So it's the 10th , where are the new decks?

121 posts / 0 new
Last post
Title says it all. Where are they? 
They need to put out the new decks and stop being freedom haters!

DLC is released on Tues/Wednesdays (Re: the 11th/12th). Today is Monday....

This thread is pointless.

If im not mistaken theres no offcil word that they were coming out only speculation.
I am Black/Green
I am Black/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I am both selfish and instinctive. I value growth and community, as long as they favour my own objectives; I enjoy nature, and I particularly enjoy watching parts of nature die. At best
i honestly cant understand why the silence on when the new decks are being released.  I havnt played 2013 in over a month a think, and out of the almost 20 ppl on my list who play DotP i have only the same 2 ppl play this game still.  Everyone else on my list stopped playing awhile ago too.
i honestly cant understand why the silence on when the new decks are being released. 

I agree.

Calling them "freedom haters" as the OP does, just seems odd though.

You're a lose cannon.

"I played 70 card decks before it was cool to play 70 card decks." -Random M:tG hipster

i honestly cant understand why the silence on when the new decks are being released. 

I agree.

Calling them "freedom haters" as the OP does, just seems odd though.

Never heard of a joke?

DLC is released on Tues/Wednesdays (Re: the 11th/12th). Today is Monday....

This thread is pointless.

Harsh but I agree. I would wait until tomorrow afternoon before I start worrying.
If you want to know if they will be released on a week check majornelson.com/. He has always posted the releases in the "Content coming soon to the Xbox LIVE Marketplace" posts. If you do not see it there it is not coming out that week.

IMAGE(https://www.mediafire.com/convkey/eb11/anyarpxhyntrzn86g.jpg)

Going by the major, nothing's due

As I recall, He didn't predict last year's expansion either...

Considering how hush Wizards has been about the whole deal, I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't put it on there either. If we're speaking reallistically here, the only thing that would be holding them back are bug fixes, I mean they won't be adding any new content, just allowing us to download files that unlock it.

Considering how hush Wizards has been about the whole deal, I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't put it on there either. If we're speaking reallistically here, the only thing that would be holding them back are bug fixes, I mean they won't be adding any new content, just allowing us to download files that unlock it.

Like last year, there will be more content downloaded. Unless the expansion is only like, 100KB.
But yeah, as I recall, people were surprised when it hit because no word was given anywhere that it was releaed. Someone posted on here and everyone went to check.
majornelson.com/2011/09/06/coming-soon-t...

He did list last years expansion, but not the deck packs I think. That was just over a week in advance too.
There is no date mention ppl been saying the spet 11th with no proof they all just  need to chill
that is correct that there is no official date but i still dont get what is taking so long especially considering there wont be ANY of the return to ravnica cards that will be released on october 5 so i really dont get whats taking so long
maybe they plan on releasing them later in nov

He does not "predict" anything. He works for Microsoft and he gets told what is going to be released. I do beileve he did not get the last xpacs card unlocks but he has posted about every other xpac and dlc release.

If you want to know if they will be released on a week check majornelson.com/. He has always posted the releases in the "Content coming soon to the Xbox LIVE Marketplace" posts. If you do not see it there it is not coming out that week.

tell me about it i called wizard and now there going by pax prime this fall i say we riot they give two differnt seasons i think they should at least give us a round about release date
Eiter this wendsday or the next. If it is any other date they are breaking their normal release habits.
I am White/Black
I am White/Black
I'm both orderly and selfish. I act mostly for my own benefit, but I respect and help my community - Specially when it helps me. At best, I'm loyal and dedicated; at worst, I'm elitist and shrewd.
Perhaps some fiber is needed to keep their release habits more regular?

I know everyone’s very anxious for the upcoming Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 expansion. As you know, the initial Magic Arcana article on Daily MTG stated that it would be releasing “later this Summer,” and that plan hasn’t changed. I can’t tell you the official date yet, but look for an announcement in the Arcana on Daily MTG with more info on Friday!

Sean Gibbons

Associate Community Manager

Official MTG Twitter: @Wizards_Magic Official MTGO Twitter: @MagicOnline

I know everyone’s very anxious for the upcoming Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 expansion. As you know, the initial Magic Arcana article on Daily MTG stated that it would be releasing “later this Summer,” and that plan hasn’t changed. I can’t tell you the official date yet, but look for an announcement in the Arcana on Daily MTG with more info on Friday!

Obviously the plan changed, as summer ended a week ago.  

Uhh no it didnt. Summer officially ends september 21st. So if wizards_sean told us to look on friday for more info and it really is end of summer that means it should be releasing next week.

For me, late Summer is the end of February.

"People are like sausages: it's what's under the skin that's important... so poke them with a fork periodically."

"Lif is too short."

Hmmmm, not revealing the official release date without any news and updates doesn't make any sense... Paper MtG RtR previews are everywhere, everybody knows about the new decks already, can't think of any reason why are they so silent/secretive about the dlc release date. Hopefully they're adding last minute stuff like RtR cards and stuff, if not I'd be very bummed..

