And the same sort of chart for the cleric

CLERIC SPELLS PER DAY
Level 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
1 2 — — — — — — — — —
2 3 — — — — — — — — —
3 3 1 — — — — — — — —
4 3 2 — — — — — — — —
5 3 2 1 — — — — — — —

I noticed that they had columns all the way up to level ten.
I found this strange for several reasons. First of all the playtest packet doesn't have any spells above 3rd level anyway. Second is that in D&D editions 1 - 3.5 9th level was the highest*.

My guess is that this isn't anything particularly relevent, and that the people who wrote up the table wanted to give the impression that later playtest packets will just be a longer table.

* Baldur's Gate 2 Expansion Pack had a few level 10 spells. And I believe that some campaign lore had them as well. 
I noticed that today too. Totally went over my head until now because I guess I wasn't thinking that far ahead.

Maybe these are the new Highest Level spells. Maybe they will be spells learned but only cast as rituals for Spells Like Wish, Gate and Meteor Swarm. 
I'm not sure what to make of this either.

In AD&D and 2nd Edition, wizards capped at 9, clerics/druids at 7.  Then, in 3e things were evened out; 9th level spells for both classes.  Cantrips and orisons were also added (0-level spells).  

High-Level Campaigns (for 2E) had 10th level spells, these were called True Dweomers.  In the Epic Level Handbook (for v3.5), epic spells were custom-made from various 'seeds'.

The designers could be upping the maximum (like they did for clerics and druids in 3e) or maybe they're thinking about epic level magic already (I doubt it).
/\ Art
In AD&D 1e only the magic-user got level 9 spells. Everyone, including the illusionist, could only get up to level 7 spells. In the first playtest packet, the pregen characters had up to slot 7 on the character sheets (check it out). I never saw anyone mention it and I was reluctant to bring it up on the forums as I doubt it was necessarily intentional. Interesting find on the level 10 slots. I'm pretty sure they'll consider many options and change their minds many times before the game comes out in 2014. Who knows, maybe it was an accident.

If level 10 spells are in the game, it seems the wizard type classes should get it around level 19, and the sorcerer type classes should get it around 20. I've always wanted to see level 10 spells done well. If they exist in D&D Next, I believe there's a good chance they will be done well. If they are not in D&D Next, I at least want most casters able to cast up to level 9! I did start playing in 1e, but 3e has me sold on level 9 spells for most casters, although I'm willing to give 10 a shot. I'd really rather not return to 7. Only 7 levels would seem less powerful and less spectacular, even if it actually was more powerful. At least, that's my take on it.
Do you have an opinion on what campaign settings should be printed in D&D Next? If so, please cast your votes in this poll! Poll: What campaign settings do you want to see printed in D&D Next?
Wizards need to take some inspiration from Spinal Tap.

All the way up to 11. Innocent
S'pose it could be a way to prepare higher level spells (7th, 8th, or 9th) in higher spell slots.
/\ Art