Competition: Team Game: RED vs BLUE (Mk II)

309 posts / 0 new
Last post
Inspired by Yarium's RED vs BLUE contest.

Rules:
57253798 wrote:
RED vs BLUE pits designer against designer like never before! Players will enter into the tournament and, after the qualifying round, will be entered into one of two teams - team RED, or team BLUE. Each round when designing your cards, you'll post your Team's colours like so:

Team RED
Team BLUE

(bold, underlined, and matching-colour - to allow those viewing the competition to easily see who's on what team, without going through the whole thread)

The point of this contest is to help your team achieve success! Every round I'll present a challenge, and you'll need to design a card to meet that challenge. I'll be grading you as a team, so give your team-mates pointers on their cards so they can modify them, and make sure your team wins!
Each round I will present a FUN card challenge. You'll have 48 hours each time to submit your entries, after which, I'll grade them out of 10.

Here's the twist.

I'm not posting your grades.

Instead, each round, I'm going to find your team's AVERAGE score (Sum of team's Total scores, divided by the number of players remaining on that team), and post that! That's right - you won't know who scored what. You'll just know where your team as a whole sits. Whichever team has the highest average score will be the winning team.

The winning team's members are SAFE.
The losing team's members are IN JEOPARDY.

Whichever team loses must then vote off one member of their team. This is why I won't be showing you the individual scores - it's up to you as a team to figure out who your weakest link is. In the case of a tie, the player who, in my opinion, deserves to carry on will continue. Voting will take 24 hours.

Play continues until only one team remains - and all of that team's players win!

Sound Good? Great.

Unlike Yarium, I will be posting your grades after the vote has been completed, so don't worry, you'll see my comments. I would also been keen to have at least one other judge on board if possible. Please PM me over the next two days for details if you would like to help me.

Qualifying Round:

This round will be used to seperate designers into teams. I won't set an upper limit on entries for now and won't cut anyone unless we have an odd number or far too many for me to cope with.

Criteria:

It's 'Return to Ravinca' soon; so here's our premise:

Ever thought that one of the Guilds just doesn't fit? It might not fit it's colours, feel lackluster or disparate from the other Guilds?

Choose a Guild. Imagine that Guild never existed and create one card to showcase a new Guild in those colours that fits better. New mechanics, themes, name, etc. can (and probably should) be included - just don't change the colours (No mono or tri+ coloured guilds please).

You have 2 days. Good luck.
That contest was awesome.  EchoRobin was on fire (I wonder where she is these days).

I'll come up with a card.
worship the horn
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/28209491/Conch_Horn
:U: The Socratus.  (yes it's a bad name)

The socratus guild are the leaders of Ravnica, utilising a form of philosophical meritocracy as opposed to a convulted bureaucracy. They emphasise debate, questioning and the search for a deeper meaning. Athough supported by the majority of Ravnican citizens, othe guilds often find them frustrating for their insistence on waiting until they have decided on the 'right' thing to do.

Street Sage :U:
Creature - Human Advisor

; Draw a card, then discard a card.

Sway :W::U: (You may cast this card for its Sway cost. If you do, put it into play as an enchantment - aura with 'you control enchanted creature' attached to target creature with converted mana cost X, where X is this cards converted mana cost.)

1/1

He walks the winding ways of the city, seeking answers. Sometimes, once in a thousand faces, he finds a believer. 

Bit of a long mechanic there. And I've just realised that Glasir did a you control target creature mechanic as well, but this will appear before his post so I win. (Although I think they're different enough to get by.)
Ego
144902215 wrote:
Morgothra has the Syntax and Grammar of a God.
56754738 wrote:
I love this card.
56771968 wrote:
I can't compete with this.
57461258 wrote:
@Morgothra: Beautifully said, sir. Beautifully said.
Contest Winners
CKY, magicpablo666 and Dinobeer combined ingenuity and silliness to win a Summer fUn contest each! vlord beat the rest to become the architect of a better tomorrow in Build it and they will come! CityofAs pranced masterfully to victory in Skipping Merrily! ConfusedAsUsual conquered both tropes and opponents to ascend in Metafiction! FirstTurnKill condensed Success into Art form in Summing it Up!
Working space.

Show

I wonder to myself; what if the Gruul weren't completely written out of the Guildpact? What kind of Guild would they be. I don't plan on making Ravnica not a city plane, because then it's not Ravnica.

What kind of Guild would a guild in a city world be?

They would be the anti-guild. The guild that actively tries to undo the work of the other guilds, to return Ravnica to the way it was. The other guilds use the Gruul to keep them honest, to make sure they're strong. If they're not strong, they will fall.
TO begin with, i have to say that I like how every guilds work in Ravnica, and I wouldn't change any of them.  That said, blue and green has some unexplored space, that is lacking in Ravnica and that is really fun. I'm talking about land manipulation.  While green likes to put land into play, blue likes to use it as ressources, other then it's mana, so it can be put onto the battlefield again (gush, deprive, the moonfolk tribe, sea drake.)

Guild color:
Guild name: Sismic (add and "s" to sound like "seismic")
Color Mechanic:  Landfall would be good, but I'll go with something new
Ecomutate.  To ecomutate, is to return a number of land to your hand, in exchange of new lands from your hand.

Terrascaper  :gum:
Creature - Elf Wizard
: Ecomutate (Return a land to your hand.  If you do, you may put a land from your hand onto the battlefield.)
1/1
worship the horn
TO begin with, i have to say that I like how every guilds work in Ravnica, and I wouldn't change any of them.

I'm sure the great designers of the YMtC Community can come up with something. My intention for the criteria was more what 'could' you do with one of the Guilds not what 'should' you do.
Guild Identitiy:
Guild Name: Attal
Guild Mechanic: Ambush COST (Reveal CARDNAME from your hand, COST: Put this card onto the battlefield tapped and attacking. Ambush only once a turn and only if you control an attacking creature.)

Attal Bruiser -- 
Creature - Human Berserker(U)
Trample
Ambush
3/1
Real men hold shift. If everyone has their fingers in the pie, then someone is eating fingers.
I might join. I work terribly on a team though.

How about I make a PINK team for you?

It's light red.

I might join. Didn't do so well last time, but whatever...

It's light red.

I might join. Didn't do so well last time, but whatever...

Step it up! You need to drop the frickin' moon this time!
Oooh, cool. I don't look forward to being voted out, or having to vote others out - but otherwise I really like this idea. Interesting if the other team got to vote people out of their opponent team - then it would be an honour - but it would also lead to steadily worse and worse cards probably.

