Drana Tribal vampire

10 posts / 0 new
Last post

I have run this deck for well over a year now and it has changed many times, I am looking to get some input from people as to what can be changed or some cards i haven't thought of, the goal of the deck is usually to buff up or equip drana and win with general damage, although i have a pretty strong set of creatures and win conditions to fall back on if my opponents shut down drana. thanks in advance for input.

General

Drana, Kalastria Bloodchief

Pulse Tracker
Viscera Seer
Quag Vampires
Vampire Hexmage
Blood Artist
Gatekeeper of Malakir
Blood Seeker
Kalastria Highborn
Bloodhusk Ritualist
Vampire Nighthawk
Captivating Vampire
Nirkana Cutthroat
Pawn of Ulamog
Vampire Nocturnus
Sangromancer
Mirri the Cursed
Bloodline Keeper
Anowen, the Ruin Sage
Bloodlord of Vaasgoth
Malkir Bloodwitch
Nirkana Revenant
Ascendant Evincar
Butchur of Malakir
Kalitas, Bloodchief of Ghet

Draw/Tutors
Diabolic Tutor
Beseech the Queen
Diabolic Revelation
Increasing Ambition
Mind's Eye
Crystal Ball
Sign in Blood

equipment
Basalisk Collar
Blade of the Bloodchief
Lashwrithe
Swiftfoot Boots
Quietus Spike
Strata Scythe
Sword of Feast and Famine
Nightmare Lash
Lightning Greaves
Champion's Helm
Sword of Vengeance

removal
Urge to Feed
Consuming Vapors
Plague Wind
Life's Finale
Go For the Throat
Feast of Blood
Oblivion Stone
Decree of pain
Chainers Edict

other fun shennanigans
Polluted Bonds
Profane Command
Sanguine Bond
Exquisite Blood
Liliana of the Dark Realms
Caged Sun
Blood Tribute
Exsanguinate
Painful Quandary
Urza's Incubator
Beacon of Unrest
Bloodchief Ascension

land
Bojuka Bog
Leechridden Swamp
Barren Moor
Cabal Coffers
Spawning Pool
Homeward Path

There are also some cards that I have that I want to work in but am not sure if they are better than exisiting cards or I am not sure what to replace, these cards include:

[C]Guul Draz Assassin[/C]

not sure why i cant get cards to link using [ deck] and [/deck] tags, if somone could help me out with that itll make it alot easier to see whats what.
Did you try using autocarding?  I think that's what this board is geared to optimally recognize.  Try that instead:  [c-]Murder[/c] becomes Murder when you remove the -.
not sure why i cant get cards to link using [ deck] and [/deck] tags, if somone could help me out with that itll make it alot easier to see whats what.

If you want to use the deck tags you have to have an amount for each card. I'd suggest either the mana cost or just 1x.
links should all be fixed, any input on deck changes?
Some of your vampires seem weak (1/1 no evasion) maybe [C]Coat of Arms[/C] could help. But make sure no one else is playing a tribal deck. 

Since you have so much life gain, [C]Necropotence[/C] is a good choice (in case you have a copy or are willing to buy one) 

[C]Sorin Markov[/C] fits the theme + has a brutal ability. 

If you're planning on winning by commander damage, then [C]Whispersilk Cloak[/C] is a must.
 Necropetence is a great card I held off on it because the deck didnt have that much lifegain although in light of recent changes I think it deserves a spot, being able to refill your hand every turn would be great.
I purposely don't have Sorin Markov or Sorin's Vengeance in the deck, although it is a fun combo to pull off in standard I dont care for it in EDH, it feels cheap. Whispersilk cloak would make for a good addition to the deck and definately helps with the main idea of the deck, I will add one right away.  Coat of arms i run in my goblin deck and its fun, but this deck is fairly light on creatures and i feel like to much potential is there for it to help other players as much as me.
Here is my own vamp deck(Olivia Voldaren as commander) to give you some ideas, even though you can't use the red cards in my deck.  I would also second Necropotence, as it combos with Vampire Nocturnus much better in your deck than mine(doesn't stop me from using it still, though); you can use the ability to always insure you have a black card on top.  To avoid any instants of discarding, it might not be a bad idea to put in a Reliquary Tower, Spellbook or Library of Leng.

I would drop Nirkana Cutthroat, as the level up cost is too inefficient(Guul Draz Assassin is good, though, PARTICULARLY for a mono-black deck) as well as Pulse Tracker, Blood Seeker and a few other less utilitarian vamps to make room for the following; Falkenrath Noble, Skeletal Vampire, Dark Impostor, Bloodghast or Baron SengirSoul Collector and Viscera Seer are also good considerations.  Finally, so that this isn't entirely creature advice(lol), put in a Black Sun's Zenith if the deck isn't too budgety...that will allow you to wipe the board of indestructibles(Drana and Liliana will only be able to do so much, after all...).
Black Market. I cannot say enough good things about this card. It ramps you so hard if there is even one creature deck at the table. Just wrath and drop Drana. Having the market feed you mana for Drana's ability makes it silly easy to keep the board clear.
There were a ton of great red vampires released in the insestrad block.  with olivia commanding, you gain access to a number of amazng cards, like Urabrask The Hidden, Falkenrath Marauders, Stormkirk Captain, and Rakish Heir
Sign In to post comments