1st Expansion Comes Out Next Week?

38 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ok, here is why I think this.

A. DotP came out 3 weeks before M13, a clear tie-in (I mean they made a whole deck based around Exalted, M13's "new" mech)

B. Next Tuesday is 3 weeks before Return to Ravnica

C. They already said the decks are named after the guilds in Ravnica... another clear tie-in.

This is just a wild guess but there is some truth here. 
Read first few words of topic title, got enthusiastic about possible official statement that expansion would be released, saw question mark, *sadface*

No but you're right, everything points towards a release next week, however, as I pointed out in another thread, some sources now mention "this fall" as the expected release date. Although they could just mean september by saying so, this still worries me because we still haven't heard anything from Wizards for the last couple of weeks now and we're 7 days away from the rumoured release. I'll be very happy if we get the new decks next week, but I'll be very disappointed if we don't get to play them by the end of september.
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
I'm sorry but this thread is pointless and misleading. All of your points have been expressed in other threads. We have no idea when the expansion is coming out and neither does Stainless because they would have announced it during PAX Prime.

I believe what's holding up the expansion is the patch that they are including with the expansion. We already have the data for the decks in the game so that can't be the issue. I think it's dumb to tie an expansion release with a patch.
Let's all just agree on "very soon" ok. no more questions and be patient :P.
I am White/Black
I am White/Black
I'm both orderly and selfish. I act mostly for my own benefit, but I respect and help my community - Specially when it helps me. At best, I'm loyal and dedicated; at worst, I'm elitist and shrewd.
If it doesn't come out next week, it will just take a back seat to Borderlands 2 when it is finally released.
If it's not out until fall, we've got at least 3 weeks to wait. 

Still unsure what the big secrecy is about if it's already on the disk.  We know when Halo 4 is coming out, but not when they are releasing DLC which needs way way more hype than an A list game like Halo.  Making it a big secret doesn't get the hype machine running guys.  If you don't know when you'll release it, that is an even bigger problem.
Im going to coin a phrase used by a blizzard rep now Soon™  i belive this best sums up when the expansion will come out

Here is the link with the definition www.wowwiki.com/Soon
I am Black/Green
I am Black/Green
I am both selfish and instinctive. I value growth and community, as long as they favour my own objectives; I enjoy nature, and I particularly enjoy watching parts of nature die. At best
If it doesn't come out next week, it will just take a back seat to Borderlands 2 when it is finally released.

Still unsure what the big secrecy is about if it's already on the disk.  We know when Halo 4 is coming out, but not when they are releasing DLC which needs way way more hype than an A list game like Halo.  Making it a big secret doesn't get the hype machine running guys.  If you don't know when you'll release it, that is an even bigger problem.

They already announced the release date at PAX, it's October 5th ;)

[0:31] - RTR OCT 5th, 2012
www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaO-bQIoO2Y

You're welcome.

PS: He may have been talking about the paper decks now that i re-watched the video, but it gives you a hint that the expansion is in fact this fall.

You're welcome.

Where did your information come from?
Can anyone confirm this?

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Now with more original content and open bar!

https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster

That's the RTR set release (Paper).
He doesn't say anything about DOTP release date, except This Fall Which is good because that has now narrowed it down to between Now and then.

BTW Just noticed Steam has the achievements. and did Spiritmonger get new art?
He doesn't say anything about DOTP release date, except This Fall Which is good because that has now narrowed it down to between Now and then.

BTW Just noticed Steam has the achievements.

Which is why i edited my post to let people know i may have been wrong Thanks for the clarification. As for the narrowing down part, it's a lot closer than the DLC for dark souls console users (me). I've yet to understand why a company who makes video games for console users has decided to make their customers wait until winter when PC users have the full package on day 1 of their release.

BTW Just noticed Steam has the achievements.

Which is why i edited my post to let people know i may have been wrong Thanks for the clarification. As for the narrowing down part, it's a lot closer than the DLC for dark souls console users (me). I've yet to understand why a company who makes video games for console users has decided to make their customers wait until winter when PC users have the full package on day 1 of their release.

Laziness and customer support not paying attention, We are going through a phase where it's expensive to update games because of XBOX Live and PSN's extortionate uploading fees and companies attempt to cut costs by putting there planned DLC already on disc at launch to save money. Some companies have not realised that this upsets the consumer when people start finding the DLC or parts of it on disc or parts of the original download and it all inevitably ends up damaging there reputation.
We already know that it will be coming very soon. They already released a post stating it is coming "later this summer". This is the last month of summer. To keep their word it will have to come out this month.

Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 Expansion 

IMAGE(https://www.mediafire.com/convkey/eb11/anyarpxhyntrzn86g.jpg)

We already know that it will be coming very soon. They already released a post stating it is coming "later this summer". This is the last month of summer. To keep their word it will have to come out this month.

If you watch the youtube video i linked they have stated it's being released this fall, therefore it can't be out before the summer ends unfortunately. Besides they wouldn't let magic 2013 customers enjoy the DLC release before the release of the paper deck, that would be too generous of them ;)
It is also possible that WOTC aren't pedantic about the definitions of "Summer" and "Fall" and it will be out this month, which is techinically Summer, but the person in the video said "Fall" because most people think of September as being a Fall month.
It is also possible that WOTC aren't pedantic about the definitions of "Summer" and "Fall" and it will be out this month, which is techinically Summer, but the person in the video said "Fall" because most people think of September as being a Fall month.

i still don't see it being released until october 5th or sometime after.
You'll find that seasons are pretty subjective despite being clearly labeled on a calendar. I don't like to get hung up on it personally.

If you watch the youtube video i linked they have stated it's being released this fall, therefore it can't be out before the summer ends unfortunately. Besides they wouldn't let magic 2013 customers enjoy the DLC release before the release of the paper deck, that would be too generous of them ;)

That article Jpoplive posted was only just released on August 1st.  Based on that, I think the expansion will be released prior to September ending.
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.

Wizards official spokesperson says summer.
Some guy in a youtube video says fall.

I'll go with the former thanks.
When I buy the dlc do I also have to pay to unlock the decks as well or do they come fully unlocked since we are purchasing the dlc?
When I buy the dlc do I also have to pay to unlock the decks as well or do they come fully unlocked since we are purchasing the dlc?

Most likely you will still have to play to unlock or pay to unlock. But the promo cards should be unlocked when the decks are unlocked.

This $10 game is quickly turning into a $100 game for me runnign it on two systems and paying to unlock the cards... lol

How much is the dlc, around $10?
Historically it's always been $5.00 so I'm sure that trend will continue.  The game, including extra content, runs you about $25ish per year so if you're buying it twice, it's more like in the $50s?  I'm doing the same thing though playing on Steam and Xbox although I'm pretty frustrated right now with the Xbox version since it deleted all of my decks, cards and progress.
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
Unlocking 5 decks isn't too bad, I manually unlocked the 10 we have now very quickly (several of the Encounters are good for this).

Also keep in mind that not everybody will pay to unlock the full decks, so you can play online and probably get some wins with the core decks anyway.  Part of the fun of the game (for me) is playing the decks and slowly making them better and better.  Like leveling up in an RPG.
Historically it's always been $5.00 so I'm sure that trend will continue.  The game, including extra content, runs you about $25ish per year so if you're buying it twice, it's more like in the $50s?  I'm doing the same thing though playing on Steam and Xbox although I'm pretty frustrated right now with the Xbox version since it deleted all of my decks, cards and progress.

I fully unlocked 10 decks on two systems = $20 and $20 for the game on two systems and now the DLC and 5 unlocks on two systems = $20 more.

That really isn't bad at all though considering I am running it on two different systems and the amount of time spent playing it.

Wil lI be able to pay to unlock the new decks when they first come out? *crosses fingers*

Unlocking 5 decks isn't too bad, I manually unlocked the 10 we have now very quickly (several of the Encounters are good for this).

Also keep in mind that not everybody will pay to unlock the full decks, so you can play online and probably get some wins with the core decks anyway.  Part of the fun of the game (for me) is playing the decks and slowly making them better and better.  Like leveling up in an RPG.

A lot of people I talk to like that as well but for me, I got "grinding" burn out from the Mass Effect 3 store system which was absolutely HORRENDOUS beyond belief. So for $1 I simply refuse to grind out. The fun for me is not in unlocking cards but in building the best deck I can for use in 1v1 and 2HG and using them. But if you enjoy the unlocks power to you

If it was easier to grind I would do it too but  I don't know, 1 card every ten minutes of gameplay to unlock 30 cards = 300 minutes = 5 hours for one deck and 25 hours for all 5....that is a lot of time spent just unlocking decks...
And that's even assuming you win every match.  I mean, you'll win most of them but there's always the possibility of a bad draw.  Playing against the Encounters make it even more likely to win though.
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!