I like most of the Guilds. I agree with Sebs that Simic is under-utilized, but since he already did it, and I have a thing for being original, I'm not going to do that one. I think I have a pretty okay idea.

Szadek has decided that Dimir isn't secret enough. He has to make a cover for them. A "proxy Guild" that stands in their place. That represents their values and can be seen by the public, but one that is ultimately just there so that people aren't looking for him. They have no objective other than as a cover story. They are called the Konfinus.

Konfinus Mechanic: Gambit cost (You may cast this spell for its gambit cost and exile a card from your hand, face down. When this permanent leaves the battlefield, you may cast the exiled card for this card's Gambit cost.)

Gambit type (You may cast this spell for its gambit cost and exile a type card from your hand, face down. When this permanent leaves the battlefield, you may cast the exiled card without paying its mana cost.)

Sacrificial Lambmage
Creature - Zombie Goat Wizard
Gambit Assassin (You may cast this spell for its gambit cost and exile an Assassin card from your hand, face down. When this permanent leaves the battlefield, you may cast the exiled card without paying its mana cost.)
When ~ enters your graveyard from play, tap target creature

"No. Please, officer. Stop. I swear it wasn't me!"

2/2

Ta-da! Edit: Edited my mechanic and entry.

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
That contest was awesome.  EchoRobin was on fire (I wonder where she is these days).

It's a mystery.

Among all the guilds, Boros' mechanic always felt the least...exciting. The flavor was fine, but it just never really panned out. Orzhov's mechanic didn't really work either. That, however, was the fault of the design team. Haunt is a great mechanic that was never really fleshed out or explored. Lastly, the Gruul. Again, a flavorful mechanic that just didn't really amount to anything.

So, new mechanic for the Gruul (because I prefer Haunt for Orzhov and White/Red mechanics are, annoying to design).

Guild: Kagmor
Colors:
Mechanic:

Primal [cost] (You may cast this spell for its primal cost. Spend only mana produced by creatures to pay primal costs.)

Some of you may recognize this. It was a mechanic I designed a long time ago (curiously enough, it was for another of Yarium's contests). However, the mechanic was not one of my submissions (it was just an example to point out something about the actual submission). Never used it up to this point, so I feel it's alright if I finally bring it out.

Kagmor Bloodpack |
Creature - Wolf (U)
Haste
Primal (You may cast this spell for its primal cost. Spend only mana produced by creatures to pay primal costs.)
3/2

I LOVE YOU NOW!
It's light red.

See above. That refrence makes me happy.
My Philosophies
1: Magic is awesome. 2: Haters gunna hate. And when they do, use your shotgun. 3: One Direction is quite possibly the most amazing thing ever. 4: I like boys. Got a problem? Then you're an idiot. 5: I'm better than you. 6: I am a vampire. 7: PONIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! [i](No, I'm not a brony. I like Actual ponies. The ones that are young horses?
First thing you should know, I'm a permanent newb. Jace has amazing hair! I am Black/Green
I am Black/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
My People Tallies
MagicPablo666: 1 ChaosLight: 1
Thanas, the Mercy-Killers

Ravnica has grown to be so massive that even Azorius has trouble understanding how it sustains itself. Ravnica has grown to the point of destruction. Ravnica lies in its own filth, overpopulated, teeming with cutpurses and beggars. Even the lowliest gardener understands that to continue the growth sometimes a branch must be trimmed. For the good of everyone, someone needs to trim down the numbers! The guild Thanas has gracefully accepted this great duty.

Thanas is set up like a knightly order but performs the duties of assassins and murderers. Within the guild is a rigid honor code and social structure. In the field, the Thanas are unbreakable as a stalwart knight , but as slippery as a nimble assassin. They hit hard, and then make a tactical retreat.

Mechanic: Vanish cost (To vanish, return this card to your hand.)

Spree Killing -
Enchantment - Aura
When Spree Killing enters the battlefield, destroy target creature.
Vanish (To vanish, return this card to your hand.)
A great killer never stops at one.

Pre-game prediction: I'll be the deciding vote in the round I get voted out.

Hurrah for can't-lose first rounds!  Particularly with this criterion...

Soltir Guildmage
Creature -- Human Wizard

: ~ deals 1 damage to target creature. Tap that creature.
: Convert target tapped creature.  (Gain control of it until end of turn.)

2/2 

It's a terrible mechanic because I am terrible at mechanics.  Guild is imagined as the good-intentioned ministry for a fiery deity.  To my future team: I promise I am better at this when we don't need to reimagine things.  Really.

"Go, then. There are other worlds than these." -- Stephen King, The Gunslinger

Please feel free to copy this message into your sig.

(Gain control of it until end of turn.)

If you're going to keyword it, at least add untap and haste to it, so it's useable.

Since I absolutely haaated Haunt.

Lifetouch
()()
Enchantment - Aura

Enchant Creature
Enchanted creature has Lifetouch. (Any amount of damage this deals to a creature is enough to destroy it, and damage dealt by this to players causes you to gain that much life.)
The Vorkan Guild would have you believe they are healers, but what does life cost?

Lifetouch Ray
()()
Sorcery

Lifetouch
Lifetouch Ray deals 1 damage to target creature or player.
The Vorkans will heal you, or kill you depending on the color of your coin.

Autocarding
Please Please Please Autocard/// / / / [c]Protean Hydra[/c] => Protean Hydra / / / I can't read the cards you reference without it... / Well, ok, I CAN read the cards, but it involves opening Gatherer, looking your card up by name, hoping it's spelled right, and... I'm just too lazy to do it, alright? Please Autocard.
Replacing the Boros mechanic Radiance.

Vengeful [NUMBER] (When this creatures leaves the battlefield, it deals NUMBER damage to target creature or player.)

Legion Martyr -- :RM::WM:
Creature - Human Soldier (C)

Vengeful 2 (When this creature leaves the battlefield, it deals 2 damage to target creature of player.)

