+2 Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord
+2 Corpsejack Menace
+4 Grisly Salvage
+4 Slaughter Games
+4 Dreadbore
+2 Increasing Savagery
+1 Rancor
+2 Lands

This deck can pump up any creature with a lot of counter very fast.  The only thing rotating out in a couple weeks is the Volt Charge too.  I already have a few ideas for what I want to add whenever RTR comes out.  I will add Black to the mix so it will be R/G/B and I will utilize dredge / scavenge mechanics.  Death for getting my cheap creatures back like and Dreg Mangler for added pressure.  Also Shambling Shell looks pretty good for even more pressure + counters as well.  Anyone have some suggestions or thoughts on the idea?
Intersting concept on getting Slumber boosted with counters. That could be used to devestating effect.

If you need removal, I would suggest switcihng out Volt Charge for Searing Spear.

Other spells that add counters are Timberland Guide and Travel Preparations.  Not the most efficient, but hey... ideas.

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg)

I found Carmen Sandiego before you were born unless you're Zlehtnoba.

I actually had Timberland Guide and Deranged Outcast in before I had the nobles, but I think I like the nobles better.  For a 1CMC that gains a counter each time it deals combat damage to player, it puts extra pressure on so they have to attack back.  Fling hadn't really crossed my mind, would be nice for getting morbid effect from Hunger of Howlpack though.
Corpsejack Menace will definitely find a way into my deck when RTR is out too.
Thanks for the Deranged Outcast card, I hadn't noticed that one.  Also works as a trigger for Morbid.

hey man nice ideas ..

i am currently trying to make a r/g wait then hate deck haha...with slumbering dragon but i know rotation is comming soon so i am only using cards from innistrad and m13 so far .. i know lots of cards from scars are good to use but im gonna stick with current and rotation

so here is what i have for the deck . totally from own creation its called  wait then hate

creatures (16)

4 slumbering dragons
4 stromkirk nobles
4vexing devil
4 young wolf

spells 24

4 hunger of the howelpack
4 fog
4 rancor
2 blessings of nature
1 farseek
3 abundant growth
4 pillar of flame
2 searing spears

lands 20

4 rootbound crag
10 forest
7 mountain

thru play testing i have found that slumbering dragon can actually awaken by turn 3 and 4
I'd play Fling more as a finisher. Stomp with something pumped up, then smack 'em one last time. 

I found Carmen Sandiego before you were born unless you're Zlehtnoba.

I can hit with dragon turn 2 with my deck.  Ideally it goes like this
Turn1:  Copperline Gorge / Dragon
Turn2: Miracle Blessing of nature, Forest / Beetle / Attack for 8 with Dragon

Reverberating Blessing of Nature is also fun, 8 Counters for 3 mana if its miracled
I can hit with dragon turn 2 with my deck.  Ideally it goes like this
Turn1:  Copperline Gorge / Dragon
Turn2: Miracle Blessing of nature, Forest / Beetle / Attack for 8 with Dragon

Reverberating Blessing of Nature is also fun, 8 Counters for 3 mana if its miracled

Sounds like fun!

ya man thats perfect situation. i found bond beetle to be too slow and almost unplayable.. the deck i made is around the dragon but its versitile enough to use all  the other creatures plus other spells together and bust thru.  all my drops are 1cmc, besides 5 cards speed is where the dragon will shine
someone also suggested I use Beast Within for some control.  It has some possibilities too I believe.  Too bad it's rotating.
i may have to find another set of creatures if things like fog and pillar of flame arent great removals
Death for getting my cheap creatures back like and Dreg Mangler for added pressure.  Also Shambling Shell looks pretty good for even more pressure + counters as well.  Anyone have some suggestions or thoughts on the idea?

Just letting you know, Life // Death and Shambling Shell are not in the new standard enviroment.  Also Fling rotates in Oct...

Ok back to the point: I love this idea.  Fast guys, counters and killing.

Definatly use Slitherhead:
Show
bg
Creature - Plant Zombie
Scavenge 0(0, Exile this card from your graveyard: Put a number of +1/+1 counter's equal to this card's power on target creature. Scavenge only as a sorcery.)
1/1

As a replacement for Fling you could use Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord.  This does involve going 3 colors... Sucks but a reliable sac outlet is hard to find for a kill...
Well, Shambling Shell would be amazing if it hasn't been spoiled yet and still might, I was definitely going to use Slitherhead and Fling was reprinted in Dark Ascension so it will still be around for a while.  Girsly Salvage seems like it might do well too with scavenge mechanic or dredge if thats going to be around.  And also Jarad's Orders
Well, Shambling Shell would be amazing if it hasn't been spoiled yet and still might, I was definitely going to use Slitherhead and Fling was reprinted in Dark Ascension so it will still be around for a while.  Girsly Salvage seems like it might do well too with scavenge mechanic or dredge if thats going to be around.  And also Jarad's Orders

Ok you got me on the Fling but Wizards already said they are not printing any thing with the old Ravnica abilities (Dredge is one).  Grisly Salvage is awesome (while play testing with it).  I think that Jarad's Orders might cost a little much, and the fact that it's a sorcery you can only do so much.

Order's would be nice for throwing something like Deadbridge Goliath in the graveyard and grabbing a dragon or other 1drop.  6 mana for a scavange is quite a bit for 5 counters.  Kinda feel like there should be a way of taking advantage of that somehow, just don't like the idea of ramping in this deck.  I'm trying to keep everything below 3 CMC, just a couple 4+ if any at all.
Slaughter Games would be a good counter for Supreme Verdict too.  I have had the most problems with day of judgement and the like due to Rangers Guile and Sheltering word not protecting me from board wipe.
Intersting concept on getting Slumber boosted with counters. That could be used to devestating effect.

If you need removal, I would suggest switcihng out Volt Charge for Searing Spear.

Other spells that add counters are Timberland Guide and Travel Preparations.  Not the most efficient, but hey... ideas.

Volt charge gives dragon extra counters, the 1 mana is worth it.
thats why i have it in there now, but proliferate will be rotating out so i may throw in searing spear for cheaper removal
Ok, I've been testing with the new RTR cards and I seem to  have found a good makeup i think.  I will edit my first post.
I like the new list.
hey man nice new list. i had to alter mine. so howcome your going 3 colour?  do you find this deck is quick paced. cause i found using slumberimg dragon there has to be crazy speed.  if you wanna know the rout i went send me a pm

Sign In to post comments