieke Ri Berit is a lot of fun. I don't think you'd like my Merieke deck, though; I went with a heavy artifact theme packed with planeswalkers and proliferate, with slow poison as the primary win condition.

It's true that a well-protected Merieke will draw a great deal of hatred from others, but that can be played around to an extent.

Maybe consider combining your ideas. Merieke actually loves being blinked after she's stolen someone; it kills the stolen card and, if you have Thousand-Year Elixir in play, you can instantly steal someone else! Black has critters with great ETB effects, like Rune-Scarred Demon, to abuse blinking with.

Oh, man... Cloudshift with Draining Whelk...
Rules Adviser, casual tournament organizer, lover of EDH and MtG evangelist.
Draining Whelk + Deadeye Navigator is the most powerful blinking thing I am aware of.
Sign In to post comments