Epic Experiment and Increasing Vengeance Question

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Just had a quick question before I spend the money to make sure it works.  If I cast Epic Experiment for 2UR; and then copy it with Increasing Vengeance, would the copy also be at 2UR or just x=0 UR?  

Basically, would I be able to exile the top two and play those; if of course they were 2 or less and then do it again or just once?

I'm just trying to see how this would work in my mill deck.  Not sure yet if it's worth it or if it works.  magic.tcgplayer.com/db/deck.asp?deck_id=...

Thanks,
Ken      
the copy would have whatever you have chosen for X as well
and yes, Epic Experiment is still on the stack and a valid target for IV
proud member of the 2011 community team
If Increasing Vengeance is one of the cards you exile with Epic Experiment, you can target it, but Epic Experiment will be an illegal target (it will no longer be on the stack) by the time Increasing Vengeance resolves.
Rules Advisor
Just following up with additional information Fezz.  If you hard cast Epic Experiement for 2UR and copy it with a hard cast Increasing Vengeance from your hand; could you then play the top 2 cards from the 1st Epic Experiment and if 1 was another Increasing Vengeance; copy the copy from the first Epic Experimentand then do the ability again for a total of 3 instances of Epic Experiement?  Just curious.
Just following up with additional information Fezz. If you hard cast Epic Experiement for 2UR and copy it with a hard cast Increasing Vengeance from your hand; could you then play the top 2 cards from the 1st Epic Experiment and if 1 was another Increasing Vengeance; copy the copy from the first Epic Experimentand then do the ability again for a total of 3 instances of Epic Experiement? Just curious.

Yes. The copy created by the first Increasing Vengeance resolves first. If that exiles a second Increasing Vengeance, you can cast that Increasing Vengeance targeting the original Epic Experiment card on the stack. The second copy of Epic Experiment resolves next. Finally, the original Epic Experiment resolves.