[RTR-ICD] Guild Fued

79 posts / 0 new
Last post

Guild Feud (Rare) -
Enchantment
At the beginning of your upkeep, target opponent reveals the top three cards of his or her library, may put a creature card from among them onto the battlefield, then puts the rest into his or her graveyard. You do the same with the top three cards of your library. If two creatures are put onto the battlefield in this way, those creatures fight each other.

Source: GatheringMagic preview
~ Guides I Have Been Silly Enough To Write ~
Budget Duals and Fetches in Multiplayer
CadaverousBl00m's Guide To Multiplayer Artifice
Multiplayer Tribal Format

~ Latest Multiplayer Ramblings: Appearing on my blog when I feel like it ~
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Rise of the Eldrazi Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Worldwake Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Zendikar Post-Rotation
Previous Multiplayer Concoctions
Elemental, My Dear Watson (Rainbow Elementals)
Watch The Little Birdies! (Bird Tribal with Proliferate)
Kavu Kavu Kavu Banana (Kavu Predator aggro)
Faerie Bleeder (The "Death By A Thousand Cuts" Faerie deck)
Braaiiins! (Mono-black Zombie control)
Verhexterring (Jinxed Ring / Grave Pact)
Flourishing Blowflies ( -1/-1 Counters)
Time to build a deck around it.
Real men hold shift. If everyone has their fingers in the pie, then someone is eating fingers.
This should make for some spicey EDH games.
That is some top-down design if I've ever seen it. The flavor is strong with this one.
I decree that henceforth whenever this card triggers, its controller must shout "IT'S TIME TO PLAY THE FEUD!"
I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.
This is an adorable and I can't wait to use it.
This is an awesomely fun and flavorful casual card. I know it will lead to a lot of let downs (like when your opponent keeps getting free guys and you don't), but I don't even care. This is the Wild Evocation of the set. Also known as the bad red rare that I will play regardless.

IMAGE(http://steamsignature.com/status/default/76561197995631463.png) No longer a commander as of 7/29/13.

I don't know if I'd really use it, but I do like the flavor of it.
This card reminds me of Family Feud. The stuff I'm imagining in my head right now is hilarious.
Known as Blitzer on most forums. Despite the username, I am male. Both sex AND gender.
neat
Oh, and this card has fantastic art.
Seems like a good fit in a Mayael EDH deck.
Hoard of Notions: Cards and general design musings from yours truly.
Another good one! Why did they wait until now? I'm finally getting excited about this set.

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
I like it
proud member of the 2011 community team
This card reminds me of Family Feud. The stuff I'm imagining in my head right now is hilarious.

"What creature card are you going to play?"

"SURVEY SAYS...WORLDSPINE WURM!!!"

*Applause*
Neato. I designed a card like this once. It won't see play anywhere, but it's cool and fun.
Are the words bugging anyone else?

At the beginning of your upkeep, target opponent reveals the top three cards of his or her library, he or she may put a creature card from among them onto the battlefield, then he or she puts the rest into his or her graveyard. You do the same with the top three cards of your library. If two creatures are put onto the battlefield in this way, those creatures fight each other.

Just for ascetic reasons I suppose.

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
Rakdos: SEND FORTH YOUR CHAMPION!

Golgari: GO CRAWLING TENTACLE HEAD.

At the beginning of your upkeep, target opponent reveals the top three cards of his or her library, he or she may put a creature card from among them onto the battlefield, then he or she puts the rest into his or her graveyard. You do the same with the top three cards of your library. If two creatures are put onto the battlefield in this way, those creatures fight each other.

"he or she" is the only grammatically correct option...well, other than "he, she, or it", I guess.
Yeah, but Wizards isn't always grammatically correct - are they? I can't think of any cards off hand, but I feel like there must be quite a few.

Also, I used to be opposed to using "they" as a unisex third person singular, but then I found out how long English speakers had been doing. Even Shakespeare uses it I believe. Precedent.

139359831 wrote:
likes the same kinds of decks as warp world. I kinda prefer warp world because it protects you from what your opponent is trying to set up while this doesn't affect your opponent's position. Still it's cheaper and should be fun to build a deck around for standard.
Don't be too smart to have fun
The suggested wording with he or she is grammatically incorrect, though, as it becomes a run-on sentence.  As it is, it's just using parallel construction.
Neat flavor but probably unplayable outside of Commander, and possibly even there.

