Competition: Inner Angels

80 posts / 0 new
Last post
First of all i wish to thank ObsidianConspiracy for inspireing me to try my hand at a Contest and the idea to do this.now i like the angels Vs Demon thing so make a card baise on a picture i show you and then i let you vote the winner. then the winner can post a picture if he/she wants, if not i will

First Picture

IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/oQoEq.gif)IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/cH6Sm.gif)

Planar Sentinel             

Creature - Angel Archon

Flash, Flying, Vigilance

When ~ comes into play, remove all +1/+1
counters from all creatures, and remove all
loyalty counters from all Planeswalkers.

"ENOUGH! You fools need to reminded of
your place in the natural order of existence!"

7/7

Fall From Grace
()()()
Tribal Enchantment - Demon Angel Aura
Enchant Angel or Demon creature
Enchanted creature gets +3/+3, and gains flying and deathtouch.
Enchanted creature is a White Angel and a Black Demon in addition to its other types.
Not all of the chosen can rise to valor, but every one of them may fall. 
Autocarding
Please Please Please Autocard/// / / / [c]Protean Hydra[/c] => Protean Hydra / / / I can't read the cards you reference without it... / Well, ok, I CAN read the cards, but it involves opening Gatherer, looking your card up by name, hoping it's spelled right, and... I'm just too lazy to do it, alright? Please Autocard.
Damming Light |
Instant
Flash, Cascade, Epic
Exile all non-token cards. Put a 5/5 white angel creature token with flying and first strike and a 5/5 black demon creature with flying and trample into play.
You have fallen from my grace, lost my favor, you shall not come again.
My Philosophies
1: Magic is awesome. 2: Haters gunna hate. And when they do, use your shotgun. 3: One Direction is quite possibly the most amazing thing ever. 4: I like boys. Got a problem? Then you're an idiot. 5: I'm better than you. 6: I am a vampire. 7: PONIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! [i](No, I'm not a brony. I like Actual ponies. The ones that are young horses?
First thing you should know, I'm a permanent newb. Jace has amazing hair! I am Black/Green
I am Black/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
My People Tallies
MagicPablo666: 1 ChaosLight: 1
Wings of Night
Artifact - Equipment
Equipped creature gets +1/+2 has flying.
: Untap equipped creature.
As long as Wings of Night is untapped, equipped creature has hexproof.
As long as Wings of Night is tapped, equipped creature has deathtouch.
Equip
Contest Winners
Random Words
Round 1: Maraxas-of-Keld, Cryos_Icy_Manipulator Round 2: Dr_Demento, UltraMaximum Round 3: Dr_Demento, Keino Round 4: KunouNoHana Round 5: Maraxas-of-Keld, Stigma_Lasher Round 6: royinator Round 7: forty2j Round 8: Qazior Round 9: Qazior Round 10: Could be you link
Split Cards
Winner: dberry02
Pac-Man
Round 1: Fallingman
Worldprism
Quotes
57051078 wrote:
I just love how focused the YMtC community is.
56901828 wrote:
That's what I love about posting on these forums. Everyone's an expert(except for me).
57031358 wrote:
really no need to be so bitchy.
58021268 wrote:
@Edacade: Awright kid you go on ahead and do your thing and don't let anyone tell you different y'hear
58335208 wrote:
City of Asymmetrical Beings Land :T:, sacrifice a creature: Destroy target creature with the same converted mana cost as the sacrificed creature.
56957928 wrote:
57864098 wrote:
Might I just interject that making this a meme is the worst idea in magic in my opinion. It is too overpowered. It encourages cheating it in play. Essentially 99/100 times it is cheated in play instead of hardcast. Not only that, but you essentially win when it comes into play.
74943291 wrote:
82512575 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
Make five-color hybrid tribal instant with buyback, kicker, cycling, card draw, token production, a steal effect, alternate casting cost and landfall that embodies the love that your mom and I share.
I think you just killed all chances of my card being elegant. Ardency :1mana::symwu::symbr: Tribal Instant - Soldier You may have target opponent gain control of 3 permanents you control rather than pay ~'s mana cost. As an additional cost to cast ~, choose two creatures you control, and sacrifice the rest. If you control a soldier, you can't sacrifice permanents this turn. Landfall - If you had a land enter the battlefield under your control this turn, instead choose 4 creatures. Kicker You get an emblem with "As long as you control both chosen creatures, they have protection from everything." If ~ was kicked, creatures you control get +1/+1 for each creature card in your graveyard until end of turn. Cycling :2mana: When you cycle ~, put two 2/2 Soldier creatures onto the battlefield. Would this EVER fit on a card?~
Aside from a few wording mishaps (should say "each chosen creature" because it's not necessarily two) this is nice. Very simple and elegant. I like the alternate cost a lot, and the kicker goes nicely with the sacrifice. However, the cycling seems a bit powerful (4 power and a card for 3? Cycling is supposed be bad. 8/10 EDIT: Just looked up "ardency". Lol.
58347268 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
58325628 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
I'm immortalized too as long as no one deletes this post!
But in the shadow of the great one lurked many who sought to partake of his eternal glory.
Since when am I "many"?
You're a whole damn city.
74943291 wrote:
83237429 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
83237429 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
Ahem.
58021268 wrote:
Vivisect Sorcery As an additional cost to cast Vivisect, sacrifice a creature. Draw three cards. "For the sake of humanity," the surgeon whispered. The knife had never felt heavier in his hand.
I don't think a world that sacrifices so much would want to stop the making of children .
Vivisect =/= vasectomy
Now I just feel silly.
56287226 wrote:
I read over two hundred webcomics on a regular basis. "Terrible" doesn't even begin to describe me.
70246459 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
I think that this is the first wizards-community thread that actually made me laugh out loud. Maraxas, I love you.
IMAGE(http://www.free-smiley-faces.de/free-animated-smileys_Smileys-animiert-kostenlos/free-animated-smiley-love_smiley-herz-animiert-kostenlos_250x250.gif)
58347268 wrote:
batman is a jerk in all of my dreams
mafia is fun so play it
There are cars in that image. Plus it is kinda homoerotic.

