DotP 1v1 iPad Tournament #3

98 posts / 0 new
Last post
I appreciate that there is another iPad tournament running at the moment, but as there seems to appetite for it I thought we could try to squeeze in one more iPad tournament before the expansion goes live (using a different format).

Tournament Format

Double elimination (meaning everyone will get to play at least two matches).  

See challonge.com/dotpipad3

Rules

• To participate please respond to this thread with your Game Centre ID.

• A match consists of up to three games; the first player to win two games wins the match.

• For each match, a participant must choose (and stick with) one deck.

• Deck modification is not allowed between games.

• Participants are not required to provide a deck list.  

• Participants must use a different deck in each of their first four matches.  After four matches, participants may use a deck a second time should they wish to do so.

• At the end of each match, both participants should post (i) the match result and (ii) the decks played.

Participants

NAMEGAME CENTRE IDDECKS PLAYED
ThornbloomttswaynePI, OD, PK, CW, GG, AW
Odoniano Odoniano PI, OD, ED
ScorpiousScorpion DannyGG, OD, BoF, CW
NimNamsNimyLED, DP, BoF
KillakilledbkillabkilledbDP, OD, GG, CW
SquinterSquinterPK, DP, CW
Lawsy2003lawsy2003 pinoymtgOD, GG
ShinHitokiriShin HitokiriCL

I probably shouldn't (my main hobby is reading and I have looooooots of books that I should be reading and reviewing on my blog) but, wth? Count me in:

Odoniano (GC ID odoniano)
[edit] Sorry guys, need to back out of this one.
I'm in! My GCID is NimyL.
killakilledb
Sounds good!
GCID: Squinter
Given that it seems increasingly likely that the expansion will be out next Wednesday, I am going to cap this tournament at eight participants.

So we need two more people and then we can get started.

Challonge updated with the new smaller tournament size.
lawsy2003 pinoymtg
Shin Hitokiri
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
Those who break the rules are considered scum; but those who would betray and abandon even one of their friends, are worst than scum(Kakashi Hatake/Originally Obito Uchiha/Tobi).
I am in BeerGuyEd is my GCID.

Can someone that plays during the evening 7-10 PM EST please add me and send me an invite, so I can figure out how to work GC before this starts? 
Since the tournament cap is 8 and I'm already participating in the other iPad tournament, I withdraw from the list so that BeerGuyEd can play this tourney.
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Those who break the rules are considered scum; but those who would betray and abandon even one of their friends, are worst than scum(Kakashi Hatake/Originally Obito Uchiha/Tobi).
Not sure if it's too late but I wouldn't mind a shot.

Danny (GCID=Scorpion Danny)
If there is room I'll def play.  GCID Schwabadoobie
i'll participate if any spots are sill availible.

Game Center Name = Zerilos 
Thanks for your interest, everyone. 

@ShinHitokiri - you got the last spot as the 8th person to sign-up. 

@BeerGuyEd - I will make space for you in the next tournament if you have time to play (you did not show for the other iPad tournament due to work commitments I think) and have sorted out your GC issues.

@everyone else - I am planning to organise another tournament (probably for 16 people) once the expansion is live so keep an eye out for that towards the end of next week.

Notes for participants in this tournament:

• round one pairings (done via random shuffle) are now posted in Challonge (see OP)

• please PM your opponent (click their avatar) rather than posting in this thread to arrange a time to play

• try to play one match per day if at all possible

• in the event that the expansion is released before the end of the tournament, expansion decks will not be permitted

• good luck and have fun!

Also, for the purposes of connecting via GC, note the following:

Another option is to change the iPad notifications settings from banners to alerts. Banners go away immediately, while alerts pop up in the centre of the screen and aren't dismissed until you take action. Makes accepting invites WAAAAY easier.

UnSurreal has had to drop out.  

Danny, you are in playing Lawsy2003 in round one.
UnSurreal has had to drop out.  

Danny, you are in playing Lawsy2003 in round one.

I see how it is, just bypassing me because of what happened in the other tournament. Which started at a very bad time for me, which was over Labor Day weekend when I had family in town, and I had to play someone that is 15 hours difference in time zones.

I went last night and adjusted the Ipad settings to make it easier to accept invites. I have just never used GC before, and looks like it will be a while before I do. Thanks Shin for at least trying to give me your spot.
Squinter (PK) defeats Thornbloom (PI) 2-0.

