9/13/2012 TD: "Four Riddles Revealed"

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of this week's Top Decks, which goes live Thursday morning on magicthegathering.com.
This card wants Urzatron/Cloudpost, bad. I'd rather have Concentrate/Tidings than this; life isn't really worth the extra 2 mana.

As it stands, I can see it as a one-of "finisher", like Mind Spring, in grindy U/W control decks. Or another sideboard card for control mirrors.
I can see no reason why both Rakdos's Return and Sphinx's Revelation should be mythic instead of rare. They are not complex cards, and their power level is not pushed that much.
Rares are allowed to be more complex than mythics, and not all mythics have to be competitively powerful. Pretend that X is a big number and 'feel' the card rather than analysing it.
This article does not contain the word "instant".  Did Mike miss that?  Instant card drawing is kind of a big deal.  Mike seems to think this spell will do better in an invironment without counterspells.  That would be true if it were a sorcery, but by being an instant its value jumps when combined with counter magic.
You know what's vastly better than this card? Holler.
I want to be Cultured.
I like this card. I always play 1-2 BSZ's in my control decks, and this is almost always better (corner case scenario's when you mill your opponent out with it and you save yourself from decking).

Too bad draw-go control is unplayable right now, lol.

IMAGE(http://i1.minus.com/jbcBXM4z66fMtK.jpg)

192884403 wrote:
surely one can't say complex conditional passive language is bad grammar ?
I like this card. I always play 1-2 BSZ's in my control decks, and this is almost always better (corner case scenario's when you mill your opponent out with it and you save yourself from decking).

No decking your opponent with this card, it says YOU draw.

No decking your opponent with this card, it says YOU draw.

That is exactly what I said?

IMAGE(http://i1.minus.com/jbcBXM4z66fMtK.jpg)

192884403 wrote:
surely one can't say complex conditional passive language is bad grammar ?
So he disregards the obvious fact that Jace 2.0 was the house in UW control, and tries to give Mind Spring more credit than it's due.  I don't doubt that Sphinx's Revelation will see play, but it's not like we have a standard with Spreading Seas and a good Jace.  Let's face it, there was a reason he was maindecking 4 seas.
Sign In to post comments