AGAIN I LOVE EVEN THE BAD CARDS.
Phylactery Lich

This card would play so well with this one..drops into play... becomes indestructable, and fights your enemies creature. 
If you're not playing this color scheme with some stack the top X cards of your library then this probably wont work well.

I could see this working with a golgari sub theme, using a graveyard manipulation.
This seems like fun combo awesomeness, but then again the only way to fix it is with index.  Should be a lot of fun when you top deck something insane.  Expensive at the same time, so I don't see it sneaking in anywhere but casual.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/0a90721d221e50e5755af156c179fe51.jpg?v=90000)
Is this bothering anyone else? The way the card is worded, it sounds like your opponent chooses a creature first, especially since it doesn't read "THEN you..." But I think the choices actually resolve in APNAP order, as usual. Anyone know for sure?
Is this bothering anyone else? The way the card is worded, it sounds like your opponent chooses a creature first, especially since it doesn't read "THEN you..." But I think the choices actually resolve in APNAP order, as usual. Anyone know for sure?

They certainly could have worded it better. It really looks like the word "THEN" should be in there, maybe a typo. It would be nice if it helped the caster by waiting to see what the opponent chose before grabbing your own creature.
Don't be too smart to have fun

you follow the actions of the ability in the order written, which means the opponent chooses first so you have more information
if he dropped a better creature than any of the 3 you got you are not forced to sacrifice it by fighting with him
if he didn't put a creature on the battlefield even your weakest creatures are safe
proud member of the 2011 community team
After reading the page about grammar, it only makes sense to say something about the spelling in the thread title.  Feud > Fued     
After reading the page about grammar, it only makes sense to say something about the spelling in the thread title.  Feud > Fued     

Yeah, I know - that's what I get for trying to smash it in fast!
Stupid thing won't let you change the thread title once someone else has posted in it!
~ Guides I Have Been Silly Enough To Write ~
Budget Duals and Fetches in Multiplayer
CadaverousBl00m's Guide To Multiplayer Artifice
Multiplayer Tribal Format

~ Latest Multiplayer Ramblings: Appearing on my blog when I feel like it ~
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Rise of the Eldrazi Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Worldwake Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Zendikar Post-Rotation
Previous Multiplayer Concoctions
Elemental, My Dear Watson (Rainbow Elementals)
Watch The Little Birdies! (Bird Tribal with Proliferate)
Kavu Kavu Kavu Banana (Kavu Predator aggro)
Faerie Bleeder (The "Death By A Thousand Cuts" Faerie deck)
Braaiiins! (Mono-black Zombie control)
Verhexterring (Jinxed Ring / Grave Pact)
Flourishing Blowflies ( -1/-1 Counters)
I didn't even need to read the card I just looked at the colour and the cost and knew it was unplayable.

Check out my twitch.tv stream below where I play magic online limited queues. Don't forget to follow if you enjoy what I'm presenting to show your support!

http://twitch.tv/dpg20__

This card is cool, but bad.
I didn't even need to read the card I just looked at the colour and the cost and knew it was unplayable.

lol

still a cool card though! 

Guild Feud (Rare) -
Enchantment
At the beginning of your upkeep, target opponent reveals the top three cards of his or her library, may put a creature card from among them onto the battlefield, then puts the rest into his or her graveyard. You do the same with the top three cards of your library. If two creatures are put onto the battlefield in this way, those creatures fight each other.

Source: GatheringMagic preview

at first glance It read as you would get your opponents creature and he would get on of yours...(which would have been awesome...)
This card should have been called "Thunderdome".

Two men enter, one man leaves.
Next thing you will tell me Browbeat is bad.
I decree that henceforth whenever this card triggers, its controller must shout "IT'S TIME TO PLAY THE FEUD!"

LOL!  A deathtouch deck could possibly use this.

University of Charleston School of Pharmacy, Class of 2016

My Peasant Cube: A Cube for the Commoners

No, not for aesthetic reasons.

R&D have design rules that, among other things, specify the minimum font size for rules text. Make Guild Feud any longer and they'll break that rule.
Still blessed by Julia of Hillsdown. M:tG Rules Adviser You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
Seems like a fun casual card.
Wrong set, imo. This card wants to be Gruul!
D&D rules were never meant to exist without the presence of a DM. RAW is a lie.

Lol, yeah. But Standard isn't the only format ya know.