Anyway:

Heavenly Beckoning
Sorcery
Choose one: Target creature becomes a 4/4 White Angel with Flying until end of turn; or Return target Angel to its owner's hand.
Entwine

"I tire of drakes. . ." - Talrand, Shell Enthusiast

"Come hither my Naked Muscular Mangel. I have need of you." - God.

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
There are cars in that image. Plus it is kinda homoerotic.

Anyway:

Heavenly Beckoning
Sorcery
Choose one: Target creature becomes a 4/4 White Angel with Flying until end of turn; or Return target Angel to its owner's hand.
Entwine

"I tire of drakes. . ." - Talrand, Shell Enthusiast

"Come hither my Naked Muscular Mangel. I have need of you." - God.

I hadn't noticed. XD
My Philosophies
1: Magic is awesome. 2: Haters gunna hate. And when they do, use your shotgun. 3: One Direction is quite possibly the most amazing thing ever. 4: I like boys. Got a problem? Then you're an idiot. 5: I'm better than you. 6: I am a vampire. 7: PONIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! [i](No, I'm not a brony. I like Actual ponies. The ones that are young horses?
First thing you should know, I'm a permanent newb. Jace has amazing hair! I am Black/Green
I am Black/Green
My People Tallies
Stormtide Vanguard
Creature - Angel
Flying, First Strike
When ~ enters the battlefield tap all lands target player controls. Those lands don't untap during their controller's next untap phase.
4/4
"I am the moonlight and the ocean wave. Be dazzled by my brilliance or crushed by my strength."

Decks
Modern

Bloody Fangs

Cruel Master

Life Unbound

Survival of the Fittest

EDH

The Indomitable Doran, the Siege Tower

Mimeomancy The Mimeoplasm

Cube

360 Pauper "Colour Basics"

I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green

Transcendent One

Creature - Angel Incarnation
Flying, Hexproof
Transcendent One's power and toughness are each equal to your life total.
When Transcendent One enters the battlefield, exile all other permanents you control.
When Transcendent One leaves the battlefield, return all permanents exiled by it to the battlefield under their owners' control.
*/*

"Enjoy your screams, Sarpadia - they will soon be muffled beneath snow and ice."
On Worldbuilding - On Crafting Aliens - Pillars of Art and Flavor - Simulationism, Narritivism, and Gamism - Shub-Niggurath in D&D
THE COALITION WAR GAME -Phyrexian Chief Praetor
Round 1: (4-1-2, 1 kill)
Round 2: (16-8-2, 4 kills)
Round 3: (18-9-2, 1 kill)
Round 4: (22-10-0, 2 kills)
Round 5: (56-16-3, 9 kills)
Round 6: (8-7-1)

Last Edited by Ralph on blank, 1920

Doomed Sovereign

Creature - Angel Advisor

Flying
At the beginning of the end step, if an opponent controls at least one creature, return ~ to it's owners hand.

