antkour : CW, PI, CL, OD, DP
N00bGamerIsN00b : PI, OD, AW, PK, CL
Soratami : ED, AW, DP, GG, PI
 tripp2300
aaronjoncheney : BoF, OD, CW, GG, ED
pocketcriminal : ED, AW, CW, PK, OD
speedy92286 : PK, CL, DP, PI, GG
crysus89 : PK, AW, OD, DP, ED

Most PS3 users of this forum are playing a LEAGUE so is gonna be hard playing 2 tourneys at the same time.

Oh hypocrisy! A World full of n00bs indeed!

That league isn't accepting new members right now, though, so I'm up for it.

I suggest random decks for every single matchup, and a maximum deck size of 61 cards so that Dream Puppets isn't at even more of a disadvantage than it already is.  Playing mill against someone with 70 cards is like playing Chandra against someone with 30 life; it's strictly unfair.
I'm in if it goes.
I suggest random decks for every single matchup

Agree with this (Or three randomly chosen decks per player).

a maximum deck size of 61 cards

Absolutely disagree with this. If someone wants to butcher their deck with over 61 cards, let them.
Close your eyes. Fly away. In the land where dreams, all are true. IMAGE(http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb374/distilledpoizn/StupidJefferson.jpg)

Absolutely disagree with this. If someone wants to butcher their deck with over 61 cards, let them.

I agree in general, but the thing is that if you randomly get assigned Dream Puppets and your opponent is playing 90 cards, you'll have an unfair disadvantage (unless you're running my DP build, which doesn't use Mill as its win condition

I agree in general, but the thing is that if you randomly get assigned Dream Puppets and your opponent is playing 90 cards, you'll have an unfair disadvantage (unless you're running my DP build, which doesn't use Mill as its win condition

Traumatize.

I don't think anyone really should be able to tell people how many cards they can run.

-For each match we choose a deck. (For example, in the quarter finals, I choose Goblin Gangland, so for all of the quarter finals matches from 3-5 I use Goblin Gangland)

Don't like that rule too much. Most match-ups are lop-sided and if you play up to three wins with two skilled players using just one deck the favoured deck should always be the winner.

I say make the decks random but you have to use every deck before you can use another deck twice...or you have to use two other decks before you can swith back to your first deck....I just like the idea of playing and using different decks so something along those lines is my suggestion.

I wouldn't mind going into the games with completely random decks. If you get a bad matchup its cool as th odds are it wil lgo both ways in the long haul and making people use different decks will add lots of variety and fun to the game.

If this goes I have a guy that will play as well....psn is ozarkbuck420

I'll tell him I enlisted him later...

So who is up for this so far:

• LOGANPL

• DroneOn

• killabkilled

• ozarkbuck420

• fma

• DistilledPoison

That could make 6.....I'd prefer going for 16 but 8 will be fine as well....
Deck size isn't too big of a deal for me personally, like I said, since it only really affects DP and I still manage to get wins (I actually don't even run Traumatize!)

My PSN is zerodrone, hope this takes off.  If not, feel free to friend me for some matches anyway.
I'm up for it, sounds fun.
psn is kj_brigante
So we have 7 people, nice.
Later today i will post more info.
Count me in if you have a spot for one more. I'd prefer random decks each game and no limit on deck size. Psn: antkour
Count me in too, i'm N00bGamerIsN00b.

I'm down, if it's done how I think it is. Matches are a best two out of three, correct? And a different deck for every round in the match? Randomized completely at the start of tournament would be good. Say we have 16. That comes to a total of 15 possible rounds for the winner and runner up. If this takes place once the expansion is out, that's perfect. You could possbly use every deck if the matches all go 2-1, and winning 2-0 now comes with an advantage, as you will have more options going into later matches, and your opponent won't know your only three decks should you make the finals. Most of all, it's completely fair and prevents spamming of one deck.

