[Post Rotation] The Blue Mage Will Survive

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
I may continue tweaking this beast.  I hope I can support it with the continued spoilers.

4 Evolving Wilds
4 Sulfur Falls
4 Steam Vents
4 Drowned Catacomb
2 Desolate Lighthouse
2 Island
2 Swamp
2 Mountain

3 Faithless Looting
4 Pillar of Flame

1 Memory's Journey
1 Think Twice

4 Chromatic Lantern
4 Forbidden Alchemy
1 Runic Repetition
1 Tribute to Hunger

3 Mystic Retrieval
1 Sever the Bloodline

4 Arcane Melee

4 Temporal Mastery

2 Blasphemous Act

3 Bonfire of the Damned

SB
4 Syncopate
3 Tragic Slip
2 Tribute to Hunger
2 Appetite for Brains
1 Sever the Bloodline
1 Runic Repitition
1 Ancient Grudge
1 Increasing Confusion

Slave of Tibalt. Currently trading for foils of my bro. PM me. Tarmogoyf on Twitter. Follow me. Team GFG Guns, Fame, Glory Those that require a sig for the ego simply haven't had enough kind words thrown his or her way. Currently looking for prerelease Plains! People who have mailed me rares:
Show
Malpheas: THANK YOU FOR THE FOIL TIBALT, YOU BEAUTIFUL GUY, YOU! Suudsu2200: Armageddon! Sèance, Dominating Licid, Words of War, Gaea's Anthem, Momentous Fall, Nyxathid PM me to make it happen. Your username will end up here, as the cards you sent me. I reserve the right to order your usernames by the cards I liked the best. Oh, and if you send me some Islands in the package, I'll sign them and mail them back.
How much does Melee actually do here?
Photobucket
Everything
Slave of Tibalt. Currently trading for foils of my bro. PM me. Tarmogoyf on Twitter. Follow me. Team GFG Guns, Fame, Glory Those that require a sig for the ego simply haven't had enough kind words thrown his or her way. Currently looking for prerelease Plains! People who have mailed me rares:
Show
Malpheas: THANK YOU FOR THE FOIL TIBALT, YOU BEAUTIFUL GUY, YOU! Suudsu2200: Armageddon! Sèance, Dominating Licid, Words of War, Gaea's Anthem, Momentous Fall, Nyxathid PM me to make it happen. Your username will end up here, as the cards you sent me. I reserve the right to order your usernames by the cards I liked the best. Oh, and if you send me some Islands in the package, I'll sign them and mail them back.
My luls, you have them all. And here I've been all proud of myself for my "do nothing" Mindshrieker designs- I woke up, looked at the forum and found a deck that does less than nothing. You sir, deserve a medal, and another if you manage to play Tibalt in this deck.
IMAGE(http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af108/acatan/sigwynzermancopy.png) Signature by IMAGE(http://www.poke-amph.com/heartgoldsoulsilver/sprites/258.png)
Have you considered running Tibalt?

3,000th post: September 5, 2010 4,000th post: March 24, 2012 Winner of the YMTC Ravnica War of the Guilds contest as guild Dimir.

Snapcaster Mage is the best card of all time. How do you deal?

Have you considered running Tibalt?

Does the pope **** in the woods? (Yes, yes he does).
Does this deck even do anything?

I don't believe so. But I do find the idea pretty funny. Could consider adding Nicol Bolas as a 1-of. So when someone asks if you have any way to win, you can just be like yea just got one
Looks like he has win cons in there. Bonus points for grinding out a game 1 win against whiny bitches with 45 seconds remaining.
The infinite turns interaction seems very slow. Win-cons in this deck should probably come in the form of lands, either Bloodhall or Drownyard. Still looks too slow to compete, especially if you don't draw into Bonfire.

Team PMP - Practice Makes Perfect

Team GFG - Good F***ing Game

Disclaimer: This member may or may not be associated with Team GFG in any other regard besides his admiration of its members.

Use faith in the absence of science, not in its stead.

All jokes aside, your win con is casting Pillar of Flame 10 times?

And btw i do see bonfire.
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
How many Bonfire of the Damneds in one game does it take in one game to drive your opponent insane? Runic Repetition + mystic retrieval + arcane melee(s) + Bonfire of the Damned = sad opponent.

"This list much made Niche barf a lil' in his mouth, so I can be proud of that." -rstnme

Splash white for Judge's Familiar.
The infinite turns interaction seems very slow. Win-cons in this deck should probably come in the form of lands, either Bloodhall or Drownyard. Still looks too slow to compete, especially if you don't draw into Bonfire.

Infinite turns? I must be missing something. Temporal Mastery gets exiled after it is cast, and it doesn't have flashback so you can't get it with Runic Repititon and it isn't in the grave for Mystic Retrival....Please enlighten me if i'm wrong, but I just don't see it.
Splash white for Judge's Familiar.

Why? You can play it as blue, too.
Infinite turns? I must be missing something. Temporal Mastery gets exiled after it is cast, and it doesn't have flashback so you can't get it with Runic Repititon and it isn't in the grave for Mystic Retrival....Please enlighten me if i'm wrong, but I just don't see it.

Ah, totally forgot about the exile clause. Ya, the more I look over this deck, the more dissapointed I am with it. Bonfire can't do it all. Then again, it could just be a troll deck from Mathias, as he laments the loss of Mana Leak and his beloved cantrips.

Team PMP - Practice Makes Perfect

Team GFG - Good F***ing Game

Disclaimer: This member may or may not be associated with Team GFG in any other regard besides his admiration of its members.

Use faith in the absence of science, not in its stead.

Ah, totally forgot about the exile clause. Ya, the more I look over this deck, the more dissapointed I am with it. Bonfire can't do it all. Then again, it could just be a troll deck from Mathias, as he laments the loss of Mana Leak and his beloved cantrips.

I've been trying to cheer him up with Xerox love, maybe the new instant-speed Mulch and Izzet/Azorius Charms will help.
Etiamnunc sto, etiamsi caelum ruat.