What non-standard dlc would interest you?

43 posts / 0 new
Last post
Last year, after releasing an expansion pack for duels 2012, Wizards sold us deck packs.  There seems to be a belief that there will be two expansions for 2013, but I was wondering what else people would be interested in buying if Wizards provided.  Personally, I prefer to unlock the decks myself and foil conversions don't interest me, but there are products I'd be happy to purchase.  I'll start with three suggestions, hopefully some of you will add a few more.

1.  Deck packs (I bought all three last year and was happy with them.  Some way to play against revenge versions would be nice.)
2.  Archenemy 
3.  Extra cards for existing decks (maybe 5 for each deck?) 
archenemy aint exactly DLC :D otherwise a few more deck packs would be awesome
archenemy aint exactly DLC :D

I was (probably naively) thinking that they must have most of the code allready done, from last year. :-) 
still in my opinion at least its more in the lines of an expansion then DLC (adding archenemy that is )
Deck packs - I agree, last year's were great.  They added diversity to the decks and extended the life of the game considerably.  If only there had been manual land tapping for Trinity of Elements - it was the only deck I'd consider bad, mainly because of the land situation.
Deck packs - I agree, last year's were great.  They added diversity to the decks and extended the life of the game considerably.  If only there had been manual land tapping for Trinity of Elements - it was the only deck I'd consider bad, mainly because of the land situation.

It was a tad to comboy most of the time to be consistent, but the automatic land tapping really did not help at all.

I do agree that Archenemy would be a nice DLC option but I am fine with more decks/cards.
More decks!
More diversity among decks makes the game more interesting.

Damn the system and its hypocrites! You quit your quest and venture into the slums of the Gruul Clans!
Damn the system and its hypocrites! You quit your quest and venture into the slums of the Gruul Clans!
Take THE QUEST FOR RAVNICA today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

i would buy some new playing boards and personas like in magic 09
I'd like to see the deck packs return after we get all 10 guild decks. Idk if I'd buy extra cards for the decks. It depends on what cards they are and how much it costs. I couldn't see spending more than 100 points for 10 addictional cards per deck.

Duels of the Planeswalkers deck builds and analysis: http://megamaster125.angelfire.com/dotp

Another one of my websites: http://megamaster125.angelfire.com/rationalchristianity/

I am Blue/White

Cards, personas, decks, tables, avatars etc. If they offer it, i'll buy it, but i don't want any xbox avatar crap
Table themes ala 2009 edition plox. 

I miss my green jungle table.

The iPhone is perfect for people who want an easy to use, multifunction device. Android is a little more user intensive, but can do anything that iOS can do. DoTP developers, give us Duels 2014 on Android! My nexus 7/Galaxy Note 2 is easily capable of handling it if my 4 year old gateway laptop can.
Eh, I dunno.  I enjoy the fact that everyone has access to the same cards, meaning it's a more "fair" competition.  If DLC card unlocks (presumably more powerful than standard) were available for purchase, then it would introduce a greater element of "pay to win" into the game.  DLC decks would somewhat undermine the need for an expansion.  I don't really care about foil conversions, avatars, mats, etc...  that's mostly just bling.

I guess I mostly just want more cards and decks, but I want everyone to have them =P.
Builds and Guides The Cosmonaut a build that teleports foes into space. November Errata Item Guide a guide to equipping Avengers and Strikers after the November errata. 100% Crit Rate Ardent Champion an Avenger combo that autocrits and/or inflicts infinite damage at level 11.
Eh, I dunno.  I enjoy the fact that everyone has access to the same cards, meaning it's a more "fair" competition.  If DLC card unlocks (presumably more powerful than standard) were available for purchase, then it would introduce a greater element of "pay to win" into the game.  DLC decks would somewhat undermine the need for an expansion.  I don't really care about foil conversions, avatars, mats, etc...  that's mostly just bling.

I guess I mostly just want more cards and decks, but I want everyone to have them =P.

Yeah, I would say no to wanting purchasable cards. I don't think they would go that route anyhow fortunately.
Decks, absolutely. But not cards. The cards in DotP don't need a pricetag attached to them like the do in MtG or MtGO...

Conversely, I do care about avatars tables etc. As long as they aren't like, $2.00 each or something ridiculous like that. They are strictly cosmetic.

We should see more than the 20 projected decks. THis is the first duels with Manual land tapping. It should not be the first Duels without tri-colour decks...
Yeah, I really just want more decks. 19 in 2012 was great. I want even more this year. If they had a new pack of two decks every other week for $3/240 points, I'd probably buy them all. I know balance is hard, but I think it becomes less relevent after you hit a certain threshold as long as you don't make one deck ridiculously overpowered.
archenemy (with campaign)
planar decks

dunno what else
Or maybe, just MAYBE, they give us the decks we paid for from '09 and '12. We did pay for 'em after all. New decks too of course. It must not be too farfetched because I downloaded M13 for the pc and someone had a mod torrent online that gives you:

ALL decks from previous dotp games

plus user created decks

plus a create-your-own test deck

PLUS all 5 guild expansion decks (thats right, Ive played em lol).