With such descent within his people, he could not complete his heaven sent mission.

6/6
Mio, Angel of Impediment
Legendary Creature - Angel
Flying
Grandeur - Discard another card named Mio, Angel of Impediment: Destroy all artifacts and enchantments.
4/4

not this

Divine Impediment 
Sorcery
Destroy all artifacts and enchantments.
"Press the celestial reset button"
worship the horn
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/28209491/Conch_Horn
Damming Light |
Instant
Flash, Cascade, Epic
Exile all non-token cards. Put a 5/5 white angel creature token with flying and first strike and a 5/5 black demon creature with flying and trample into play.

I'm pretty sure you can't have Cascade and Epic on the same card.  Epic prevents you from casting spells; even ones you would normall get to cast for free with Cascade.  Also, this is an instant.  It technically doesn't need Flash.

@mikemearls The office is basically empty this week, which opens up all sorts of possibilities for low shenanigans

@mikemearls In essence, all those arguments I lost are being unlost. Won, if you will. We're doing it MY way, baby.

@biotech66 aren't you the boss anyway? isn't "DO IT OR I FIRE YOU!" still an option?

@mikemearls I think Perkins would throat punch me if I ever tried that. And I'd give him a glowing quarterly review for it.

If you want to be technical, the Cascade will trigger on the initial cast of the spell, before the Epic part of the card has resolved, so you will be able to cast it. All further Epic triggers only makes copies without casting them, which won't trigger Cascade.

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

Platinum Archangel
Artifact Creature - Angel
Hexproof, flying
You can't lose the game and your opponents can't win the game.
"He exist solely to prove that you can improve upon perfection."
5/5

IMAGE(http://i1.minus.com/jbcBXM4z66fMtK.jpg)

192884403 wrote:
surely one can't say complex conditional passive language is bad grammar ?
Plus it is kinda homoerotic.

everything good in life is

Purge the Guilds
Tribal Sorcery - Angel
Cast Purge the Guilds only if you control an Angel.
Exile all black permanents, red parmanents, and green permanents.
"This corruption must end.  Purity must be returned to Ravnica."

---since he's in a city kinda atmosphere... and it looks like a biblical style cleansing flood
If any of you Angel designing guys want to design say some... Demons, Round 4 for Competition: Inner Demons is open for one more day.
Top of my list of settings I want in Magic that won't happen is a world full of brutalist buildings and semi-modern technology, because I think the idea that modern things don't fit in fantasy is stupid and need to die. With that in mind:

Bleachfeather Angel

Creature-Angel
Flying
Stain— If you spent at least to cast Bleachfeather Angel, it has vigilance and first strike.
Stain— If you spent at least to cast Bleachfeather Angel, it has "When Bleachfeather Angel enters the battlefield, destroy all other creatures."
4/4

From a set where the idea is that magic is just seeping into the world, transforming its colourless inhabitants as it spreads.

I'm going to give this about 24 more hours that we can start voting

IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/oQoEq.gif)IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/cH6Sm.gif)
Damming Light |
Instant
Epic
Exile cards from the top of your library until you exile a nonland card that costs less then Damming Light. You may put it into play. Put the exiled cards on the bottom of your library in a random order.

I'm pretty sure you can't have Cascade and Epic on the same card.  Epic prevents you from casting spells; even ones you would normall get to cast for free with Cascade.  Also, this is an instant.  It technically doesn't need Flash.

Thanks, this was from the original version which was an enchantment.
Above is the edit, wordy and confusing. 
My Philosophies
I am Black/Green
My People Tallies
Who votes? How does that work?
Autocarding
Please Please Please Autocard/// / / / [c]Protean Hydra[/c] => Protean Hydra / / / I can't read the cards you reference without it... / Well, ok, I CAN read the cards, but it involves opening Gatherer, looking your card up by name, hoping it's spelled right, and... I'm just too lazy to do it, alright? Please Autocard.

