Cardboard Crack?

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
How addicted are you? How much do you usually spent on MTG in a month? Do you think the term Cardboard Crack is legit? 

Worse than heroin.
I probably average $1000 a year, since 1994.
Yes, the term "cardboard crack" is more than legit.  First heard the term in '94. 
STEP 1: Find your cousin STEP 2: Get your cousin in the cannon STEP: 3 Find another cousin
Worse than heroin.

Yeah. If you only spend 1,000 dollars a year on H, then you aren't getting high enough.

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
since i returned 1 month ago i pumped up to 200 € in my cardpool. the things i do for love!
Recently found out that some of my older cards are worth something so I'm going to try to trade for my drugs rather than just buy them. 
Don't worry, stamp collecting is just as addictive, and the same goes for fishing and watching football... just enjoy it, the only permanent condition is a good awareness of game theory from a practical viewpoint.

Please check out my Blog:

Magic the Gathering Adventures Blog

http://mtgadventures.blogspot.com/

Please check out my YouTube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/rubiera22/featured

I enjoy it, but my whole life doesn't revolve around it. Maybe something less addictive, like Cardboard Minecraft?
Thank you Blitzschnell for the awesome banner!
lol, Iused that term today at the mini-masters event, everyone seemed to have never heard it.
Autocarding
Please Please Please Autocard/// / / / [c]Protean Hydra[/c] => Protean Hydra / / / I can't read the cards you reference without it... / Well, ok, I CAN read the cards, but it involves opening Gatherer, looking your card up by name, hoping it's spelled right, and... I'm just too lazy to do it, alright? Please Autocard.
Less than 100$ a year. I am a casual player so I don't spend money on events. I also ignore standard format rules so my decks are often cheaper to build. I do enjoy FNM tho.
My current budget is $30 a quarter (marriage does these things to your crack habit).
If I didn't have a budget and family to worry about? Triple it.
~ Guides I Have Been Silly Enough To Write ~
Budget Duals and Fetches in Multiplayer
CadaverousBl00m's Guide To Multiplayer Artifice
Multiplayer Tribal Format

~ Latest Multiplayer Ramblings: Appearing on my blog when I feel like it ~
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Rise of the Eldrazi Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Worldwake Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Zendikar Post-Rotation
Previous Multiplayer Concoctions
Elemental, My Dear Watson (Rainbow Elementals)
Watch The Little Birdies! (Bird Tribal with Proliferate)
Kavu Kavu Kavu Banana (Kavu Predator aggro)
Faerie Bleeder (The "Death By A Thousand Cuts" Faerie deck)
Braaiiins! (Mono-black Zombie control)
Verhexterring (Jinxed Ring / Grave Pact)
Flourishing Blowflies ( -1/-1 Counters)
Cardboard crack? Nah, mine is pixels!! I only play MTGO. Spent about $100 just in the last week on Inn and M13 pixels. Working in Afghanistan it's just easier than carrying cards around, BUT, MTGO is a gateway drug because me and a few buddies are about to order some booster boxes and fat packs for some paper addiction here as well!
yeah cardboard crack goes back to the infancy of the game that i still use to this day.  it is a reason i dont hang at the LCS as any cash i have i spend on it....seriously my weed habit doesnt even get to me like that i can stare at an oz and be like cool but if i look through a binder or a few cards all i want to do is go buy boxes to open.

Magic the Drinking Game rules
here are the rules for MtDG: 1.at the beginning of each players turn that player takes a drink. 2.whenever a permanent you control is placed in a graveyard from play, drink. 3. whenever a spell you play is countered, drink. if the countered spells caster attempts to counter the counter, the loser of the counter battle must drink for a number of seconds for each counterspell that went on the stack. 4. whenever a player "loses life" that player must drink for a number of seconds equal to amount of life lost. (a) if a player would gain life, that player may make another player drink for a number of seconds equal to amount of life gained. 5. if a player puts a card from their library into their graveyard that player drinks for a number of seconds equal to the number of cards placed in graveyard. 6.if a player would discard a card that player drinks for a number of seconds equal to cards discarded. 7. on any coinflip the loser must drink. 8. at the end of each game all players must finish their drink. 9. loser must fetch all drinks/refills for the next game. if playing multiplayer use a**hole heirarchy(president,vp,secretary,treasurer,a**hole) 10. a player who wins 3 consecutive matches may add a "world effect" that affects all players and can not be removed without winning 3 consecutive matches and negating effect. multiple effects stack i.e if person wins 3 games then wins another 3 games both effects that player created stack. 11. ALL cards are legal, including ante cards.

Modern EldraziTron
[deck]

2x all is dust
1x blightsteel colossus
4x blinkmoth nexus
4x chromatic sphere
4x chromatic star
4x eldrazi conscription
1x emrakul, the aeons torn
4x expedition map
1x eye of ugin
4x inkmoth nexus
3x karn, liberated
1x kozilek, butcher of truth
2x mana confluence
2x oblivion stone
4x proteus staff
4x relic of progenitus
1x ulamog, the infinite gyre
4x urza's mine
4x urza's power plant
4x urza's tower
2x wurmcoil engine

[/deck]

yeah cardboard crack goes back to the infancy of the game that i still use to this day.  it is a reason i dont hang at the LCS as any cash i have i spend on it....seriously my weed habit doesnt even get to me like that i can stare at an oz and be like cool but if i look through a binder or a few cards all i want to do is go buy boxes to open.

Yeah weed is extremely cheap compared to magic.

Actually, compared to most things.
lol, Iused that term today at the mini-masters event, everyone seemed to have never heard it.

You do realize, of course, that lulz isn't actually just laughing. It's Schadenfreude.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt

How addicted are you? How much do you usually spent on MTG in a month? Do you think the term Cardboard Crack is legit? 

Cardboard Crack? Nah, since trading cards are not made out of cardboard. :P

[card stock != cardboard :P]