M13 draft 5!

588 posts / 0 new
Last post
Sweet!

I see three viable options.

I'll go with Serra Angel.
I really like Clone, but Serra Angel will win more.
Tolkein was a jerk. Seriously, what DM sends 9 Wraith Lords at a Lvl 2 party of Halflings. The only 'correct' way to play D&D is by whatever method is making the group you have at that session, have the most fun.
Serra Angel

Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do.

I've seen angels fall from blinding heights. But you yourself are nothing so divine. Just next in line.

191752181 wrote:
All I'm saying is, I don't really see how she goes around petrifying swords and boots and especially mirrors. How the heck does she beat a Panoptic Mirror? It makes no sense for artifacts either. Or enchantments, for that matter. "Well, you see, Jimmy cast this spell to flood the mountain, but then the gorgon just looked at the water really hard and it went away."
angel, hope the sunstriker comes back

120.6. Some effects replace card draws.
Come on guys, this is draft number 5 lets go for something a bit more exciting than a 4/4 flying, vigilent psuedo bomb.

I'm going for Searing Spear and therefore leaving my colour options more open but aiming for a mono red aggro deck.
Angel. It's deep white, but it gives a good base, and we can still go any other color. It's not a debacle like the Nocturnus two rounds ago.
The pick here is, in my opinion, quite clearly Serra Angel. The two other viable picks (Spear and Clone) have other strong cards in their colors here, so we are more likely to see someone else pick something out of our color down the line.

That said, Clone seems a lot more fun and I have yet to play with it (though I have played against it - my opponent won by cloning my Ravenous Rats, thus stripping me of the card that would allow me to win the game, which was an awesome skill play by him).
Preparing for the M14 Prerelease - New article up! IN THE TANK - my very own blog for rambling about Magic!
Angel. Taking it also pretty much cuts white.
I'm going with Searing Spear.
Angel for me.
Angel for me.

No! Angel is mine not yours.

Mafia Game Slots:

1. Open

2. Hundred Acres (Dead Town)

3. Open

4. Open

5. Open

6. Open

Angel for me.

No! Angel is mine not yours.

Good ol' Zokorad. Never a dull moment!
Angel please.
Yep, Serra Angel looks good here.
angel but i really dig clone.
My favorite Clone moment this set was in a home sealed, I cloned a Slumbering Dragon and sandbagged an Unsummon for after it woke up!

But then other times you're cloning stuff that's not quite as fun.

It is a good answer to the Legendary cycle.
Serra Angel.
Check out my cube!
Show
My sig was so awesome it broke Browsers, [url= http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29455423/For_some_reason...]I had to remove it.[/url] Support Magic Fiction! Or Bolas will eat you
57193048 wrote:
You should never explain layers to people unless one of the following is true: they're studying for a judge exam, you're both in a Ben Affleck movie and it's the only way to save the world, or you hate them.
56663526 wrote:
We try to maintain the illusion that Magic cards are written in English.
56333196 wrote:
69511863 wrote:
Hell, if they steal from us, we'd be honored.
oh my god, AWESOME! Then changing the Slivers was your idea! haha lol
56734518 wrote:
Occassionally when catering, I've been put the task of arranging Fruit and Cheese or Grilled Vegetable platters. More than once a high class buffet has started with the mark of Phyrexia upon it. Since i've got a good eye for color so it looks great to people who don't get the "joke" (it's a niceley divided circle after all: the outline gives you 4-6 "regions" to work with), this has actually got me put on platter design more often, resulting in Phyrexia's presence at more private and industry events.
I have 6917 Planeswalker points, that's probably more than you. [c=Hero's Resolve]"Destiny, chance, fate, fortune, mana screw; they're all just ways of claiming your successes without claiming your failures." Gerrard of the Weatherlight[/c]
Serra Angel
Sarah Angel.
I'd rather draft something more green than white, so I'll call Flinthoof Boar. I'm fine with losing on this one though.
D&D rules were never meant to exist without the presence of a DM. RAW is a lie.
The pick here is, in my opinion, quite clearly Serra Angel. The two other viable picks (Spear and Clone) have other strong cards in their colors here, so we are more likely to see someone else pick something out of our color down the line.

I think Boar is also perfectly justifiable as a first pick.  A hasty 3/3 for 2 is pretty amazing.

I think Boar is also perfectly justifiable as a first pick.  A hasty 3/3 for 2 is pretty amazing.

it's only hasty if it's for 3.

I would have to go with Clone.  I can Clone the Angel.  I can Clone any other good picks I get.  I can Clone any grave threats that My opponent plays.

It also has the inherent ability to remove Legendary creatures from the battlefield should any be drafted. It's more versatile in My opinion.

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg)

I would have to go with Clone.  I can Clone the Angel.  I can Clone any other good picks I get.  I can Clone any grave threats that My opponent plays.

It also has the inherent ability to remove Legendary creatures from the battlefield should any be drafted. It's more versatile in My opinion.

Sure, but Serra Angel is good every time you cast it.  With Clone, your best option may be a Wind Drake.  There have been times where I've had to do this.  Clone might have more high end potential, but I think Serra Angel is going to be better more often.
Lot of good options, may as well go for just cutting white, but Rings and Avens are great.

Pascifism
Tolkein was a jerk. Seriously, what DM sends 9 Wraith Lords at a Lvl 2 party of Halflings. The only 'correct' way to play D&D is by whatever method is making the group you have at that session, have the most fun.
For my mono-red beatdown deck - Searing Spear

For the community draft - Pacifism and a clear warning to stay out of red as we have now passed two spears.
I'd have to go with Pacifism as well.  Late or early game it works wonders.

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg)

Pacifism
If there hadnt been a searing spear in that last pack I'd say take the spear here.

I wouldn't feel really comfortable taking Arbor Elf after first picking a double white card, however green is probably the best color in the set, and I'm sure the guy to our right will shy away from green knowing he passed an elf and a prey upon.

Pacifism is also a fine option, and probably the safest pick.

With all the said I would take the elf. Green decks want as many of these as they can get, and it's just my gut feeling the guy to out right will keep shipping us green cards in this and the last pack.
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
Pacifism. This pack is really powerful.
Preparing for the M14 Prerelease - New article up! IN THE TANK - my very own blog for rambling about Magic!
ugh how do we pass arctic aven when we're already looking at white it doesn't make sense okay fine pacifism.

I want that Aven dang it.

"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)
Congratulations, they have activated your trap card!
For me it comes down to Pacifism or Arctic Aven. I would agree with whoever said that having passed a Searing Spear, it would not be good to take the second one. I wouldn't ever pick Arbor Elf this high unless the pack was total crap and this one clearly is not. Ultimately, I think we have to go with the Pacifism. Removal in white isn't very abundant and this is the best for the cost.
Yikes, that is a pack I guess. Pacifism for all the reasons that have been mentioned.
Yikes, that is a pack I guess. Pacifism for all the reasons that have been mentioned.

Mafia Game Slots:

1. Open

2. Hundred Acres (Dead Town)

3. Open

4. Open

5. Open

6. Open

Either way, we could be sending a signal that white is open. 

I'll go with the Aven.  Hopefully we can cut enough white that our receiver abandons it.

Then again, we may not even end up white.
ugh how do we pass arctic aven when we're already looking at white it doesn't make sense okay fine pacifism.

:c
Either way, we could be sending a signal that white is open. 

I'll go with the Aven.  Hopefully we can cut enough white that our receiver abandons it.

Then again, we may not even end up white.

aven sends a less strong signal because it requires commitment to two colors to really capitalize.

Pacifism