U/R Izzet fun~!

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
So, I just got the Izzet/Golgari Duel Deck, and decided to have some fun with the Izzet deck. I like where it's going, but it's far too inconsistent for my group of players. Could you guys help me out?
Note that I've obviously edited it quite a bit already, but it's not good enough yet.

What do you guys think? Decent start? Total shite? Please, help me out, here!
Needs more four-ofs. And focus.

Rules Advisor

The Basic rulebook, read it! A lot of basic questions are answered there!

How to autocard :
Type [c]Black Lotus[/c] to get Black Lotus.
Type [c=Black Lotus]The Overpowered One[/c] to get The Overpowered One.

Now i know this deck came with street spasm...why is it not in the deck? Good card.

My advice?

Either buy another duel deck or by an RtR box when it drops. That way you can have nasty things like Mizzium mortars, street spasms, cyclonic rift, Nivmagnus elemental, and nivix guildmage. Hypersonic dragon will also be good.

Also, there is a blue one drop that does what QS dagger does except its for creatures that can already deal indirect damage.

Also Im tempted to say the deck was better before you touched it.

Where's Galvanoth?

What happened to vaccumelt and call to heel? The deck didnt have any playsets but it have multiple spells that do all most the same thing. 

You need to figure out if you want the sorceries and instants to be your win condtions or if you want the creatures to be your killers with the other stuff as a way to keep the board clear. regardless get you like 3-4 good creatures that synergize with your plan get 3-4 of them and get playsets of your sorceries and instants.

The idea I had was to exploit Niv-mizzet's mechanic, as well as the other creatures and such I have that do similar things, to get and maintain card advantage, while consistently pinging my opponent. I mostly need help figuring out what sorts of sorceries and instants to load up on, since my focus is pretty much shattered on this one.

Thank in advance~! Possibly the fastest replies I've gotten on this forum.

Now i know this deck came with street spasm...why is it not in the deck? Good card.

My advice?

Either buy another duel deck or by an RtR box when it drops. That way you can have nasty things like Mizzium mortars, street spasms, cyclonic rift, Nivmagnus elemental, and nivix guildmage. Hypersonic dragon will also be good.

Also, there is a blue one drop that does what QS dagger does except its for creatures that can already deal indirect damage.

Where's Galvanoth?

What happened to vaccumelt and call to heel? The deck didnt have any playsets but it have multiple spells that do all most the same thing. 

You need to figure out if you want the sorceries and instants to be your win condtions or if you want the creatures to be your killers with the other stuff as a way to keep the board clear. regardless get you like 3-4 good creatures that synergize with your plan get 3-4 of them and get playsets of your sorceries and instants.

Main reason I cut Galvanoth and Street Spasm? They were only one-ofs. If I get some more in RtR packs, I'll toss Street Spasm back in, though I may drop Galvanoth back in anyway. I don't remember why I cut him.

Call to Heel and Vacuumelt were pulled out for Vaccumelt's CMC, fist off, and Call to Heel damages my card advantage. I can just use Unsummon or Vapor Snag, for pretty much the same effect.

As I said below, the main concept was to exploit Niv-Mizzet's abilities for card advantage and slow, steady damage. Any tips on how to fix the lack of success in that regard?
So... It begins.

EVERYONE TO THE UNDERGROUND BUNKER

SOUND THE ALARMS
I am White/Green
I am White/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I am both orderly and instinctive. I value community and group identity, defining myself by the social group I am a part of. At best, I'm selfless and strong-willed; at worst, I'm unoriginal and mindless.
So... It begins.

SOUND THE ALARMS

Huh? What'd I do?
Here are my suggestions:

4x Delver of Secrets
3x Gelectrode
3x Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind

4x Lightning Bolt
4x Brainstorm
3x Izzet Charm
3x Fire/Ice
4x Isochron Scepter
3x Electrolyze
3x Curiosity

Lands

4x Halimar Depths
Everything Else  

You can put your Fire/Ice and Izzet Charms on the Scepters for utility purposes. With Fire/Ice on the scepter, you can chose to cast either side with the scepter, but not both. You can also test Wee Dragonauts if you like; I've never gotten them to work for me.                    

Halimar Depths is to help you set up your plays. 

My advice?

Where's Galvanoth?

Main reason I cut Galvanoth and Street Spasm? They were only one-ofs. If I get some more in RtR packs, I'll toss Street Spasm back in, though I may drop Galvanoth back in anyway. I don't remember why I cut him.

Call to Heel and Vacuumelt were pulled out for Vaccumelt's CMC, fist off, and Call to Heel damages my card advantage. I can just use Unsummon or Vapor Snag, for pretty much the same effect.

As I said below, the main concept was to exploit Niv-Mizzet's abilities for card advantage and slow, steady damage. Any tips on how to fix the lack of success in that regard?

- Ok so you do have some removal spells, they should definitely have them in the deck. I thought you didn't have any thing.

But I can't really help you with that, other then telling you that there is a blue enchantment that is basically Niv's ability, that would allow him to draw 2 cards for every one damage.

So... It begins.

SOUND THE ALARMS

Huh? What'd I do?

First Izzet deck I've seen on here since RTR came crawling in.

Izzet decks kill everything. I haven't heard of any deck styles that could beat one.

I'll have you know that I have wi-fi in this underground bunker and the range is good XD
I am White/Green
I am White/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I am both orderly and instinctive. I value community and group identity, defining myself by the social group I am a part of. At best, I'm selfless and strong-willed; at worst, I'm unoriginal and mindless.