Neverwinter adventures

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Any word on when some Neverwinter adventures will be published for the Neverwinter Campaign setting?  Seems to be lacking...

Coulvan
I don't think there was much of a plan for moduals after the setting book.

You may want to look at some of the Living Forgotten Realms moduals that are availible for download.
At least 1/2 a dozen of them are less then a weeks ride from Neverwinter.  
The sea looks at the stabillity of the mountian and sighs. The mountian watches the freedom of the sea and cries.
First, there are a number of Neverwinter adventures that are in the Dungeon Magazine if you have DDI. LFR is creating a series of NEW adventures in the Neverwinter setting but the progress of LFR has slowed over the last year. Keep watching their LFR site.
Dungeon 193 has the adventures Shards of Selûne and The Gauntlgrym Gambit set in Neverwinter region.
Any word on when some Neverwinter adventures will be published for the Neverwinter Campaign setting?

I believe WotC is done with that setting. Available adventures include:
- Gauntlgrym Gambit
- That Which Never Sleeps
- Halls of Undermountain

Hardcopy (but not normally available) adventures include:
- Gates of Neverdeath
- Lost Crown of Neverwinter
- Forge of the Dawn Titan
- Talon of Umberlee

Other possible resources:
- Gardmore Abbey could serve as Helm's Hold.
- Halls of Undermountain might be useable as Gauntlgrym (with some modification).
- Neverwinter video game 
- Heroes of Neverwinter Facebook game

Are the items you list as hardcopy actually available some where?  All but gates of neverdeath are shown to be lair assault or encounters.  I thought these were not available for purchase?
My favourite is Shards of Selûne. It's one of my favourite DDi adventures for 4E.

Are the items you list as hardcopy actually available some where?  All but gates of neverdeath are shown to be lair assault or encounters.  I thought these were not available for purchase?

They're not available legally but easy enough to find - except for Gates of Neverdeath: I simply cannot find it.

If you have access to 2E Dungeon magazines I would recommend the fifth adventure in the Mere of Dead Men series - Eye of Myrkul - for conversion to 4E. I think it would work perfectly with the Thayan schemes in Neverwinter particularly if you accept the premise that the skull of Chardansearavitriol has the power to animate the bones of the black dragon that the Thayans have.

One of the best things about the Neverwinter Campaign Guide is that it comes with a wonderful regional map with a variety of terrain types. I've just spent five minutes matching a few DDi adventures to locations on the regional map:

City

Cross City Race, 176
Web of Chains, 168 (The Chasm)

Conyberry

Lord of the White Field, 184

Mere of Dead Men

Battle of the Witchlight Hermitage, 191
The Sunken Tower of the Marsh Mystic, 186

Mount Hotenow

Heathen, 155

Old Owl Well

The Slaying Stone

Sharantar

The Dark Heart of Mithrendain, 157
Force of Nature, 190

Xinlenal

Leader of the Pack, 194
Remains of the Empire, 165
The Spiral Gate, 180

With a bit more time I think I could find more and I am sure there are a lot of LFR adventures that could be adapted to the city or the surrounds.

Cheers Imruphel aka Scrivener of Doom
In case anyone is interested, I'm working on a post on my FR blog providing brief details of features on the Neverwinter regional map plus some other features from maps of the region from earlier editions. There are some adventure hooks and brief notes on using published adventures already but I will probably add more over the course of the weekend.

The link is: my-realms.blogspot.com/2012/09/neverwint...
Cheers Imruphel aka Scrivener of Doom
LFR will offer 3 Neverwinter adventures, sometime in late fall or early winter. (They are still in development.)  They will be posted on the www.livingforgottenrealms.com website (free downloads) with the rest of the LFR adventures.  BTW, the three Waterdeep adventures I developed plus others have been posted there. You do not have to be a RPGA member to download adventures now.

Keith
Keith Hoffman LFR Writing Director for Waterdeep
Sign In to post comments