Oftentimes, it is those who strike last that have the largest effect in battle.
2 / 1
Official archnemesis of magicpablo666 Host of Reactionary Proud owner of "The Terrible Cube" The altimis Archive I'm baking lands!!! Beginner of GROMA
Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:
I carefully examine the walls of the room in a determined effort to not follow the GMs plot.
Orzhov, Guild of money and prayer Salitus, Guild of truth and lies.
Salitus takes the totalitarian from white and the insanity/sadism from black. THE UTTER MADNESS /insert maniacal laugh here\. In Ravnica, L.O.C.K.D.O.W.N.s of districts can frequently happen causing controlled chaos. Creatures People are never knowing what could happen, if this time they'll just gass the city. They also hold thecities drug trades, which are majorly used in their own lockdowns! Basically they make everyone scares then make everyone high. They are needed to cause the levels of fear, acting as shields for the Dimir sightings and making sure the citizens cannot tell reality from fantasy. Over time they themselves became fantasy, but oh so real.

Salitus Trafficker | 
Creature - Illusion Advisor (?)
Lockdown  (During your upkeep, you may pay . If you do, target creature is in lockdown. Tap it.)
: Target tapped creature gets a Surreal counter. Creatures with Surreal counters get +0/+3 and defender. If that creature is in Lockdown, it gets -2/-2 and defender  instead.
Buddy, this can all disappear...
1/1

Salitus Guildmage | ()()
Creature - Illusion Wizard
: Lockdown target creature.
[mc]1b[mc]: Target locked down creature gets -0/-1.
2/2
My Philosophies
1: Magic is awesome. 2: Haters gunna hate. And when they do, use your shotgun. 3: One Direction is quite possibly the most amazing thing ever. 4: I like boys. Got a problem? Then you're an idiot. 5: I'm better than you. 6: I am a vampire. 7: PONIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! [i](No, I'm not a brony. I like Actual ponies. The ones that are young horses?
First thing you should know, I'm a permanent newb. Jace has amazing hair! I am Black/Green
I am Black/Green
My People Tallies
MagicPablo666: 1 ChaosLight: 1
20hr Notice (I think).

Again, I would be greatful if someone (anyone) came forward to help me judge - it would give more diverse opinions. Thanks.
If nobody else does, I will vlord. This contest looks like a super fun time, but I would rather help judge than have you swamped with gradings, thus leading to a less pleasurable experience for all.

Besides, I think we all know that I'd win anyway.

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
Never really understood the flavor behind transmute in Dimir. It makes lots of sense in CKY's set. Not in Dimir.

Guild Name: House Rimid
Guild Colors:
Guild Mechanic: Lobotomize

Lobotomize (If this creature would deal damage to a player, that player exiles that many cards from the top of his or her library instead.)

Mindslayer -
Creature - Human Assassin
Deathtouch
Lobotomize (If this creature would deal damage to a player, that player exiles that many cards from the top of his or her library instead.)
"You think too much."
3/1
Probably Haunt, since it is the only one that doesn't really do anything on its own.

Guild Name: Lorus
Guild Colors: ()
Guild Mechanic: Geist

The Lorus are responsible for keeping the spirits of Ravinca's dead in check. As such, much of Ravnica's living citizens often swarm to them and their churches to pray for their deceased loved ones. While the Lorus show compassion to these people and regarded them as a part of them, they toyed with their emotions, drowning them in depression and despair before feeding them with false hope and honeyed words. With this process, they gained themselves a huge community of devotees throughout Ravnica. Their control over spirits too meant that they have control over an army of spectre warriors potentially as vast as Ravnica.

(Yea, still kinda like the Orzhov.)

Lorus Zealot -
Creature - Human Cleric
Geist (When this creature dies, put a creature token that is a copy of it without its abilities onto the battlefield. That creature token becomes a spirit in addition to its other creature types.)
, Sacrifice ~: Target player loses 2 life and you gain 2 life. 
2/2
Show
I am Red/White
I am Red/White
I'm both chaotic and orderly. I value my own principles, and am willing to go to extreme lengths to enforce them, often trampling on the very same principles in the process. At best, I'm heroic and principled; at worst, I'm hypocritical and disorderly.
Redesigning the Orzhov
Berenov

Mechanic:Half-life(Whenever this creature would be destroyed, return it to the battlefield as a 1/1. It does not lose its abilities)
Mechanic Explanation
Half-life represents the transformation from normal healthy human to eternally crippled monster. Another big theme is giving half-life to other creatures, therefore passing on the infection.

Flavour
The Berenov  are responsible for Ravnica's hospitals and medicines. They are just supposed to treat people who are sick, but now they do very different things...

Their new leader, Juren, has followed a path of keeping Ravnica alive, but at any cost. People are forced to live in eternal pain. The hospitals, previously a place of refuge for the sick, are now to be avoided at all costs. After all, the 'patients' are doomed to an eternal halflife, being  forever infecting others

The Berenov are white because they actually genuinely believe that what they are doing is the best for people

Undesirable Patient
Creature-Human
Whenever a creature with Half-life enters the battlefield, target creature gains Half-life
Half-life
2/2
[*c]Island[*/c] minus the * = Island Really. You need to know this.
Also
We are the Izzet Some think we are scattered after the disappearance of Niv-Mizzet He is connected to us by the firemind He has formulated a master plan Before, we were just experimenters, looked down upon Now we have a greater purpose This bit is random And so is this Yeah
Closed.

With magicpablo666 kindly volunteering to be co-judge, we have 12 contestants:

Show
TO begin with, i have to say that I like how every guilds work in Ravnica, and I wouldn't change any of them.  That said, blue and green has some unexplored space, that is lacking in Ravnica and that is really fun. I'm talking about land manipulation.  While green likes to put land into play, blue likes to use it as ressources, other then it's mana, so it can be put onto the battlefield again (gush, deprive, the moonfolk tribe, sea drake.)

Guild color:
Guild name: Sismic (add and "s" to sound like "seismic")
Color Mechanic:  Landfall would be good, but I'll go with something new
Ecomutate.  To ecomutate, is to return a number of land to your hand, in exchange of new lands from your hand.

Terrascaper  :gum:
Creature - Elf Wizard
: Ecomutate (Return a land to your hand.  If you do, you may put a land from your hand onto the battlefield.)
1/1

:U: The Socratus.  (yes it's a bad name)

The socratus guild are the leaders of Ravnica, utilising a form of philosophical meritocracy as opposed to a convulted bureaucracy. They emphasise debate, questioning and the search for a deeper meaning. Athough supported by the majority of Ravnican citizens, othe guilds often find them frustrating for their insistence on waiting until they have decided on the 'right' thing to do.

Street Sage :U:
Creature - Human Advisor

; Draw a card, then discard a card.

Sway :W::U: (You may cast this card for its Sway cost. If you do, put it into play as an enchantment - aura with 'you control enchanted creature' attached to target creature with converted mana cost X, where X is this cards converted mana cost.)