GGs!
GG Thornbloom! 
Phew Game 1 was close haha. Got some lucky draws with Game 2
So do I have to announce what my first deck is going to be?
@Scorpious

No - I simply record the decks that have been played after the match for the purposes of the rules posted in the OP.
My GC ID is killabkilledb not killakilledb....first post is missing a "b"

Nim and I should be playing our match tomorrow....
@ killabkilledb: I think I have randomly played you before. 

I am still waiting on my opponents reply to set up the match. 
Your name looks familiar! Are you a Farscape fan? I absolutely love that show!
Just played a match against Lawsy2003. I won the first game, but right before I am going to win the second game it says host is being migrated and he was replaced by AI. I don't know if he quit or not but he is making it seem like I quit. I have screenshots for both games. I was about to win the round he was disconnected. What is the ruling? I win the match, right?

What happened why did you quit the 2nd game?

What happened why did you quit the 2nd game?

I did not quit. Why would I quit on the turn I am going to win the match?

I have a screen shot, but don't know how to paste it here.

Just played a match against Lawsy2003. I won the first game, but right before I am going to win the second game it says host is being migrated and he was replaced by AI. I don't know if he quit or not but he is making it seem like I quit. I have screenshots for both games. I was about to win the round he was disconnected. What is the ruling? I win the match, right?

I did not leave. It says game syncing on my end and then you were replaced by an AI. You were ahead on life second game but that is obvious with goblins vs OD.
I don't know the ruling but if you badly need the win and don't want to repeat 2nd game that's fine by me, I'm just happy to play.

I did not leave. It says game syncing on my end and then you were replaced by an AI. You were ahead on life second game but that is obvious with goblins vs OD.
I don't know the ruling but if you badly need the win and don't want to repeat 2nd game that's fine by me, I'm just happy to play.

I just want to be fair. If the OP says we replay the second game, then we will. I like playing too. But if we are playing to compete, we follow the rules and the decision of the judge.
If it's not too late, I would like to get in:

psmoore 

I just want to be fair. If the OP says we replay the second game, then we will. I like playing too. But if we are playing to compete, we follow the rules and the decision of the judge.

Agree.
Killabkilledb (dream puppets) defeats Nimnams (exalted Darness) 2-0

gg Nims. I knew you drew the worship game two with the tutor so I was going to have to keep two mana open for the whole game to counter it but en I drew an into the roil the next turn and didn't have to worry about it.

Game 2: two earlyphantasm as and a sword making rm 5/5 gave me the edge along with twcoins terms and an into the royal.

Game 1:early Hedron crab and phantasm and bounce spells to stall him and protect my creatures allowed me to have the edge. I think he was stuck at 4 mana too though I was at 5 for a bit myself....

GG, I'm lucky you didn't go aggro on me. Your avatar almost made me switch last minute......You chose a good control deck but I think my modified blue is the better of the control decks and has the advantage against them. 
Good games, man! That second game, you just steamrolled over me. I can never get the Jace deck to run that consistently. Kudos!
Good games, man! That second game, you just steamrolled over me. I can never get the Jace deck to run that consistently. Kudos!

Have you tried my control build? Its posted in the DP thread and I just bumped the listing. Works great as long as I am not playing goblins.....and a good PK deck and aggro life deck are very beatable but pretty formidable. PK's lack of haste creatures allows you the time you need to combat them but if you stall/don't get a good draw you will likely get beat....though  I think its favored against Talrand/Liliana and every other deck....
FYI:  I have exchanged PMs with Odoniano and we will play our match for this tourney tomorrow right after the match in Tourney #2 as we are paired against each other in both at this time and he is not available until then. I apologize for the delay in getting the match done.
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
FYI:  I have exchanged PMs with Odoniano and we will play our match for this tourney tomorrow right after the match in Tourney #2 as we are paired against each other in both at this time and he is not available until then. I apologize for the delay in getting the match done.

It's my fault. Some friends and I have a podcast and we had already scheduled today to record a new episode. So tonight I'll spend all my free time recording but tomorrow I'll be free to play. Sorry Shin and everyone else.

Challonge updated with results.

@Scorpious and Lawsy - please re-play the second game.  Unfortunately the servers can be unstable sometimes.  Thanks for your co-operation.

@Psmoore - we are full now.  I will organise another one soon.  Keep an eye out for sign-ups towards the end of next week.
Lawsy and I replayed our 2nd game and played a 3rd.  I won 2-1.

I played GG and he played OD. 

I confirm the results GG and good luck on your next match scorpius.

I confirm the results GG and good luck on your next match scorpius.

Thank you Lawsy, and good luck to you too.
Thornbloom I sent you a friend request for our next match. I can play for the most part of the day.
Sign In to post comments