Naya Beatdown

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
So pretty much the game plan is to play value creatures such as Visionaries, Borderland Rangers and Huntmaster early, slap a Rancor on them, then put the game away with your Wolfies, Angels and Thragtusks, or multiple Gavony activations. O-Ring as catch all removal, Garruk to kill small dudes and give control fits, and the Charms to get rid of fatties/occasionally get in for random lethal

23 Lands
4 Temple Garden
3 Sunpetal Grove
4 Rootbound Crag
6 Forest
1 Mountain
1 Plains
1 Clifftop Retreat
2 Cavern of Souls
2 Gavony Township

27 Creatures
4 Avacyns Pilgrim
4 BoP
3 Elvish Visionary
3 Borderland Ranger
1 Loxodon Smitter
2 Huntmaster 
3 Restoration Angel
1 Acidic Slime
3 Thragtusk
2 Wolfir Silverheart
1 Zealous Conscripts

2 Garruk Relentless

4 Rancor
2 Selensya Charm
1 Oblivion Ring

SB
2 Ancient Grudge
3 Thalia
2 Trostani, Selensya's Voice
3 Dryad Militant
1 War Priest of Thune
2 Flames of the Firebrand
1 Oblivion Ring
1 Garruk, Primal Hunter
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
junk colors are better than naya because of having double guild support.  you're missing two guilds, so trying this deck is sorta pointless.

Blue is the best color ever. How do you deal?  ------------------------------  Team GFG - "gulf, foxtrot, gulf" 

I produce Dubstep and House beats:

https://soundcloud.com/burning_forest

Best Pauper Deck in the format, not close:

http://community.wizards.com/content/forum-topic/2974646#comment-49713276

Photobucket

Yea you're probably right. My thinking is Zealous Conscripts, Huntmaster, Flames and Ancient Grudge would be worth a less consistent mana base.

However I was just looking at the spoiler list and you got my Timmy wheels turning with Loltroll, Unburial Rites and Worldspine Wurm

I'm sure Naya will shine once the next set is out, but for now I've got a new project lol
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
Unburial won't work with worldspine, fyi...

I found Carmen Sandiego before you were born unless you're Zlehtnoba.

At least not without Alchemist's Refuge or Hypersonic Dragon!  (Please don't do this)
Well damn, I'm dumb
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
You can always play Quicksilver Amulet and when your opponent freaks point out you never said you're playing standard...

I found Carmen Sandiego before you were born unless you're Zlehtnoba.

Despite not having a ton of support I still like the way this deck looks. It's pretty much Naya Pod with Rancors instead of the Pods. While I'd obviously rather have Pod over Rancor, Rancor still let's you attack profitably with any creature in the deck. Plus you gotta love 5/4 flash flying and trample.

Besides I can't really figure out a Junk list that I like.
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
for junk, you can make it pretty green heavy because of all the green based duals, so you can run arbor elf, pilgrim, you can run strangleroot geist probably comfortable.  there are good 3 mana W/G creatures that are pretty big/effecient, along with borderland ranger.  angel, of course and there are plenty of solid 4 drops.  there's also that 3 mana 3/3 haste plant zombie which seems alright.  thragtusk or wolfirs at 5.  oh, and the troll is another 2 drop.

it could be the case that running just green and white might be just as good, if not better due to the mana being even more consistent and being able to better run things like sigarda.

i guess, in my mind, the red is just a little to akward to stretch for.

also, while i think birds will be in, i don't know if they've been actually confirmed yet.       

Blue is the best color ever. How do you deal?  ------------------------------  Team GFG - "gulf, foxtrot, gulf" 

I produce Dubstep and House beats:

https://soundcloud.com/burning_forest

Best Pauper Deck in the format, not close:

http://community.wizards.com/content/forum-topic/2974646#comment-49713276

Photobucket

I guess where Ive been getting stuck is with the Loltroll

It seems wrong not to run Grvecrawlers with him, then you want Ghouls as well to make the Crawlers more consistent, and then you're playin Junk zombies, which just sounds awkward for some reason.

Him and Unburial Rites seems like a perfect marriage, but then I feel like I should run some sort of fatty, since if you're playing Rites just for value I feel like you aren't doing it right, and I know you mentioned earlier you actually like that idea.
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
And yes if birds aren't in RTR then this deck just can't work IMO
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
And yes if birds aren't in RTR then this deck just can't work IMO

Truth!

Sign In to post comments