Help Optimizing a Shaper Psion

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hey Guys,

I'm a big Green Lantern fan and I'm currently playing in a Dark Sun online game and was thinking of creating a character that played like a GL. I know that GL's powers come from his Power Ring, but since I'm not likely to find one of those on Athas, I decided to use a Shaper Psion/Wizard mc Ardent who got his ring from a group of psionic immortals that are from the Green Age. He may not be the most optimized character but I want to be able to do most of the things GL can do. The CB won't allow me to choose Shaper as my hybrid option but the DM said it would be ok. I want to go with Shaper Psion so that I could use Shaped Consciousness and Minor Creation to simulate GL's constructs. His at-wills are Force Punch for melee and Magic Missle for ranged( both have the force keyword). His encounter powers are usefull for dazing opponents but don't really follow the GL theme (I could use some suggestions there). His dailys are conjurations that I can reflavor to be GL constructs, and his utility can be a force filed he puts up when attacked. I chose Wizard for my other hybrid class so that I could take advantage of cantrips for Light and Mage Hand (which are staples of GL) and so that my attacks would use INT as my main stat. I picked Arcane Familiar so that I could at least fly once per encounter. I went with mc Ardent for the healing power. He wears no armor and has no weapons except his ring (ki focus) and a lantern.

Any suggestions on making him feel more like Green Lantern? Anything that can be changed or altered? Thanks in advance.

====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
GL, level 5
Human, Psion/Wizard
Discipline Focus (Hybrid) Option: Telekinesis Focus (Hybrid)
Hybrid Talent Option: Expanded Discipline Focus
Psionic Augmentation (Hybrid) Option: Hybrid Encounter Power
Human Power Selection Option: Heroic Effort
Inherent Bonuses
Ringing Mountains - Isolated Monastery (Athletics class skill)
Theme: Noble Adept

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
STR 8, CON 13, DEX 10, INT 20, WIS 10, CHA 16

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
STR 8, CON 13, DEX 10, INT 17, WIS 10, CHA 15

AC: 20 Fort: 15 Ref: 19 Will: 19
HP: 40 Surges: 7 Surge Value: 10

TRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +12, Athletics +6, Heal +7, History +12, Perception +7

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +2, Bluff +5, Diplomacy +5, Dungeoneering +2, Endurance +3, Insight +2, Intimidate +5, Nature +2, Religion +7, Stealth +2, Streetwise +5, Thievery +2

POWERS
Basic Attack: Melee Basic Attack
Basic Attack: Ranged Basic Attack
Noble Adept Feature: Adept's Insight
Human Racial Power: Heroic Effort
Psion Feature: Far Hand
Wizard Utility: Mage Hand
Wizard Utility: Light
Wizard Utility: Prestidigitation
Wizard Utility: Suggestion
Psion Feature: Forceful Push
Ardent Feature: Ardent Surge
Wizard Attack 1: Charm of Misplaced Wrath
Psion Attack 1: Force Punch
Wizard Attack 1: Magic Missile
Psion Attack 1: Summon Thought Servant
Psion Utility 2: Intellect Fortress
Wizard Attack 5: Bigby's Icy Grasp

FEATS
Level 1: Unarmored Agility
Level 1: Hybrid Talent
Level 2: Arcane Familiar
Level 4: Fervent Talent

ITEMS
Cloth Armor (Basic Clothing) x1
Arcane Signet Ring
Filter mask
Lantern, Bull's-Eye
Ki Focus x1
====== End ======

Well force punch inst that great. Enemies should not get that close to you, instead they need to be controlled from afar. 

Course, it fits for GL, but at some point you must get better Psion at wills. Dishearten and Dimensional Scrabble are more useful in my experience. 
One thing to think about if you can take non-DS themes is to go with Blackstaff Apprentice.  It will give you magic missile and cantrips without having to hybrid wizard.  Not that wizard is bad, but depending on your DM it can be a pain in the rear to be an arcane class in Dark Sun.  This way you could go full Psion. 

Unfortunately, that's about all I got since I don't know Psion (or Green Lantern) very well.