Preview - September: In the Works

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Preview 
September: In the Works
By Bart Carroll

This month, we look ahead at what's taking place and what relates to future products such as Elmintser Enraged, D&D Lair Assault: Kill the Wizard, Eye of Justice Dungeon Command: Tyranny of Goblins, Dungeon Tiles: Castle Grimstead, Dungeon! Board Game, Ed Greenwood Presents Elminster's Forgotten Realms and Dungeon Command: Curse of Undeath. 

Talk about this preview here.
Article Header Image
Have to say, I really like the way Dungeon Command is integrating with the board games.

I might have to look more deeply into the former.  It looks like fun.
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.
all im buying is the tile set
all im buying is the tile set

You got me beat. There is nothing on the product calendar for the rest of the year that interests me. I hold out some hope for 2013, but not much.

There might be one person between all of the groups I'm in that will buy one of the map packs or tile sets, but otherwise... yeah, the product catalog might as well be blank for the rest of the year.
I realize the whole "first-world problems" perspective, but yeah it's a pretty bleak release schedule.
Are there officially no further products for 4e?
Not unless there are some surprises waiting in the 2013 schedule, but with the focus being on 5E, it's unlikely.

Close. Technically, there are no official products for 4e. This is not quite the same as there officially being no further products for 4e. Dangling modifiers, and all that.
Here are the PHB essentia, in my opinion:
  • Three Basic Rules (p 11)
  • Power Types and Usage (p 54)
  • Skills (p178-179)
  • Feats (p 192)
  • Rest and Recovery (p 263)
  • All of Chapter 9 [Combat] (p 264-295)
A player needs to read the sections for building his or her character -- race, class, powers, feats, equipment, etc. But those are PC-specific. The above list is for everyone, regardless of the race or class or build or concept they are playing.

Close. Technically, there are no official products for 4e. This is not quite the same as there officially being no further products for 4e. Dangling modifiers, and all that.

stop trying to make our heads explode seeker.
stop trying to make our heads explode seeker.

Here are the PHB essentia, in my opinion:
  • Three Basic Rules (p 11)
  • Power Types and Usage (p 54)
  • Skills (p178-179)
  • Feats (p 192)
  • Rest and Recovery (p 263)
  • All of Chapter 9 [Combat] (p 264-295)
A player needs to read the sections for building his or her character -- race, class, powers, feats, equipment, etc. But those are PC-specific. The above list is for everyone, regardless of the race or class or build or concept they are playing.
Sign In to post comments