1/1

He walks the winding ways of the city, seeking answers. Sometimes, once in a thousand faces, he finds a believer. 

Bit of a long mechanic there. And I've just realised that Glasir did a you control target creature mechanic as well, but this will appear before his post so I win. (Although I think they're different enough to get by.)

Guild Identitiy:
Guild Name: Attal
Guild Mechanic: Ambush COST (Reveal CARDNAME from your hand, COST: Put this card onto the battlefield tapped and attacking. Ambush only once a turn and only if you control an attacking creature.)

Attal Bruiser -- 
Creature - Human Berserker(U)
Trample
Ambush
3/1

It's a mystery.

Among all the guilds, Boros' mechanic always felt the least...exciting. The flavor was fine, but it just never really panned out. Orzhov's mechanic didn't really work either. That, however, was the fault of the design team. Haunt is a great mechanic that was never really fleshed out or explored. Lastly, the Gruul. Again, a flavorful mechanic that just didn't really amount to anything.

So, new mechanic for the Gruul (because I prefer Haunt for Orzhov and White/Red mechanics are, annoying to design).

Guild: Kagmor
Colors:
Mechanic:

Primal [cost] (You may cast this spell for its primal cost. Spend only mana produced by creatures to pay primal costs.)

Some of you may recognize this. It was a mechanic I designed a long time ago (curiously enough, it was for another of Yarium's contests). However, the mechanic was not one of my submissions (it was just an example to point out something about the actual submission). Never used it up to this point, so I feel it's alright if I finally bring it out.

Kagmor Bloodpack |
Creature - Wolf (U)
Haste
Primal (You may cast this spell for its primal cost. Spend only mana produced by creatures to pay primal costs.)
3/2

Thanas, the Mercy-Killers

Ravnica has grown to be so massive that even Azorius has trouble understanding how it sustains itself. Ravnica has grown to the point of destruction. Ravnica lies in its own filth, overpopulated, teeming with cutpurses and beggars. Even the lowliest gardener understands that to continue the growth sometimes a branch must be trimmed. For the good of everyone, someone needs to trim down the numbers! The guild Thanas has gracefully accepted this great duty.

Thanas is set up like a knightly order but performs the duties of assassins and murderers. Within the guild is a rigid honor code and social structure. In the field, the Thanas are unbreakable as a stalwart knight , but as slippery as a nimble assassin. They hit hard, and then make a tactical retreat.

Mechanic: Vanish cost (To vanish, return this card to your hand.)

Spree Killing -
Enchantment - Aura
When Spree Killing enters the battlefield, destroy target creature.
Vanish (To vanish, return this card to your hand.)
A great killer never stops at one.

Pre-game prediction: I'll be the deciding vote in the round I get voted out.

Hurrah for can't-lose first rounds!  Particularly with this criterion...

Soltir Guildmage
Creature -- Human Wizard

: ~ deals 1 damage to target creature. Tap that creature.
: Convert target tapped creature.  (Gain control of it until end of turn.)

2/2 

It's a terrible mechanic because I am terrible at mechanics.  Guild is imagined as the good-intentioned ministry for a fiery deity.  To my future team: I promise I am better at this when we don't need to reimagine things.  Really.

(Gain control of it until end of turn.)

If you're going to keyword it, at least add untap and haste to it, so it's useable.

Since I absolutely haaated Haunt.

Lifetouch
()()
Enchantment - Aura

Enchant Creature
Enchanted creature has Lifetouch. (Any amount of damage this deals to a creature is enough to destroy it, and damage dealt by this to players causes you to gain that much life.)
The Vorkan Guild would have you believe they are healers, but what does life cost?

Lifetouch Ray
()()
Sorcery

Lifetouch
Lifetouch Ray deals 1 damage to target creature or player.
The Vorkans will heal you, or kill you depending on the color of your coin.

Replacing the Boros mechanic Radiance.

Vengeful [NUMBER] (When this creatures leaves the battlefield, it deals NUMBER damage to target creature or player.)

Legion Martyr -- :RM::WM:
Creature - Human Soldier (C)

Vengeful 2 (When this creature leaves the battlefield, it deals 2 damage to target creature of player.)

Oftentimes, it is those who strike last that have the largest effect in battle.
2 / 1

Orzhov, Guild of money and prayer Salitus, Guild of truth and lies.
Salitus takes the totalitarian from white and the insanity/sadism from black. THE UTTER MADNESS /insert maniacal laugh here\. In Ravnica, L.O.C.K.D.O.W.N.s of districts can frequently happen causing controlled chaos. Creatures People are never knowing what could happen, if this time they'll just gass the city. They also hold thecities drug trades, which are majorly used in their own lockdowns! Basically they make everyone scares then make everyone high. They are needed to cause the levels of fear, acting as shields for the Dimir sightings and making sure the citizens cannot tell reality from fantasy. Over time they themselves became fantasy, but oh so real.

Salitus Trafficker | 
Creature - Illusion Advisor (?)
Lockdown  (During your upkeep, you may pay . If you do, target creature is in lockdown. Tap it.)
: Target tapped creature gets a Surreal counter. Creatures with Surreal counters get +0/+3 and defender. If that creature is in Lockdown, it gets -2/-2 and defender  instead.
Buddy, this can all disappear...
1/1

Salitus Guildmage | ()()
Creature - Illusion Wizard
: Lockdown target creature.
: Target locked down creature gets -0/-1.
2/2

Never really understood the flavor behind transmute in Dimir. It makes lots of sense in CKY's set. Not in Dimir.

Guild Name: House Rimid
Guild Colors:
Guild Mechanic: Lobotomize

Mindslayer -
Creature - Human Assassin
Deathtouch
"You think too much."
3/1

Probably Haunt, since it is the only one that doesn't really do anything on its own.

Guild Name: Lorus
Guild Colors: ()
Guild Mechanic: Geist

The Lorus are responsible for keeping the spirits of Ravinca's dead in check. As such, much of Ravnica's living citizens often swarm to them and their churches to pray for their deceased loved ones. While the Lorus show compassion to these people and regarded them as a part of them, they toyed with their emotions, drowning them in depression and despair before feeding them with false hope and honeyed words. With this process, they gained themselves a huge community of devotees throughout Ravnica. Their control over spirits too meant that they have control over an army of spectre warriors potentially as vast as Ravnica.

(Yea, still kinda like the Orzhov.)

