Milling Win Condition

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
If i use a card that says Target player puts the top 2 cards of his library into the graveyard and they only have one card left in there library, do they lose when they can't draw the second card or do they lose when they cannot draw on there next turn?
Putting cards from your library into your graveyard is not drawing, so it does not cause your opponent to lose if he doesn't have enough cards to put from his library into his graveyard.

However, he will lose the next time he tries to draw a card.  This could be the draw from his draw step, the draw from a killed Solemn Simulacrum, or even you making him draw a card with Blue Sun's Zenith.
If i use a card that says Target player puts the top 2 cards of his library into the graveyard and they only have one card left in there library, do they lose when they can't draw the second card or do they lose when they cannot draw on there next turn?

1) they aren't drawing either of those two cards so that won't cause them to lose (the effect has to say draw or it isn't a draw)
2) they will lose when they would next draw a card (likely in the draw step of their next turn, but it could happen before that)

DCI Certified Judge & Goth/Industrial/EBM/Indie/Alternative/80's-Wave DJ
DJ Vortex

DCI Certified Judge since July 13, 2013
DCI #5209514320

My Wife's Makeup Artist Page <-- cool stuff - check it out

Putting cards from your library into your graveyard is not drawing, so it does not cause your opponent to lose if he doesn't have enough cards to put from his library into his graveyard.

However, he will lose the next time he tries to draw a card.  This could be the draw from his draw step, the draw from a killed Solemn Simulacrum, or even you making him draw a card with Blue Sun's Zenith.

A killed solemn simulacrum has an optional draw. You wouldn't die unless you wanted to because you could just choose not to draw.