Uhh no it didnt. Summer officially ends september 21st. So if wizards_sean told us to look on friday for more info and it really is end of summer that means it should be releasing next week.

Yeah!
Announcement on Friday should mean a release next week.
Sounds reasonable.

Damn the system and its hypocrites! You quit your quest and venture into the slums of the Gruul Clans!
Damn the system and its hypocrites! You quit your quest and venture into the slums of the Gruul Clans!
Take THE QUEST FOR RAVNICA today!

Good to know gives me time to get Microsoft points anyway.

Thank you for sharing what you can!

The 2012 September equinox comes on September 22, at 9:49 a.m. CDT (14:49 Universal Time).

earthsky.org/?p=26181

The 2012 September equinox comes on September 22, at 9:49 a.m. CDT (14:49 Universal Time).

earthsky.org/?p=26181

Meh, in New Zealand we just go:
Summer = December, January, February
Autumn = March, April, May
Winter = June, July, August
Spring = September, October, November

(We don't call 'Autumn' 'Fall' because we like 6 letters in each of our seasons.)

"People are like sausages: it's what's under the skin that's important... so poke them with a fork periodically."

"Lif is too short."

Yeah I figured you were southern hemisphere.  I just saw you and the person you quoted talking about what wizards was calling end of summer and thought I would kill two birds with one one.  
It's such a great difference to have Wizards_Sean with us. A lot of things happened with his post. We know we're being listened to, the whole "we know they know we know" thing about our concerns and doubts on the release silence, and we got a very precise estimation. The expansion is coming out next week. 

On their radio silence for DotP releases vs. paper MtG ones, I would really like to know what's the big idea behind it. It's not like it would hurt their sales if we knew the decks (which we do know, thanks to their non-ninja data hiding skills), it's not like some extra hype or anticipation caused by an official statement with precise dates on it would do them any harm either.

Is it plain laziness? Maybe they're freedom-lovers (their own freedom, that is) and want to have as much room to work as possible. The hard part to believe this for me, is that the rest of the MtG universe is so well planned ahead, yet DotP seems to be managed completely different and on the go. 

Oh well. Things will streamline eventually. 
Unfortunately its all the same to me, won't be able to play it till christmas at the earliest. Only reason Im looking forward to the release is in hopes that the data for the 2nd dlc will be included in the download, can't wait to find out what the next batch of decks will be.
I'm glad they are at least releasing while I still have interest in the game.  I was aching for Skyrim Dawngaurd so long that I didn't care enough to buy it when it finally game out.  
Hooray, finally! It was starting to really become hard to find a game. Plus, I'm really looking forward to playing grinning malice Laughing
My only problem is if it doesnt get released this week it will be too late since so many AAA games are coming starting with Borderlands 2 next week and nobody will really be paying too much attention to DLC. If it had been released this week at least they would have gotten a head start before the busy gaming season begins. Ill be getting this no matter what, it just might not be anytime soon since Ill be busy with other things.
hatin freedom is not cool bro!! not cool!! what would toby keith think?
if it doesnt get released this week it will be too late since so many AAA games are coming starting with Borderlands 2 next week

Hah, expansion one has already lost my sale to Borderlands 2. Same as last year, they're just waiting far too long to release their DLC. I only have so much money. Can't wait to wreck some skags.

I imagine they'd see a lot more DLC success if they launched 2 to 4 weeks sooner. Or at the very least, not alongside the GOTYAY. (Game of the year, all years)
Close your eyes. Fly away. In the land where dreams, all are true. IMAGE(http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb374/distilledpoizn/StupidJefferson.jpg)
comparing how they talk about paper releases to dlc releases are two diffrent things. Wizard for the most part controls when and how the paper game will be released. I bet they knew the release dates and events months and months ago. Whereas with the DLC they are controled mainly by if and how Microsoft releases updates and DLCs. Microsoft puts up a lot of walls for the updates and DLCs it allows games to have. It may take times for Microsoft to allow the DLC to be released and so this leave Wizard without a date to talk about.

Wizard for the most part controls when and how the paper game will be released.

I'm pretty sure it's more than "for the most part."

Whereas with the DLC they are controled mainly by if and how Microsoft releases updates and DLCs.

I'm pretty sure Microsoft doesn't control the release dates for a game that spans four platforms. wtf?
Close your eyes. Fly away. In the land where dreams, all are true. IMAGE(http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb374/distilledpoizn/StupidJefferson.jpg)
Wizard for the most part controls when and how the paper game will be released.

I'm pretty sure it's more than "for the most part."
Whereas with the DLC they are controled mainly by if and how Microsoft releases updates and DLCs.

I'm pretty sure Microsoft doesn't control the release dates for a game that spans four platforms. wtf?

Keep this on the down low as well microsoft do controll like everything didnt you hear microsoft is just a code name for Illuminati

Now if i dont delete this post in 2hours it means they saw it and have now taken me away to turn me into a ball of plasma.

I am Black/Green
I am Black/Green
I am both selfish and instinctive. I value growth and community, as long as they favour my own objectives; I enjoy nature, and I particularly enjoy watching parts of nature die. At best
Sign In to post comments