EDIT: My bad, a 16 player means the max number of decks used is 12, it would take a massive 32 player for the 15 to be in effect. Still, 12 ain't bad, and you get to leave out 3 decks you suck with. We all have them.  
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.

It’s good to see that so many people Got interested.

Let’s wait for about 2-3 days, maybe we will get 16 people to join.

About the deck choices, I will suggest 2 methods (most of you play in the league, so that’s why I wanted to give the opportunity of choosing a deck).

1.     Small deck rotation

-For each match we choose a deck (for example in quarter finals I choose Goblin Gangland so all of the quarter final matches are played by me with GG)

2 Large Deck rotation is basically having a different deck for each match of a round.

1. LOGANPL
2. zerodrone
3. killabkilled
4. ozarkbuck420
5. fma
6. DistilledPoison
7. kj_brigante
8. antkour

9. N00bGamerIsN00b
10. Karstien

Karstien, We play up to three wins. Possible scores are 3-0, 3-1, 3-2.

I prefer large deck rotation for reasons stated earlier. If someone plays goblins vs Jace 3 matches in a row and can't change decks, that's an auto-win for goblins.
I think we need a rule to make deck choices different each round. Someone shouldn't be allowed to choose goblins each round. It takes away from the diversity of the game. So either choose three decks for the tourny that you will cycle through (you mustu se all three before using a deck twice) or simply choose any random deck but you can only use a deck one round in the game. SO once you use goblins you can't use it again.

I support using the same deck 3 times vs an opponent. It helps avoid fluke wins and allows you to see how two well wonstructed decks work against one another. If you get a bad matchup, it stinks but there are quite a few bad/favorable matchups in this game. By choosing three decks it removes some of that randomenss and allows you to stategize and tailor fit your deck to your opponents choices.

All in all, I played in two tournys now where we chose 3 decks and I love it. It adds strategy and balance to the game and removes a bit of randomness in favor of a bit of skill.

Logan, your first post says this:

"-We play up to three wins (the best of 3)"

and your last post says this:

"Karstien, We play up to three wins. Possible scores are 3-0, 3-1, 3-2."

The best of 3 would have scores of 2-0 or 2-1 and a best out of 5 would have scores of 3-0, 3-1, 3-2.

So will this be a best out of three or a best out of 5....

Five could create conflicts if someone ends up running ED vs CL.....as just one game can easily go 30 minutes plus....In fact, in the ipad tourny that happened with me and psmoore...two games took about 50 minutes to complete...

I support best of 3 but I will play the best of 5 as well

We just need to remember that scheduling can be an issue in these types of things and we need to find windows where both players are available...
2 Large Deck rotation is basically having a different deck for each match of a round.
In this methods you cant play the same deck in one round. For example:

You play first round vs player X
 first match you choose GG
 second match you choose OB(you cant choose GG again in the same round)
 third match you cant choose OB and GG

Sorry, me mistake i think about the best of 5.

Aside from the logistics of timing 5 games with someone I kind of like the idea of using 5 different decks per round vs someone!

I'm in for whatever though.

I still think completely random is the best, but I don't much care either way, as long as each round is either completely random or forced deck-switching like you're suggesting.

yeah im down with the changing decks each round make it a bit more fun good thing were doin tournies now im was gettin bored playing people who didnt know how to play! I need a challenge haha!!!!

i will join. sounds like a bit of fun.
Avenger of Zendikar is not game... Got a question as to whether a card without shroud or hexproof is good? Answer is, dies to removal. "Control Slivers"
I would like to play.  Sign me up if there's room!
The best thing about having random decks would be that it would simply be more interesting.  You'd see matchups you rarely ever see (unless you play random anyway, which I do).  You'd see underplayed decks like Pack Instinct, which probably almost nobody would use if they were choosing decks (even though it's a good deck).
Add please. Pocketcriminal is my psn.

Will be on around 10pm or 11pm est. Playing all night.

Prepare to be sprayed with my mana.

