[RTR] Where's Szadek?

21 posts / 0 new
Last post
(Hello everyone, I hope there's anyone left from old times that remembers me... my love for Ravnica is actually pulling me back here :p)

So, where's Szadek? The original block's storyline left the cliffhanger that Szadek was now a spirit in control of the new ghost district (which may have been his plan all along), but I've yet to see a single mention of his whereabouts.

Personally, I hope he's still pulling the strings of House Dimir, and Lazav's just his puppet.

See ya!
Wizards isn't going to show their whole hand before the set comes out.

Some details are going to be kept a secret until later, and we still have two more sets of plot to work with.
Szadek is John Galt.

"The fuel on which science runs is ignorance. Science is like a hungry furnace that must be fed logs from the forests of ignorance that surround us. In the process, the clearing we call knowledge expands, but the more it expands, the longer its perimeter and the more ignorance comes into view." -Matt Ridley, Genome

I thought Szadek was in Agyrem, but Agrus Kos was running it. All the run-up stuff has so far said that since the mending no-one knows where Agyrem has gone. Whether that means it's Sir Not-Appearing-In-This-Block, or just being kept back for a big reveal, who knows?
It's not gonna be much of a reveal when everyone's expecting it... <_< >_>
Personally, I think Szadek has been flagged as "dead" by the minds in creative, and we know the Wizards policy on resurrection.

Plus, a lack of Szadek/Bolas would be the real shocker at this stage

... and I still think the new Dimir guildmaster is secretly Ravel Puzzlewell

"Enjoy your screams, Sarpadia - they will soon be muffled beneath snow and ice."

Follow me to No Goblins Allowed

A M:tG/D&D message board with a good community and usable software

THE COALITION WAR GAME -Phyrexian Chief Praetor
Round 1: (4-1-2, 1 kill)
Round 2: (16-8-2, 4 kills)
Round 3: (18-9-2, 1 kill)
Round 4: (22-10-0, 2 kills)
Round 5: (56-16-3, 9 kills)
Round 6: (8-7-1)

Last Edited by Ralph on blank, 1920

I thought Szadek was in Agyrem, but Agrus Kos was running it. All the run-up stuff has so far said that since the mending no-one knows where Agyrem has gone.

Didn't know that part, then new main issue is why/where Agyrem went to :p
Agyrem was seperated from Ravnica during the mending.
… and then, the squirrels came.
I thought Szadek was in Agyrem, but Agrus Kos was running it.

I belive that's correct.
Thank you Blitzschnell for the awesome banner!
Personally, I doubt Szadek, or even House Dimir period, will play a major role in the Return to Ravnica set. Remember how in the first Ravnica block they introduced the guilds more or less 4-3-3 by set? Well, if you look at the spoiled cards so far and the five mechanics reveals, it seems this time they're focusing on five of them, Selesnya, Azorious, Izzet, Golgari and Rakdos. Now, maybe the others haven't been spoiled yet, but I suspect we'll get the other five houses in Gatecrash.

However, that certainly doesn't mean they can't bleed storyline into the other five. And personally, I hope they do, as my two favorite guilds (first Dimir, then Simic) are yet to come. At least I still have Izzet and Golgari to fall back on.

Shameless Self-Promotion

These are the MTG Fiction pieces I have written:

Planes of the Dual-Walkers
Allo's Fortnight
The Butcher's Cleaver
Dead Man 'Walking
Showdown
Pariah
Deals and Devils
The Tears of the Djinn
Cromat Comes
Kiss of the Shorecerers
Numerous poems in The Poetry Plane
Magic: The Musical

Please read and comment! I love hearing people's thoughts and reactions to my work!

Personally, I doubt Szadek, or even House Dimir period, will play a major role in the Return to Ravnica set. Remember how in the first Ravnica block they introduced the guilds more or less 4-3-3 by set? Well, if you look at the spoiled cards so far and the five mechanics reveals, it seems this time they're focusing on five of them, Selesnya, Azorious, Izzet, Golgari and Rakdos. Now, maybe the others haven't been spoiled yet, but I suspect we'll get the other five houses in Gatecrash.