Lorus Zealot -
Creature - Human Cleric
Geist (When this creature dies, put a creature token that is a copy of it without its abilities onto the battlefield. That creature token becomes a spirit in addition to its other creature types.)
, Sacrifice ~: Target player loses 2 life and you gain 2 life. 
2/2

Redesigning the Orzhov
Berenov

Mechanic:Half-life(Whenever this creature would be destroyed, return it to the battlefield as a 1/1. It does not lose its abilities)
Mechanic Explanation
Half-life represents the transformation from normal healthy human to eternally crippled monster. Another big theme is giving half-life to other creatures, therefore passing on the infection.

Flavour
The Berenov  are responsible for Ravnica's hospitals and medicines. They are just supposed to treat people who are sick, but now they do very different things...

Their new leader, Juren, has followed a path of keeping Ravnica alive, but at any cost. People are forced to live in eternal pain. The hospitals, previously a place of refuge for the sick, are now to be avoided at all costs. After all, the 'patients' are doomed to an eternal halflife, being  forever infecting others

The Berenov are white because they actually genuinely believe that what they are doing is the best for people

Undesirable Patient
Creature-Human
Whenever a creature with Half-life enters the battlefield, target creature gains Half-life
Half-life
2/2

Me and MP666 will now Judge you and seperate you into two teams. Let the games begin (or something like that).
Numbers
Sebanovich - vlord: 8/10
Morgothra - vlord: 8/10
febb - vlord: 6/10
Echo Robin - vlord: 9/10
Unfortunately - vlord: 7/10
Glasir - vlord: 8/10
BiggBaddBill - vlord: 5/10
altimis - vlord: 8/10
Aviv - vlord: 4/10
13th - vlord: 8/10
CaU - vlord: 10/10
eddned - vlord: 7/10

Comments
@In General: The Guild names weren't great this round. . If I said your name was good, it was. Otherwise, sorry, it wasn't.

@Sebanovich:
Sismic is alot like Simic, except maybe Simic have more let's experiment on people and Sismic more let's experiment on the land. It's a cool subtle change.
Ecomutate is very good; very blue (less green), but still nice design. I like how the inherent features of lands stops it from being broken because the only ways which it would be broken would be with broken lands. I could see this developing nicely as a Guild mechanic. Good stuff.

@Morgothra:
That's an interesting way to take Azorius; I love the Guild idea and fits perfectly with . Sway reflects nicely the choosing the best people based on merit ideology.
Sway is a bit out there. I actually really like it but feel the execution isn't the neatest. There also isn't alot to do with the mechanic besides... well, steal stuff but I guess there could be cards that interact with it.

@febb:
Attal is probably one of the least offensive names submitted.  I assume your keeping the traditional Gruul identity...?
Yep. Looks like it. (I just answered my own question; don't worry.) Ambush is a nice mechanic and feels very Gruul. Your wording isn't 100% - Do you need the reveal clause? You do need to confine it to Declare Attackers step to stop both unblockability and uncounterability and so it can be attacking. Also Ambush for , in the kind of strategies you run this in, why would you ever NOT ambush this into play?

@Echo Robin:
Another re-jig of Gruul. Nice.
Primal is cool. By cool, I mean awesome. I like the flavour implications and how it plays. The card you gave might be too good with things like Simian Spirit Guide, but that's minor. A great submission.

@Unfortunately:
Thanas is a nice name. The Guild blurb you gave is excellent; very .
Vanish is a bit off-colour and not very exciting. The card is pretty cool though, Is with a creature required a cost enough for repeatedly destroying your opponent's creatures? Probably just. The flavour text is great.

@Glasir:
A nice vision for Boros, if a little samey.
Convert is cool, the name sounds more . Maybe Recruit? The mechanic is a great make you think about how to use it, I'm a fan of those. Fling or untap and swing?

@BiggBaddBill:
Vorkan is a nice idea. Doctors that kill people... Scary.
So you got Deathtouch, got Lifelink and smashed them together? Ouch.

@altimis:
No new guild but a kickass mechanic? I can live with that.
I like it, it's a cool LtB mechanic but flavourfully, is there a reason why it's not dies rather than leaves? It does enable some cool combos though, so maybe...

@Aviv:
Salitus, the blurb is a bit wacky - reminds of Batman Begins. Which was cool.
What! What even is Lockdown? Is it that the creature is permanently tapped or what? Surreal counters? What? Define your mechanics. I'll extrapolate what I think your ideas were to give you a grade.

@13th:
Rimid sounds familiar...
Lobotomize is cool. More Dimir than Transmute. I like how it's kind of like a drawback, but not. Good job.

@CaU:
Lorus strikes me as a good name. The blurb is good.
Geist is a mechanic I can get behind. That's cool. By cool, I mean awesome. Oh... Deja vu.

@eddned:
Berenov, sounds slightly Italian. Maybe? The flavour is cool, they want eternal life for everyone. They're not vampires are they?
Your card is cool, I like how the mechanics show the spread of the disease. Apart from it's memory issues, the mechanic is good. It's a good thing you used 'destroyed' rather than sacrificed otherwise that might get insane. By insane, I mean insanely awesome.
Grades

Sebanovich

Sebanovich:
Despite the name of his new Guild, I do like this mechanic. Actually the mechanic has a great name. "Ecomutate?" Awesome. And it is a pretty cool function. Reminds me of Moonfolk. I can see it being just a little bit limited: Extra mana and landfall and I guess doing man-land shenanigans, but most of the Ravnican abilities are limited. All in all, I think it is really creative and I would love to see this in a future set: 9/10

Morgothra

Morgothra:
Sway is brilliant - but it has a problem of being a little too complex - and again a little limited. I'd like it if the auras could have other similar effects as well, but that would only make it more complex. The card itself is probably over the curve to a point that makes me uncomfortable. It's Merfolk Looter with White in there and a whole other ability. 8/10

Febbstalicious42

Febbstalicious42:
Another one that I think is well crafted. Am I being too positive about these? I'm sure I'll find a couple that I don't like. I like anything that is uncounterable with out coming right out and saying "this spell cannot be countered." I think this could get wacky with Ritual stuff, but only if Simian Spirit Guide is reprinted. Anyway, this could be like tier 2 modern strategy. I guess I feel as though that is a good thing. I like Tier 2. 8/10

Echo_Robin

Echo_Robin:
Ha ha. Sorry. This one is good too. I love the idea of creatures that are specifically attracted to Druids . It actually makes a lot of sense. Making cards like this must be done carefully though. The limited environment could suffer if we printed overcosted creatures with undercosted Primal abilities. Ex: 10 mana 6/6 primal cost 2. But I think that any skilled designer should be able to avoid this. I like the card a lot. Better than Delver. I'm not an Aggro player, but this actually incorporates my Combo playstyle into it. 10/10

Unfortunately

Unfortunately:
I like the philosophy of this Guild, very White and Black - unfortunately the keyword is just a little uncreative. Keywording an effect seen on dozens of cards already should not be a set mechanic. If anything, it might be turned into an Evergreen - but with reminder text it would probably serve little to no purpose. The card is very strange. I think you missed something. What does it enchant? The creature it destroys? I can see this Guild being a source of great pleasure, even though White and Black are my least favorite colours. Anyway, 6/10.