Thnx.
1. LOGANPL
2. zerodrone
3. killabkilled
4. ozarkbuck420
5. fma
6. DistilledPoison
7. kj_brigante
8. antkour
9. N00bGamerIsN00b
10. Karstien
11 tripp2300
12 aaronjoncheney
13 pocketcriminal

We need 3 more!!!!!
I think a vote on how the deck managing goes is in order. I for one fully support randomizing 3 decks for each match, posting them here before it takes place and playing them in any order. It will lead to more strategy, and less deck spamming. (how fast can you say goblin gangland three times?)
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
I'm in as well. Let me know the times you guys are going to play. I can't be on TOO late since I get up super early but I will try my best to be accomendating.
I'm with Karstien for deckrandomization 
Deck Randomization for me too.

im in my psn is crysus89 im on all the time good luck guys
1. LOGANPL
2. zerodrone
3. killabkilled
4. ozarkbuck420
5. fma
6. DistilledPoison
7. kj_brigante
8. antkour
9. N00bGamerIsN00b
10. Karstien
11 tripp2300
12 aaronjoncheney
13 pocketcriminal
14 speedy92286
15 crysus89

Looks like we have room for one more if we are doing a straight up tournamnet....

TS, will you be creating a Challonge for this tournament?
I think a vote on how the deck managing goes is in order. I for one fully support randomizing 3 decks for each match, posting them here before it takes place and playing them in any order. It will lead to more strategy, and less deck spamming. (how fast can you say goblin gangland three times?)

So in the first round I list three decks and during the 5 game match I have to cycle through those three decks? Can't use a deck a second time until I pick the other two?

And then during the next round I get to pick 3 more decks? Can these be the same as the previous round or must they be different until I have cycled through all of the decks?

So in the first round I list three decks and during the 5 game match I have to cycle through those three decks? Can't use a deck a second time until I pick the other two?

And then during the next round I get to pick 3 more decks? Can these be the same as the previous round or must they be different until I have cycled through all of the decks?

It's best of five? Okay, five decks then, not three. And no, you randomize. Then the next five for the next matchup. I'm sure somebody won't mind randomizing everybodes decks for them, there are plenty ways to do it. It will take more work, but make the tournament more competetive and fair. 

I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
we nee to finalize the rules an make it clear so every on can uner stand.
I have no problem with someone telling me the decks I have to use. That would be the most fair way to do it.
Actually I think the decks should be randomized completely.  As in, if it's best of 5 (I think best of 3 is fine, but whatever) then every round you play a deck at random chosen from all 10.  You might get the same deck more than once per round, but you'd rarely get the same MATCHUP twice (1/100 chance of that happening).
Actually I think the decks should be randomized completely.  As in, if it's best of 5 (I think best of 3 is fine, but whatever) then every round you play a deck at random chosen from all 10.  You might get the same deck more than once per round, but you'd rarely get the same MATCHUP twice (1/100 chance of that happening).

That's good, but it's a little too random, as we all have our 'specialty' decks we are best with. If we pick get five to choose between, then there is a tactical element in it. Do you play your strongest right off the bat and go for the quick wins to be certain of going through before the bad decks, or do you risk it to see if you can scrape one with them first?
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White

That's good, but it's a little too random, as we all have our 'specialty' decks we are best with. If we pick get five to choose between, then there is a tactical element in it. Do you play your strongest right off the bat and go for the quick wins to be certain of going through before the bad decks, or do you risk it to see if you can scrape one with them first?

As this is a tournament that's just for fun, I want to do the thing that's most fun/interesting: pure random matchups.  I always pick a random deck when I play, and every deck can beat every other deck.

In this environment, you can never be certain - or even very close to certain - of winning based purely on which deck you choose.  I'd say that the only deck which can be across-the-board a gamewinner is Crosswinds, and even that can fall to Goblins if they draw an early Piledriver and you don't draw a Rite of Replication or other way of dealing with it.