B/R Goblin Pain-Discard

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
All of the cards herein are pairs/doubles unless noted.  Mind you, I might have to buy some of these cards.  The heart of this deck is deck is a vintage/legacy deck including a pair of Reckless Ones and bringing the total number of cards in it to sixty-two.

Total: 60
Lands: 24
16 Swamp
8 Mountain

Creatures: 18
2 Boggart Harbinger
2 Goblin Arsonist
2 Guttersnipe
Knucklebone Witch
Krenko, Mob Boss
Mad Auntie
Squeaking Pie Grubfellows
Tormented Soul
Wort, Boggart Auntie

Enchantments: 4
Liliana's Caress
Megrim

Other spells: 14
Blightning
Distress
Electrickery
Krenko's Command
Mind Rot
Murder
Skull Rend

Sideboard: 15
Annihilating Fire
1 Blood Artist
Blood Reckoning
Drainpipe Vermin
Goblin Battle Jester
2 Mudbutton Torchrunner
Ravenous Rats
2 Tormrnted Soul

Bonus cards
2 Akroma's Memorial
2 Mogg War Marshal
Changes by currency
3. +2 Mudbutton Torchrunner for -2 Goblin Arsonist in sideboard
Additions
Main deck
+2 Electrickery
+2 Guttersnipe
+2 Skull Rend

Sideboard
2 Annihilating Flame
1 Blood Artist (from mian)
2 Blood Reckoning
2 Goblen Arsonist
2 Goblin Battle Jester (from mian)
2 Drainpipe Vermin
2 Ravenous Rats (from mian)
2 Tormrnted Soul
Subtractions
-2 [/c]Chandra's Fury[/c]
-2 Liliana of the Dark Realms
-2 Wit's End
Additions
+2 Blightning
+1 Blood Artist
+2 Distress
+2 Goblin Arsonist
+2 Goblin Battle Jester
+2 Krenko, Mob Boss
+2 Krenko's Command

• How many swamps shound I switch for mountains?

• With five being the highest converted mana cost in this deck, can I afford to remove two swamps for the war marshals?  If not, which upper-curve creature, other than Krenko or Wort, do you recommend me replacing with the war marshals?

• Should I add any Skull Rends and/or Drainpipe Vermins to increase the discard base?

• Should Annihilating fire be in the main over Electricery?

• Other thoughts are welcome.

So I see you have 18 creatures.  How many of each do you have, to form that 18?  2 of each?  4 Tormented Souls?  How many of each Enchantment do you have, and how many of each card in your Sideboard?
There are only two of each card that's not a basic land, save Blood Artist, of course.

I just made wholesale changes to the deck, including--but not limited to--adding  Blood Artist and the arsonist and removing  Blackcleave Goblin.
Added two Mogg War Marshals as bonus cards for future inclusion in the main deck.
any thought on BOB for card advantage? The deck looks a little shakey with 2 ofs on everything
BOB?  I use two-ofs so I can split a playset of a rare or mythic between two decks if need be.  For example, the Akroma's Memorials I added are part of the playset I ordered from TCGplayer, the other two of which are in a red/green Elf deck.
Sign In to post comments