Glasir

Glasir:
BiggBaddBill is incorrect that this isn't usable. Forcing players to really think about how they want to work around this is what I'm all about. I like it when players have to think. Haste would be pointless - and Untapping it would make it too strong. I feel like the card itself should have a tap symbol in there somewhere. I do like that the converts are only temporary - as if the Boros way of life becomes to difficult for them. Oh, and self-deprecation will get you nowhere. 7/10.

BiggBaddBill

BiggBaddBill:
I wish Haunt had been better. It had so much potential. So you made Deathtouch, and Player's only lifelink and combined them. . . I don't get why you called if lifetouch. . . I mean it is a combination of the two abilities above, but those two are almost opposite abilities. I don't know. I don't like it and I am having trouble articulating why. Probably because it is like double-unoriginal. 5/10.

Altimis

Altimis:
Ah, my Arch-Nemisis. Now I get to judge you! I actually am fond of your mechanic. I like the twist on Boros, here. Radiance was lame. But this Soldier is so into his duty, that even as he lays there dying, he still wants to get one last strike in. Besides, we've had too many EtB effects lately and not enough LtB. The flavor dissolves a little when used with something like Birthing Pod or Cloudshift , but I can still taste it. I suppose your minion's allegiance to you could be so strong and blind that he'll believe anything you tell him. Careful with strength of this. 8/10

Aviv

Aviv:
Complication issues here. And upkeep triggers. Lockdown + Surreal Counters? Salitus Trafficker is just beyond me. I'm not even going to analyze it. Salitus Guildmage is a little bit cleaner. In fact I actually like it. The only problem is that it actually changes the mechanic. To something less interesting, but more flavorful. Sigh. With out a clear definition of the mechanic it becomes more difficult to grade. 5/10.

13th_Horseman

13th_Horseman:
I agree with you here that transmute - as awesome as it is - isn't really Dimir. Lobotomize is much closer. A little odd that the card Lobotomy has a different effect - but I guess it is fine. Obvious flavor is obvious, but not bad. I think this could very realistically be a set mechanic someday. 8/10

ConfusedAsUsual

ConfusedAsUsual:
Well, looks like nobody liked Haunt. Or at least everyone wants to redo Orzhov. I like your Lorus a lot. Another very nice new Orzhov. Geist is pretty cool. In fact it is really cool. I'm impressed with this. I want huge Ghost Wurms and Ghost Dragons and Ghost Squirrels. This might be my favorite so far. 10/10.

Eddned

Eddned:
Um, well, this is kinda a lot like Confused's. Really good with Board wipes. Just keep wiping and attacking with little weenies. Also, your use of the term "Half-life" seems a little silly. The concept of half-life has nothing to do with your mechanic. Your card has some crazy memory issues. I dunno. It seems just like a slightly broken version of the one above it. 5/10.

Forgive the hyperlinks. I pretty much just copied and pasted this from the PM system, so it turned out a little weird.

139359831 wrote:
You need the reveal clause for activated abilities from hand unless you are discarding or exiling it as part of the cost.
As for what situation you wouldn't ambush, ambush requires an investment by risking an attacker. In order to fully utilize the effectiveness of Ambush on this card you need an early creature(not hard in constructed, but not something reliable in limited), AND that creature needs to attack, which means the opponent can likely trade if you are on the play, or come out ahead if you are on the draw. Also, if you do the math, this is marginally better than kruin striker for its ambush cost, but is actually WEAKER for its nonambush cost. Thus you are essentially forced to ambush if you want to maximize the effectiveness of the card, which relies on you already going all in.

As for your comment on Echo_Robin, clearly you don't understand what "too good" is. How in the world is a 3/2 with haste turn one too good, when it requires you to specifically have Simian Spirit Guide in hand. You realize that it puts you incredibly far behind and forces you to go all in to net an advantage right? Echo_Robin's card is perfectly balanced, and I think it is a bad indication of your critical analysis skills.
Real men hold shift. If everyone has their fingers in the pie, then someone is eating fingers.
Average Rankings:

CaU: 10/10 (Woo!)
Echo Robin: 9.5/10
Sebanovich: 8.5/10
Morgothra: 8/10
altimis: 8/10
13th: 8/10
Glasir: 7.5/10
Febb: 7/10
Unfortunately: 6.5/10
Eddned: 6/10
BiggBaddBill: 5/10
Aviv: 4.5/10
thanks guys.  I go to agree with you the flavor of he Simic is practically the same, but with lands instead of bodies.
worship the horn
You need the reveal clause for activated abilities from hand unless you are discarding or exiling it as part of the cost.

Could you give me an example? Ninjutsu doesn't work that way.

As for what situation you wouldn't ambush, ambush requires an investment by risking an attacker. In order to fully utilize the effectiveness of Ambush on this card you need an early creature(not hard in constructed, but not something reliable in limited), AND that creature needs to attack, which means the opponent can likely trade if you are on the play, or come out ahead if you are on the draw. Also, if you do the math, this is marginally better than kruin striker for its ambush cost, but is actually WEAKER for its nonambush cost. Thus you are essentially forced to ambush if you want to maximize the effectiveness of the card, which relies on you already going all in.

In decks like Zoo, is an early attacker really all that difficult? The balance wasn't really a concern of mine, the mechanic Ambush, in the kind of decks that want to play it, Ambushing is no disadvantage at all. Sorry, but that's my honest opinion.

As for your comment on Echo_Robin, clearly you don't understand what "too good" is. How in the world is a 3/2 with haste turn one too good, when it requires you to specifically have Simian Spirit Guide in hand. You realize that it puts you incredibly far behind and forces you to go all in to net an advantage right?

