Few questions

3 posts / 0 new
Last post

Hello.!

As usually I have encountered a few problems that I dont know how to solve so here are a few questions:

Can I Mana Leak everything as it is beaing cast? Even creatures etc...? (I think yes but my opponent said no way...)

Can I Mana Leak even the sacrifice ability? Eg. if Fume Spitter is sacrificed can I counter the -1/-1?

On this note when I counter Bloodhunter Bat with Mana Leak than the +2 -2 life wont happen, right?

And one more q: When I use Stolen Goods does the card that I cast remain under my controll untill it is destroyed? Meaning if I "cast" a creature with Stolen Goods that creature from now on belongs under my controll until it is killed?

Thank you for your answers! I do really find them usefull and everyday I learn more and more about Magic... :D

yes, everything that is cast is a spell, and a legal target for Mana Leak
note that there are some abilities that put creatures onto the battlefield without them being cast

you cannot Mana Leak abilities like Fume Spitter, you'd need Trickbind or Stifle for that
furthermore costs cannot be responded to, so you can't do anything to stop him sacrificing it

if you counter a spell, none of its effects will happen

yes, if you cast a permanent with Stolen Goods you control it until it changes zones or until something says otherwise
proud member of the 2011 community team
yes, everything that is cast is a spell, and a legal target for Mana Leak
note that there are some abilities that put creatures onto the battlefield without them being cast

you cannot Mana Leak abilities like Fume Spitter, you'd need Trickbind or Stifle for that
furthermore costs cannot be responded to, so you can't do anything to stop him sacrificing it

if you counter a spell, none of its effects will happen

yes, if you cast a permanent with Stolen Goods you control it until it changes zones or until something says otherwise

Thank you kind sir! ;)