Just sayin' Wiz... you could do it if you loved us enough ;D

kat.ph/mod-pack-magic-the-gathering-2013... (Ethical? Who knows? Awesome? I think so!)
Definitely Archenemy, I'd pay a fair bit for that. It is absolutely the most fun way to play against the AI and to unlock decks.

AI customization DLC, including things like customizing AI decks, random choice of AI decks so you don't know which of the 10 Talrand decks you've made you're going to face, and perhaps even the ability to make ridiculous AI decks using any cards in the game, for some serious AI challenge.

Never-going-to-happen DLC: Challenge editor, allowing you to create your own challenges and share them with the community. I do like the challenges and I'm sure that plenty of players could set some really fiendish and imaginative ones!
Would like to see a deck-making contest on the forum and the winning deck be added a DLC.
Planechase is awesome but who the hell would pay to get archenemy back? that mode is so stupid, it's all just 3 players being beat up by one person, no one wants that stuff
Planechase is awesome but who the hell would pay to get archenemy back? that mode is so stupid, it's all just 3 players being beat up by one person, no one wants that stuff

Beg to differ on that.  I like playing 3 player coop with my kids.

2 things for the moment:

Decks i would love to see:
A 5-color sliver deck.
An artifact deck (with full aggro options as well as heavy control)
5-color control
an Infect deck (i prefer mono-black)
Boros equipment themed deck(and done right this time..i mean with actual focus)

And:
Include all other existing planes!
Before dotp2013 was released i was thrilled that they would include all planechase cards! but they lied and we just got the new ones(and not even all of them).
I am White/Black
I am White/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
I'm both orderly and selfish. I act mostly for my own benefit, but I respect and help my community - Specially when it helps me. At best, I'm loyal and dedicated; at worst, I'm elitist and shrewd.
Before dotp2013 was released i was thrilled that they would include all planechase cards! but they lied and we just got the new ones(and not even all of them).

They can't include all of them. Some, like Kilnspire District can't be included due to lack of mana pool. And I'm sure there are others who wouldn't fit in DotP. But it would've been cool if they had included older ones.

"People are like sausages: it's what's under the skin that's important... so poke them with a fork periodically."

"Lif is too short."

An automatic random deck ranked.
^That random deck option shouldn't have to cost at all. I'd love to get it, but c'mon, it's part of a very basic programming effort and it should be available for free (if I'm not missing anything on that). 

I do have suggestions I'd reaaaaaaaallllyyy want to get my hands on:

- New music (I'm getting sick of the same songs or having to play something else. I want more interesting music on game);
- New sound effects (or at least the option to remove them. They're driving me insane and do not feel natural for cards. At all); 
- ... and a PS Vita port ((((

That's all, I swear! 

- New sound effects (or at least the option to remove them. They're driving me insane and do not feel natural for cards. At all); 

it's funny you mention that because the beta MTGO client replaced all the sound effects and it has much fewer sound effects than before

I actually liked the MTGO sound effects before, and even when playing Duels 2013 for the first time it felt like they could have added more, such as voice sample announcing each of the phases.
And then there's MWS which has a great sound effect for shuffling, but MTGO doesn't even have a shuffling sound effect. DotP2013 has one but it doesn't sound like shuffling, just sounds like a random sound effect they chose.

They can't include all of them. Some, like Kilnspire District can't be included due to lack of mana pool. And I'm sure there are others who wouldn't fit in DotP. But it would've been cool if they had included older ones.

I geuss their biggest fear is that people spend to much time reading.

But yes some cards would not work properly with this game. But still if we had all possible options we would have atleast 3 times as much planes as we do now.

EDIT: i almost forgot. each A.i. should be able to have it's revenge deck at any given game type. also special multiplayer configurations for the A.I. would be nice.(kinda dumb Lily nor Ajani have acces to their massremovel)
Just an option like "revenge mode enabled" and being able to do this even in custom games.
I am White/Black
I am White/Black
I'm both orderly and selfish. I act mostly for my own benefit, but I respect and help my community - Specially when it helps me. At best, I'm loyal and dedicated; at worst, I'm elitist and shrewd.
EDIT: i almost forgot. each A.i. should be able to have it's revenge deck at any given game type. also special multiplayer configurations for the A.I. would be nice.(kinda dumb Lily nor Ajani have acces to their massremovel)
Just an option like "revenge mode enabled" and being able to do this even in custom games.

Oh, heck yes.  I'm not sure this DLC type stuff, but it's definitely stuff I want.  That was one of the main problems with the deck packs last year, if I recall -- no way to play vs. revenge.

Oh, heck yes.  I'm not sure this DLC type stuff, but it's definitely stuff I want.  That was one of the main problems with the deck packs last year, if I recall -- no way to play vs. revenge.