Context is important: "The card you gave might be too good with things like Simian Spirit Guide, but that's minor. A great submission." - I wasn't really marking him down for it at all. Delver is of a similar body but his card replaces haste with flying and reveal instant/sorcery with mana from creatures. That was my thinking anyway. I am allowed to express my thoughts right?

Echo_Robin's card is perfectly balanced, and I think it is a bad indication of your critical analysis skills.

I never said it wasn't. Your more than welcome to disagree. You notice, that's why I asked someone to co-judge.

Thanks for your feedback.
Ninjitsu is a weird case because involvment with the hand is assumed with the cost. While technically the reveal clause isn't necessary, in all applications it is heavily favored, since you show that something is happening with the hand.

As for your thoughts, no you aren't allowed to express them. Only by the truth and by empyricism are we allowed to express our thoughts. As for Zoo, yes, for zoo it is very strong, but very rarely do we purposefully not give solid cards to archetypes. Balance is achieved through the context of the format, throught the hosers to specific cards that dominate the format. Also, I wasn't aware that you were going to grade entirely based on the mechanic, rather than balance, otherwise I wouldn't have entered the contest. And to be frank, I gave you a specific example of how Ambush can be a downside(most notably in Limited) and your comment completely dismisses that as a valid point to bring up. If you seriously want to learn to be a better judge of a card, you first have to analyze it in EVERY format, not just one specific deck in one specific format. If you really wanted to espouse how strong ambush is, then you should have been concern with my placing the Ambush cost at generic mana, rather than colored mana, effectively giving each color access to a trampler.

And delver is a bad comparison to Echo's card, since hate is a laregely irrelevent keyword, and delver's condition is much easier to manipulate. In fact, delver, without deck manipulation, often has around a 33% chance of flipping, and with deck manipulation it becomes guaranteed. This card requires the entire deck to be built for a specific purpose, whereas delver can turbocharge by just being in just about any deck.

As for your comment on Echo_Robin, clearly you don't understand what "too good" is. How in the world is a 3/2 with haste turn one too good, when it requires you to specifically have Simian Spirit Guide in hand. You realize that it puts you incredibly far behind and forces you to go all in to net an advantage right? Echo_Robin's card is perfectly balanced, and I think it is a bad indication of your critical analysis skills.

Vanilla 3/2 haste costs four (in red) a 3/2 for 3 off color, alternate casting cost for 1, is too good.
Why?
1) It's in green, very little people would expect it. It's a real ambush tactic which is almost always reserved for red.
2) Even if the alternate cost is rather strict, the fact that it's there dramatically improves the quality of the card. See Miracles for reference.
3) Turn 3 I cast Priest of Urabrask AND up to three of these (can be 11 points of power 9 of which can attack this turn)... you're right... definately not too good.
4) Turn 2 Iron Myr, Turn 3 two of these (regular casting one, alternate casting the other)
5) Turn 1 Birds of Paradise, Turn 2, one of these and another Birds and/or others... continue until opponent is dead...

Priest of Urabrask is repetitious, but increases this card's potency to no end. Birds of Paradise doesn't help either considering this would be a red/green deck. Even Chancellor of the Tangle could make an appearance in this deck (2+ birds on turn one, can be crippling with this card in hand)
Need I go on?
Official archnemesis of magicpablo666 Host of Reactionary Proud owner of "The Terrible Cube" The altimis Archive I'm baking lands!!! Beginner of GROMA
Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:
I carefully examine the walls of the room in a determined effort to not follow the GMs plot.
1) It's in green, very little people would expect it. It's a real ambush tactic which is almost always reserved for red.

1) It's in green, very little people would expect it.

very little people would expect it.

very little people

Never trust midgets. They always know more than they let on.

139359831 wrote:
1) The primal cost IS red, and requires red mana to be produced by a creature. And Beast Attack, Baloth Cage Trap, Beast Within, Chord of Calling, Dramatic Entrance, Elephant Ambush, Flash Foliage, Gilt-Leaf Ambush, Hunting Pack, Lure of Prey, Summoning Trap, and the list goes on. Also, Qasali Ambusher, Killer Instinct.

2) By your reasoning of the alternate cost, Blessings of Nature, Thunderous Wrath, Vanishment, Revenge of the Hunted, and Terminus. The point IS to increase the quality of the card, by making it subpar without playing it for the alternate cost. There are many(read: hundreds) of cards that make you jump through hoops for a vary strong benefit. Does that make them too good? No.

3) I wasn't aware that cards were op when you get the 4 perfect cards! I cast Priest of Urabrask into seething song x2 into comet storm. Obviously comet storm is op guys!

4) See above

5) T1 birds. T2 a 3/2 for haste. Obviously too good guys, especially when compared to any major zoo creatures.

Please, bring up points that are actually valid.
1) The primal cost IS red, and requires red mana to be produced by a creature. And Beast Attack, Baloth Cage Trap, Beast Within, Chord of Calling, Dramatic Entrance, Elephant Ambush, Flash Foliage, Gilt-Leaf Ambush, Hunting Pack, Lure of Prey, Summoning Trap, and the list goes on. Also, Qasali Ambusher, Killer Instinct.

2) By your reasoning of the alternate cost, Blessings of Nature, Thunderous Wrath, Vanishment, Revenge of the Hunted, and Terminus are all OMG SUPER OP WOTC NERF NAO. The point IS to increase the quality of the card, by making it subpar without playing it for the alternate cost. There are many(read: hundreds) of cards that make you jump through hoops for a vary strong benefit. Does that make them too good? No.

3) I wasn't aware that cards were op when you get the 4 perfect cards! Good deduction watson! I cast Priest of Urabrask into seething song x2 into comet storm. Obviously comet storm is op guys!

4) See above

5) T1 birds. T2 a 3/2 for haste. Obviously too good guys, especially when compared to any major zoo creatures.

Please, bring up points that are actually valid.

Primal cost = Red... card = green I can tell my colors apart just fine thank you. Also, the examples you gave are instants and/or have flash. That is very different than having haste.

It's not 4 perfect cards (I brought up three different scenarios using three different cards [Birds, Priest, and Myr] all in color)... you need a deck that's consistant. If you can't get those four cards out in two to three turns, then you're not playing it right. Besides, every card needs something else to work. How would Jace, the Mind Sculptor be broken if it weren't for other cards?

