[Casual] Exalted B/W - Ajani & Elspeth

3 posts / 0 new
Last post

erdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">I have reviewd my exalted deck and I'm in the process of finishing it (buying the last card to complete the deck).

erdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">So any suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Lands ( 20 ):
4 x Cathedral of War
4 x Terramorphic Expanse
6 x Plains
6 x Swamp

Artefacts( 5 ):
2 x Expedition Map
3 x Elixir of Immortality

Creatures( 20 ):
4 x Soltari Priest
3 x Knight of Infamy
3 x Duty-Bound Dead
3 x Knight of Glory
3 x Sigiled Paladin
3 x Guardians of Akrasa
1 x Sublime Archangel

Planeswalkers ( 2 ):
1 x Elspeth, Knight-Errant
1 x Ajani Goldmane

Instants ( 13 ):
4 x Insidious Dreams
3 x Divine Deflection
3 x Duress
3 x Oblivion Ring

Sideboard ( 15 ):
4 x Soltari Monk
4 x Hold the Line
4 x Tragic Slip
1 x Divine Deflection
1 x Duress
1 x Oblivion Ring

Expedition Map - to fix my mana base or to get one Cathedral of war
Elixir of Immortality - to help against mill decks and to recycle my cards
Soltari Priest / Soltari Monk- I can use them (depending of my opponent's deck colors) to have an unblockable exalted creature.
Knight of Infamy /  Knight of Glory - potential low cost offensive creatures with exalted
Duty-Bound Dead - a defensive creature, that has the advantage of no being human (to help if my opponent creatures have protection from humans)
Sigiled Paladin - a more robust attacker with exalted and first strike
Guardians of Akrasa - a decent defender to hold the line that also has exalted
Sublime Archangel - a creature to improve midrange capabilities of the deck (if the duel drags long enough)
Elspeth, Knight-Errant - can make my attacker stronger, create soldiers (that with Sublime Archangel will have exalted) and in the end make my creatures indestructible - she is a winning condition by herself
Ajani Goldmane - he can give me life points ( so that I can avoid defending attacks), make my creatures stronger (+1/+1 counters) and create a new creature fueled by his first ability
Insidious Dreams - to get  Sublime Archangel,  Elspeth, Knight-Errant, Ajani Goldmane
Divine Deflection - so that I can redirect damage (maybe destroying an enemy creature in the process)  instead of always defending my opponent attacks
Duress - to know my oponent hand and remove pesky counterspells before casting any important spell
Zealous Persecution - to help in the defense department
Oblivion Ring - if I play against opponents with powerful spells, artifacts and/or creatures
Tragic Slip - to use against decks with powerful creatures

Elspeth, Ajani and Archangel are here to give the deck a higher range ... so that I can continue to fight if the duel drags for to long.

The deck will use manly cheap exalted creatures and some cheap removal/control spells to rule the battlefield, with the mentioned midrange weapons.

Expedition Map - you need more land. Take this out, add more land.
Elixir of Immortality - Have you played against anyone who uses mill decks?
Insidious Dreams - Why not just run Diabolic Tutor. Also, all 3 cards you mentioned cost 4 mana, so there's also Dimir House Guard.
I

I had forgot about Dimir House Guard, for my strategy he is better than Insidious Dreams, thank you. I was using Insidious Dreams because it's easier to get than other tutors.

Yes, I have played against mill decks, why?

By adding your suggestions, the deck hould look like this:

Lands ( 22 ):
4 x Cathedral of War
4 x Terramorphic Expanse
7 x Plains
7 x Swamp

Artefacts( 5 ):
3 x Elixir of Immortality

Creatures( 24 ):
4 x Soltari Priest
4 x Dimir House Guard
3 x Knight of Infamy
3 x Duty-Bound Dead
3 x Knight of Glory
3 x Sigiled Paladin
3 x Guardians of Akrasa
1 x Sublime Archangel

Planeswalkers ( 2 ):
1 x Elspeth, Knight-Errant
1 x Ajani Goldmane

Instants ( 9 ):
3 x Divine Deflection
3 x Duress
3 x Oblivion Ring

Sideboard ( 15 ):
4 x Soltari Monk
4 x Hold the Line
4 x Tragic Slip
1 x Divine Deflection
1 x Duress
1 x Oblivion Ring

Is it better this way? Can I improve it?

Sign In to post comments