Where are the 2e reprints?

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
We've got reprints of 1e and there are reprints of 3.5e coming out in a couple of weeks. Why did they skip 2e? I would pay a hefty sum of money to get a reprint of the core 2e books. My copies have been used so much they're held together with nothing more than hope and willpower.

Give us 2e reprints! I will give you my money!
As would I! Did you see there was a topic about this like two posts down?

I also have a wallet too heavy with coin.
I have asked WotC folks at Gen Con about this, and the most frequent response was "I would love it, but it's not in the works." BOO. I sent messages to a few about this subject that were ignored. 

Give us the 2E reprint! I have money I want to give you for this!  

Just roll some dice.

RADIO FREE BORDERLANDS:

Explore the new D&D podcast that is a celebration of all eras of the game! Discussing the loves, challenges, topics, ideas, and news of this great hobby in both a contemporary and historical view.

http://radiofreeborderlands.libsyn.com/

Me too! I prefer it to 3rd, tbh. Maybe if enough people reply, they'll consider it worthwhile... ;)

Actually, what I think would be cool is a remake of 2nd edition, with the same basic mechanic, but some refinements: the new classes - barbarian, sorcerer, monk etc integrated into it (suitably balanced in line with the existing 2ed classes - so that the monk isn't insanely overpowered), the weapons/armour list trimmed down a little (and made a bit more believable/historically accurate), and with some of 3rd edition's feats available to spend proficiency points on in lieu of extra weapon slots (weapon finesse, expertise, power attack, some metamagic feats etc).

I would pay such good money for something like that!
Everything expressed in this post is my opinion, and should be taken as such. I can not declare myself to be the supreme authority on all matters...even though I am right!
I would buy 2e reprints. Especially if the format was cleaned up a bit, and there was some setting material from things like Dark Sun, Ravenloft, and Spelljammer at the back. The settings were the best thing about 2e.
My Twitter
Had a chat with my FLGS owner today. The 2E core rules are very rare around here, and people still ask for them. I haven't seen any there in over a decade, in fact.

WOTC, they WILL SELL!

I am planning on eventually getting the 1E & 3.5 reprints, but I would gladly snap up 2E special edition reprints if they are made before these two.      

Just roll some dice.

RADIO FREE BORDERLANDS:

Explore the new D&D podcast that is a celebration of all eras of the game! Discussing the loves, challenges, topics, ideas, and news of this great hobby in both a contemporary and historical view.

http://radiofreeborderlands.libsyn.com/

*Ways cash around like he's in a strip joint!

Price is no object, get those books to the printers!  

"Edition wars like all debates exist because people like debates"

http://www.gamersdungeon.net/

Sign In to post comments