Deadpool

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hey guys! I'm sorry, but how would one build Deadpool? My friend wants to play in another of my friend's campaign and he wants to play something along the lines of Deadpool. His fascination with deadpool seems to be built in the order of: Regeneration > Dual Guns (Hand Crossbows?) > Martial Arts + Sword. Giving up the sword would be a small sacrifice, though I plan to ask him about it the next time I see him. Could you guys tell me how to build a dual-wield crossbow build with ludicrious regeration?

The troll blooded feat (Dragon 319, p61) gives you regeneration 1 overcome by acid and fire. It also makes you fatigued in sunlight, but there are several ways to become immune to fatigue.

The taint-blooded creature template (Bestiary of Krynn) gives you acid immunity for +1 LA.

If you're high enough level to spare 16,200 gp, you can have someone cast fiery spirit (Sandstorm) on you. It's an instantaneous spell that gives the target the fire subtype. Barring that, the Imix-blooded template (Monster Manual V, p65) gives the fire subtype for +1 LA.

Dual-wielding hand crossbows effectively is very difficult.

Tempest has one in his signature.
"Today's headlines and history's judgment are rarely the same. If you are too attentive to the former, you will most certainly not do the hard work of securing the latter." -Condoleezza Rice "My fellow Americans... I've just signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. Bombing begins in five minutes." - Ronald Reagan This user has been banned from you by the letters "O-R-C" and the numbers "2, 3, 4, and 6"
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
I do, however, have one last lesson on this subject. That last one? The only build in this post that can one-shot average opponents[by dealing twice as much damage as they have HP? I would argue that it is not optimized. Why isn't it optimized? Because it's overkill. Overkill is NOT optimizing. This means that there are portions of this build dedicated to damage which can safely be removed and thrown elsewhere. For example, you probably don't need both Leap Attack AND Headlong Rush at the same time. You could pick up Extra Rage feats for stamina, feats to support AoO effects, feats that work towards potential prestige classes, and so on. However, you could also shift our ability scores around somewhat. I mean, if you're getting results like that with 16 starting Strength, maybe you can lower it to 14, and free up four points to spend somewhere else - perhaps back into Charisma, giving you some oomph for Intimidating Rage or Imperious Command if you want. You can continue to tune this until it deals "enough" damage - and that "enough" does not need to be "100%". It could easily be, say, 80% (leaving the rest to the team), if your DM is the sort who would ban one-hit killers.
Tempest_Stormwind on Character Optimization
So when do you think Bachmann will be saying she met a mother the previous night that had a son who got a blood transfusion using a gay guy's blood, and now the son is retardedly gay?
When she meets CJ's mom?
Resident Pithed-Off Dragon Poon Slayer of the House of Trolls
Isn't the hand crossbow build TO? I suppose you could cut the cheese, but then you are left with a sort of meh build.
I don't know if it's quite theoretical, but it is super-cheese. Then again, so is wanting to play Deadpool in a D&D game. I say let the dude get it out of his system over the course of a session or two, and then dial him back from comic-book-land.
"Today's headlines and history's judgment are rarely the same. If you are too attentive to the former, you will most certainly not do the hard work of securing the latter." -Condoleezza Rice "My fellow Americans... I've just signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. Bombing begins in five minutes." - Ronald Reagan This user has been banned from you by the letters "O-R-C" and the numbers "2, 3, 4, and 6"
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
I do, however, have one last lesson on this subject. That last one? The only build in this post that can one-shot average opponents[by dealing twice as much damage as they have HP? I would argue that it is not optimized. Why isn't it optimized? Because it's overkill. Overkill is NOT optimizing. This means that there are portions of this build dedicated to damage which can safely be removed and thrown elsewhere. For example, you probably don't need both Leap Attack AND Headlong Rush at the same time. You could pick up Extra Rage feats for stamina, feats to support AoO effects, feats that work towards potential prestige classes, and so on. However, you could also shift our ability scores around somewhat. I mean, if you're getting results like that with 16 starting Strength, maybe you can lower it to 14, and free up four points to spend somewhere else - perhaps back into Charisma, giving you some oomph for Intimidating Rage or Imperious Command if you want. You can continue to tune this until it deals "enough" damage - and that "enough" does not need to be "100%". It could easily be, say, 80% (leaving the rest to the team), if your DM is the sort who would ban one-hit killers.
So when do you think Bachmann will be saying she met a mother the previous night that had a son who got a blood transfusion using a gay guy's blood, and now the son is retardedly gay?
When she meets CJ's mom?
I'm not attempting to build some ridiculous beast of a PC. Dear heavens, no, I would simply like some basic information such as which classes that would work best whilst wielding one-large katana, and with a great deal of regeneration. So, I suppose a Power Attack build along with the troll-blooded feat would suffice.
Crusader might be an interesting class for him to look at due to the regeneration( read healing) based off of their manuevers, focusing on devoted spirit (yes ironic for deadpool) this would give the effect of every hit he does making his skin regenerate(heal) mixing that with the previous suggestions could be neat, especially with dual crossbows for the attacks and the first level stance that let's you heal with each hit or aura of chaos for more damage on those shots, its probably not the most optimized but its an idea to look at
kk :D
Crusader might be an interesting class for him to look at due to the regeneration( read healing) based off of their manuevers, focusing on devoted spirit (yes ironic for deadpool) this would give the effect of every hit he does making his skin regenerate(heal) mixing that with the previous suggestions could be neat, especially with dual crossbows for the attacks and the first level stance that let's you heal with each hit or aura of chaos for more damage on those shots, its probably not the most optimized but its an idea to look at

This doesn't work; there are only six Devoted Spirit maneuvers/stances that don't require melee attacks.  Of those six, one requires a shield, two require you to threaten an opponent (which is difficult, though not impossible, to do with ranged weapons), and one only allows you to treat any d20 roll as an 11.  The only one that heals you is Aura of Tyranny, and that requires willing allies to sacrifice hp.

The last is interesting, though nigh impossible to get for a non-Crusader: Immortal Fortitude.  It would be an interesting thematic choice, however, since it allows you to remain at 1 hp if you would take enough hp damage to kill you - provided you make a (probably difficult) Fort save.
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
When she meets CJ's mom?
Sign In to post comments