Healing word.

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
FOr some strange reason the Character Builder will not allow me to add Healing Word to my cleric. Level 1 Templar. It seems pretty lame that best healing class in the game cant even add their bread and butter healing spell. Or am I missing something? Please help!!!!!
I have done everything including recreating the character from scratch but nothing. It will not allow me to select healing word. Am I missing something that will allow me to have healing word? Because I only see two selections for cleric and neither of them will allow me to have it. It's not auto added to the character cause I have checked the character sheet many times. Thing is I was originally going to be a shaman but was like idk they only have like three healing powers at level One. Really two but the ability to heal three times. And then in digging I saw the cleric was similar but the heals seemed better. I am ready tojust say oh well and run the shaman. But I was thinking cleric may be better for the group. I can't even add it as a user edit power. I mean really wtf.
The builder should add Healing Word automatically (since there's no choice involved - clerics just have it), although you may need to fill in other selections (especially those related to class) first.
The builder should add Healing Word automatically (since there's no choice involved - clerics just have it), although you may need to fill in other selections (especially those related to class) first.

It doesnt add it. As I said above it is not automatically there.
Are you looking at the builder portion or the character sheet printout section? It will never appear in the former, but if you hit the "Character Sheet" button up the top right and page through it to the power cards, that's where it appears.

As N_D said, Healing Word is a class feature - you don't add it, you just get it automatically. It won't be listed under your selection of class powers in the powers section of the character builder since it's not a power you select as one of the choices for your AEDU powers. You get it in addition to those.
 If you look at the character sheet portion of the builder, Healing Word will show up as one of your powers.

Show

I am the Magic Man.

(Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.)

I am the Lawnmower Man.

(I AM GOD HERE!)

I am the Skull God.

(Koo Koo Ka Choo)

There are reasons they call me Mad...

yup check your character sheet it'll be in there, remember though that you don't get full use of it.
"Non nobis Domine Sed nomini tuo da gloriam" "I wish for death not because I want to die, but because I seek the war eternal"

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg)

I have done everything including recreating the character from scratch but nothing. It will not allow me to select healing word. Am I missing something that will allow me to have healing word? Because I only see two selections for cleric and neither of them will allow me to have it. It's not auto added to the character cause I have checked the character sheet many times. Thing is I was originally going to be a shaman but was like idk they only have like three healing powers at level One. Really two but the ability to heal three times. And then in digging I saw the cleric was similar but the heals seemed better. I am ready tojust say oh well and run the shaman. But I was thinking cleric may be better for the group. I can't even add it as a user edit power. I mean really wtf.

Take a deep breath, and repeat after me.

"I am not a Healbot"

"I am a Leader"

"I am allowed to do intereting things during my turn instead of babysitting my allies"

"My allies have a once per encounter self heal for a reason"

"I am not a Healbot"

That being said, of the Leaders, the Cleric IS the best healer, but that is not all he does.

As many others have said. Healing Word is a class feature. You do not select it at any time. When you are done picking your other powers, Healing Word should be automatically added to your character sheet. You are still limited in the number of times you can use it during an encounter, just like the Shaman is. Any power you use that will allow your allies to heal without using a Healing Surge will only be able to be used once per day.

In 4E, buffing your allies can be just as important as healing them, if not moreso.
Yes the cleric heals better than the shaman, but that doesn't make them better leaders than shamans.  It just means they normally heal better than shamans.   Shamans bring a ton more attack enabling than clerics for instance and clerics are normally not very good at that part of leading.

Healing word should be there automatically.  With the online character builder, the main thing to remember is that it automatically selects Healer's Lore for you unless you tell it that you want battle cleric's lore.  I think it might also autoselect divine fortune over favor of the gods as well, but I am not sure about that and it might autoselect turn undead, even though you have other choices for that slot.  Battle clerics lore is better than healers lore and favor of the gods is better than divine fortune so make sure to double check those options on the builder.