You contradicted yourself with the miracles there, I knew you would. Would you ever pay 6 to deal 5 damage to something? Not usually, but knowing you can potentially do it for one, greatly increases the value of the card. Lava Axe is an okay card, Thunderous Wrath is a similar but much better card... They do the same things, but one costs 5, and the other cost 6 with an alternate cost of 1. Strange, this pattern holds true for Vanishment too... something that can be done for 4, is now done at 5, with an alternate cost of 1. Again, the alternate cost one costs more. Terminus. A typical boardwipe in standard cost 4, Terminus cost 6 plus a alternate cost of 1.

Now, using that as a "valid point" how can you ask to 'lessen' the cost while including an alternate cost. That breaks the pattern.

As for the combo with Priest of Urabrask... If you have just those two cards... you have tons of options... you can go for an immediate beat down, or you can hold it until you can squeeze 6+ damage in one turn for 2 mana. Given that versatility this card is too good.

Finally, just grow up and accept what other people say. I had no idea this was your contest. I had no idea you were grading people. If you were the Original Poster and/or an accepted judge things would be different; but your not. You are a contestant, where two other more-than-qualified community participants are judging. If you dislike their judging, there are several proper things you can do:
1) Point something out that they missed. Politely.
2) Stop participating.

Why, people make mistakes. Sometimes they misread something, sometimes people don't reference thoroughly, sometimes people are really just bad judges. Always assuming the latter is demeaning, inappropriate, and it makes you look like a snob. If you act this way to judges, I can only imagince the hilarity of you getting pulled over by a police officer.
"No officer, I was actually going 77 miles, teh fact that you think I was going 80 shows that you are a completely terrible officer using lackluster equipment."
Now, if you wouldn't say that to a policer officer, you shouldn't say something similar to a judge.

In the future please note your place in a contest, and be polite to everyone, including the judges (considering they are judging you).
Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:
How is getting 3 copies of a card in your opening hand an example of typical deck consistency. Do you know the probability of that? By your reasoning every deck is bad since they can't get any 4 given cards by 3 turns.

Okay fine, assuming your flawed miracle comparisons are "correct" take into account other alternate costs. Snapback, Gush, Foil, Force of Will.

Next, I don't think you understand what "versatility" means. Priest doesn't mean that this card has more versatility, it means that the Priest has versatility. Does wild nacatl have versatility? What about Thundermaw Hellkite? The answer is no. The enabler cards have the versatility.

Next, I don't give a flying tahootie about any of the judges, or any other person on this forums. You participated in my contests before and you should know that.  The one thing that holds control over my judgment is not their misguided opinion, it is empyricism and mathematics, both of which say that the card is not overpowered, WHICH THE JUDGES AGREED TO AS WELL. My contention was with his noobish idea that the card was "too good". It is not. It is good yes, that much is undeniable, but it isn't "too good", even by the standards of sets 7 years ago.

And as a matter of fact, I do talk to officers like that. If somebody states something to be fact, and gets it wrong by an amount beyond an acceptable margin of error, then I WILL call them out on it.

As for my place in the contest, it is not to be a good little contestant who just watches things happen. Judges are far from infallable, especially one who clearly doesn't understand power level. If you have a problem dealing with how I act, then that's too bad. If you want me to be consistanet in my actions, I can find ways in which vlord screwed up other grades as well.
You don't need all those copies in your opening hand (when did I say that?), you need access to them by later turns. Three being the most prominent. In standard, about to cycle out, there is a good red deck that is very effecient at cycling through your deck asap. Red can do that these days.

The cards you bring up, are cards that haven't been in standard for a few years... unless I'm missing something. I'm not.

Math. 3 for a 3/2  haste is really good. 3 or 1 for a 3/2 haste is too good.

I don't care about you continually being rude to people, I care that you stop being rude to people. Thinking that you're all that is rather ridiculous. I could pounce on the fact that you misspelled consistent (consistanent) , and then claim how terrible you must be because you made a mistake. You know the whole, calling you out on it, but how would that make me look? Then you would just get angry rant some more, and probably insult me some more too. But that's silly, isn't it. I'm sure you're going to point out how silly it is that I am doing that too.

Obviously, I have no control over how you treat people, but I just predicted how this conversation is going to go. Please, go ahead, prove me wrong.
Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:
Altimis. You are wrong. let's get on with the contest and never look back : P 

XD LOL

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupry

[spoiler MLP]Congratulations, you've found My Lie Policy: Only when i'm prompted, i might lie. (policy still in the refinement process.) [/spoiler] [spoiler I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.]I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]

3 for a 3/2 hate is not "really good", that's not something I want to be doing in constructed. Yes, in limited it is good, but Boggart Ram-Gang says you can do even better as long as the card is an uncommon. What about Flinthoof Boar. It can easily be a 3/3 for 2 or a 3/3 with haste for 3. Or Goblin Guide who is a reliable 2/2 haste for 1, since he doesn't require any additional cards. How about Vexing Devil? Isn't a 4/3 for 1 overpowered? Isn't 4 damage to a player for 1 broken? The fact that it can't be either consistently makes it a balanced card.

I can't really see the alt cost breaking it either. Priest of Ubarask is a janky combo, you never really want to be playing that card in your deck. If you are a true luck monster you should be playing four Archive Trap in every deck.

Simian Spirit Guide is a decent interaction (Does that even count? It is a creature card rather than a creature.), since it can still be fast mana if you don't draw your dude. But then you are just crippling your deck by giving yourself card disadvantage (really bad if your opponent has counters or removal) and giving yourself inconsistant draws like opening hands with multiple Spirit Guides or opening hands with no Spirit Guides and multiple of this card. Do you know the odds of drawing a card that you have a playset of in your deck, they aren't particularly amazing. You're going to end up with a lot of messy hands.

BiggBaddBill

BiggBaddBill:
I wish Haunt had been better. It had so much potential. So you made Deathtouch, and Player's only lifelink and combined them. . . I don't get why you called if lifetouch. . . I mean it is a combination of the two abilities above, but those two are almost opposite abilities. I don't know. I don't like it and I am having trouble articulating why. Probably because it is like double-unoriginal. 5/10.

lol, wow, Thank you Simon Cowell. 

Autocarding
Please Please Please Autocard/// / / / [c]Protean Hydra[/c] => Protean Hydra / / / I can't read the cards you reference without it... / Well, ok, I CAN read the cards, but it involves opening Gatherer, looking your card up by name, hoping it's spelled right, and... I'm just too lazy to do it, alright? Please Autocard.