However, that certainly doesn't mean they can't bleed storyline into the other five. And personally, I hope they do, as my two favorite guilds (first Dimir, then Simic) are yet to come. At least I still have Izzet and Golgari to fall back on.

The only Dimir reference we have is the flavor text on the new Mana Fixer/Rock.

Dimir mages put the lanterns to good use, creating shapeshifters and sleeper agents from mana foreign to them.

"The fuel on which science runs is ignorance. Science is like a hungry furnace that must be fed logs from the forests of ignorance that surround us. In the process, the clearing we call knowledge expands, but the more it expands, the longer its perimeter and the more ignorance comes into view." -Matt Ridley, Genome

Szadek is John Galt.

QFT
"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)
Congratulations, they have activated your trap card!
Szadek's spirit and Kos's spirit are both in Agyrem, which now exists in planar space distinct from that of Ravnica. That's as much as we've established at this point.

Also, welcome back Japoniano! Hope the earthquake didn't affect you too much.
Article that gives you a little information about Ravnica past and present Ravnica 
www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.a... 
Beware !!!! There are Zombies even in Spaces !!!
I have to wait for two of my three favorite guilds.

Mafia Game Slots:

1. Open

2. Hundred Acres (Dead Town)

3. Open

4. Open

5. Open

6. Open

Well, if nothing else, Brady remembers you apparently!

I remember you also, Japoniano. Good to see you back.

I'm not hoping for a return of Szadek to this storyline, necessarily, but I would love to see Szadek and Kos go toe to toe in modern Agyrem again. I kind of like the idea of them being eternal ghost foes. There's something wonderfully Noir about that idea--it just feels very Ravnican to me.
Coming Soon to the Magic: Expanded Multiverse: FRAGMENTS: A Shards of Alara Anthology
(Click through to view the cover and announcement page)Want to get your work in the Expanded Multiverse? Come join the project! Oh, and check out my blog, Storming the Ivory Tower: making sense of academia, media, and culture twice weekly.
I'm not hoping for a return of Szadek to this storyline, necessarily, but I would love to see Szadek and Kos go toe to toe in modern Agyrem again. I kind of like the idea of them being eternal ghost foes. There's something wonderfully Noir about that idea--it just feels very Ravnican to me.

This.

I'm against Sza'dek coming back mostly because he already got a chance to be the man behind the conspiracy, let someone else have a shot at it!

Now, if he is behind some sinister plot again, and they manage to make me believe it, more power to them; but by default, I'd like something new.
but I would love to see Szadek and Kos go toe to toe in modern Agyrem again. I kind of like the idea of them being eternal ghost foes. There's something wonderfully Noir about that idea--it just feels very Ravnican to me.

The Ravnican equivalent of Moriarty and Holmes going toe to toe in the spirit world?
I could dig it.
Everyone who believes that Szadek is not the evil mastermind behind everything, already fell in Szadek's trap. Puts on tin-foil hat.

Szadek's spirit and Kos's spirit are both in Agyrem, which now exists in planar space distinct from that of Ravnica. That's as much as we've established at this point.

Also, welcome back Japoniano! Hope the earthquake didn't affect you too much.

Thank you for the clarification and personalized reply :p (I promise not to rant to much for now).

I saw the CNN news about the earthquake, and they seemed exagerated, as if the whole country was made of adobe houses... jeez... some binders fell in my office, and there were cracks on the building's plaster, but that's it.

Well, if nothing else, Brady remembers you apparently!

I remember you also, Japoniano. Good to see you back.

Nice to see you too! Have fun!
(Hello everyone, I hope there's anyone left from old times that remembers me... my love for Ravnica is actually pulling me back here :p)

OMG~! I totes remember you~! :D

Still have a debt to settle with you btw... I'll just send you the payment if ever haha~

Szadek is John Galt.

QFT

Could be said of in general.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
Sign In to post comments