We must get the message through!
I am White/Black
I am White/Black
Music?  Sound effects?  People actually play this game with the sound on?  I always have my computer playing music or a movie/show, I'd go crazy if I had to just stare at the board and listen to the game music while I wait on my opponent to do things.
A 5-color sliver deck.

Sliver deck:  Hell yes.

5 color deck:  Hell no.  Not unless they're going to release dual-lands.  I understand that you would probably have gemhide sliver but what happens if you don't hit your forest or evolving wilds?

You're a lose cannon.

"I played 70 card decks before it was cool to play 70 card decks." -Random M:tG hipster

A 5-color sliver deck.

Sliver deck:  Hell yes.

5 color deck:  Hell no.  Not unless they're going to release dual-lands.  I understand that you would probably have gemhide sliver but what happens if you don't hit your forest or evolving wilds?

I would personaly include 4 city of brass and 2 cavern of souls.
They can easily make it work.

If not then 3 color would be the next best thing. However they would still need to include some non-basic lands that can tap for more then 1 type of mana.
I am White/Black
I am White/Black
Wouldn't Cavern of Souls require a list of every creature type to choose from?

Take THE QUEST FOR RAVNICA today!

Wouldn't Cavern of Souls require a list of every creature type to choose from?

Or every creature your deck is able to cast. in witch case is only slivers.
I am White/Black
I am White/Black
Everyone always says "I want a Sliver deck" but what they really mean is "I want to play a Sliver deck so I can totally own people with it", they seem to forget that Slivers were incredibly broken and playing AGAINST a Sliver deck makes playing against Goblins look like a walk in the park.
Everyone always says "I want a Sliver deck" but what they really mean is "I want to play a Sliver deck so I can totally own people with it", they seem to forget that Slivers were incredibly broken and playing AGAINST a Sliver deck makes playing against Goblins look like a walk in the park.

You know, I was going to mention something about that.
Maybe making it 5 colour in this format would be a balancing factor.
I wouldn't mind seeing a return of the decks from previous games.

However, new decks is always the key thing. Maybe triple coloured decks, now that we have manual mana tapping. We've had them in the past, so why not now?

I really couldn't care less about things like avatars, or boards. Those are cosmetic changes only and I'm not interested in that. I wouldn't want to see card packs either, stick to deck packs.

Can i not just be a fan of slivers? It has nothing to do with power lvl but rather that sliver plays a lot diffrandly then most other tribes. Every sliver is a lord(k there are exceptions) and that means you can have some very interesting combinations that are very fun to use to me.

Oh and in competetive tournaments goblins are superior to slivers. Just look at the Legacy format where goblins are the 1# tribe(along side elfs) and meathooks(slivers) is just seen as a tier 1,5 deck that doesnt see much play.
At their best goblins beat slivers any day of the week.
But sure you can make them OP in dotp as our goblins are not at their optimal level.
I am White/Black
I am White/Black

Can i not just be a fan of slivers? It has nothing to do with power lvl but rather that sliver plays a lot diffrandly then most other tribes. Every sliver is a lord(k there are exceptions

Well, you say it has nothing to do with power level but the fact that every Sliver is a lord actually would be pretty OP in this format. 

But yeah, you can like them.  I think they're kind of gross (even their name is icky) but they're not the worst thing to ever happen to Magic.

That would be Cloudpost decks. 

What i'd really like to see is a Sphinx deck. I just know that you could build a good tri-color sphinx decks with some cards like Sphinx's Herald and others. I've never tried to make one but I bet they'd be fun.

Can i not just be a fan of slivers? It has nothing to do with power lvl but rather that sliver plays a lot diffrandly then most other tribes. Every sliver is a lord(k there are exceptions

Well, you say it has nothing to do with power level but the fact that every Sliver is a lord actually would be pretty OP in this format. 

But yeah, you can like them.  I think they're kind of gross (even their name is icky) but they're not the worst thing to ever happen to Magic.

That would be Cloudpost decks. 

Slivers will not be OP if done right. A fun good sliver deck is possible without having Goblins as it's main threat. They might be all lords but do note they dont have any good efficient beaters to embrace (like a piledriver).
oh and 5-color would not be for nerving reasons but just so i can include those awesome uber-lords like sliver queen and sliver overlord. But if the "uber-lords" prove to be broken card choices then let there be 3 color sliver deck that is well-balanced.

And i pronounce slivers as Ssssssllllllivers while wigeling my tongue.

I am White/Black
I am White/Black
I would like to see an expansion that is just challenges, like 50 or so. That would be cool, and fun, and add something new to do with the game. I know a lot of people wouldn't be too keen on that, they see the game as multiplayer only, but I think it'd be fun.

"People are like sausages: it's what's under the skin that's important... so poke them with a fork periodically."

"Lif is too short."

Sign In to post comments