Michael, The Final Messenger

Legendary Creature--Angel

Flying, lifelink, vigilance

When ~ ETB, destroy all lands. 6/7

139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
The art would have to depict a winged John Travolta.

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
Who votes? How does that work?

Anyone can vote if they want to

Voting time

i vote for nukeshooter
Well, I vote for BiggBaddBill magicpablo666. I'm assuming you can't vote for yourself, or it would be a 23 way tie.
Autocarding
You're a nice guy BBB - I'm glad my critique of your card didn't make you dislike me. I hope you're not trying to bribe the judge.

I vote Sebanovich. Grandeur has always struck me as such an odd keyword - like the flavor behind it is so strange. Mechanically, I understand it, because having multiples of a Legend in your deck can turn into dead weight - what amuses me about this card is that it would be really useful in an EDH deck - maybe not as general, but as a card. The only problem is, the Grandeur would be really hard to pull off - though I would concede to anyone who did.

For me the feeling the card radiates is almost one of Godliness. Instead of two mortal 'Walkers battling, you are a demigod at the helm of some kind of Cumulus Chariot. Your greatest creations fly before you leading a vanguard of Winged Obliteration. Among them, Mio, flies, her blade blazing brightly in the clear sun-drenched sky. You enter into battle with your opponent, and the fighting is fierce, you summon all the support you can muster, but you aren't the most creative of the Lesser Gods, and for some reason your mind keeps thinking of Mio. You know you can't just create a copy of her - but perhaps you can use your understanding itself as a weapon.

Then again I could be totally off. I dunno. Did Mark or Brady or anyone ever say anything about what Grandeur was supposed to represent?

139359831 wrote:
vote = nukeshooter
You're a nice guy BBB - I'm glad my critique of your card didn't make you dislike me. I hope you're not trying to bribe the judge.

Not at all, I voted for the one card that works without going totally overboard. Plus, hey those are opinions. We all have them.
Autocarding

Not at all, I voted for the one card that works without going totally overboard. Plus, hey those are opinions. We all have them.

I know. I know. I was merely jesting.

139359831 wrote:
The Shooter of the Nuke.
My Philosophies
I am Black/Green
My People Tallies
my vote goes to Sebanovich.

Also I hope no one votes for my card it is terrible.

IMAGE(http://i1.minus.com/jbcBXM4z66fMtK.jpg)

192884403 wrote:
surely one can't say complex conditional passive language is bad grammar ?
Ah, I'm going to have to vote for Nukeshooter as well. While I normally find voting for onself distasteful, a lot of these cards seem unnecessarily complex or powerful. Seb's Grandeur use is very cool and I'd be honoured to lose to him; and while Cityofas' equipment definitely tickles my fancy, it feels inelegant, and I've never been a fan of thunderstaff type effects.

Decks
Modern

Bloody Fangs

Cruel Master

Life Unbound

Survival of the Fittest

EDH

Cube

I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green

The art would have to depict a winged John Travolta.

Now that's just silly. Everyone knows there are no angels in the Church of Happyology.

I was going for Michael heralding Armageddon.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
Well, I vote for BiggBaddBill magicpablo666. I'm assuming you can't vote for yourself, or it would be a 23 way tie.

i suggest that you don't vote for youself, but you can if you think the others are not as good. Thick as if you was a player and not a designer

24 hour warning on voting
Well, being mine is a tribal aura with 2 creature types, it's kinda wordy, I believe every other card here is overpowered. I truly feel that my top 3 in order are:
magicpablo666
nukeshooter
me. 
Autocarding
My vote goes to Turnip_Song, with a really close second pace to Koridian.  Actually, if I can give half a vote to both, I will.

@magicpablo666.  thank you very much for the comment.
worship the horn
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/28209491/Conch_Horn
Vote: Tevish_Szat followed by turnip_song.

@magicpablo666.  thank you very much for the comment.

No problem.

139359831 wrote:
I found this nifty little button
Autocarding
sorry about the delay
ended voting
the scores
nukeshooter 4
magicpablo666 1
Sebnovich 2
tunup song 1
tevish_szat 1

nukeshooter wins
Thank you to all my adoring fans. I create for you! :P

Decks
Modern

Bloody Fangs

Cruel Master

Life Unbound

Survival of the Fittest

EDH

Cube

I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green

Totally should have voted for myself.
Autocarding