[0:31] - RTR OCT 5th, 2012
www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaO-bQIoO2Y

You're welcome.

PS: He may have been talking about the paper decks now that i re-watched the video, but it gives you a hint that the expansion is in fact this fall.

That's the release date for paper magic! Derp, derp derp!
Yak Cast - MMO Podcast: http://yak.mmoSmackTalk.com Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/yakmmosmacktalk Follow me on Facebook: http://facebook.com/YakCast
Laziness and customer support not paying attention, We are going through a phase where it's expensive to update games because of XBOX Live and PSN's extortionate uploading fees and companies attempt to cut costs by putting there planned DLC already on disc at launch to save money. Some companies have not realised that this upsets the consumer when people start finding the DLC or parts of it on disc or parts of the original download and it all inevitably ends up damaging there reputation.

Sony and MS don't charge based on upload size. Not in the sense that putting your DLC in the initial package would save you any money, anyway. Putting it in the original package does ensure that people who don't buy the DLC can still play against people who do without needing to download a giant voluntary content update to get the assets. Look up what happened to Mortal Kombat and their DLC if you need a good example of how not putting it on the disc can cause major problems.
This $10 game is quickly turning into a $100 game for me runnign it on two systems and paying to unlock the cards... lol

How much is the dlc, around $10?

IGN says $5: http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/09/01/magic-the-gathering-2013-expansion-details

A lot of people I talk to like that as well but for me, I got "grinding" burn out from the Mass Effect 3 store system which was absolutely HORRENDOUS beyond belief. So for $1 I simply refuse to grind out. The fun for me is not in unlocking cards but in building the best deck I can for use in 1v1 and 2HG and using them. But if you enjoy the unlocks power to you

If it was easier to grind I would do it too but  I don't know, 1 card every ten minutes of gameplay to unlock 30 cards = 300 minutes = 5 hours for one deck and 25 hours for all 5....that is a lot of time spent just unlocking decks...

Well, I had tips, but kinda pointless if you've already unlocked everything.

Jesus Christ, another stupidly missleading thread title.
Jesus Christ, another stupidly missleading thread title.

Not to be rude or anything, but the question mark makes it clear this isn't an announcement. If you don't pay attention to punctuation, you can hardly blame the OP for his thread, pointless as it may be. 

I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
So.... Would people be more pissed if I made a new thread declaring the release date as next week...?
Or would you be more pissed if/when it didn't happen?
So.... Would people be more pissed if I made a new thread declaring the release date as next week...?
Or would you be more pissed if/when it didn't happen?

You would get more people mad at you if you declared it as next week.

Well, I had tips, but kinda pointless if you've already unlocked everything.

Well and expansion is coming so tips are most welcome.

When I play JAce I always run goblins and win in about 5 minutes in the campaign. That is a quick way to unlock that deck....

And that's even assuming you win every match.  I mean, you'll win most of them but there's always the possibility of a bad draw.  Playing against the Encounters make it even more likely to win though.

This was also my first magic experience so I wasn't very good when I started. I had no clue what was going on. I remember first looking at a panoptic mirror and reading it and was a little confused and thought "what is this junk, I don't need that, I need more birds to attack with" LOL
..."window.parent.tinyMCE.get('post_content').onLoad.dispatch();" contenteditable="true" />Well and expansion is coming so tips are most welcome.

Play Encounters and design your deck specifically so that you only have cards that help you beat the encounters. For example, Jace can beat Face of the Ghoulcaller on turn 4-5 guaranteed with Telemin Performance and on turn 3 with Grindstone. Fill out the deck with things that are a backup plan and try to have one of those three cards in your opening hand.

Likewise, when I stomped the Pyromancers with Garruk over and over, I took out all the cards that are useless against that deck, such as Sentinel Spider and Indrik Stomphowler

So basically with the expansion it will be 'find the right Encounter and strip the deck of everything that doesn't make you win.
I know Mindstorms will be Pyromancers for example. Get a Razorfin Hunter/Gelectrode in play to ping Pyromancers every turn then the rest of the deck can kill the opponent. Also, you always go first against the Pyromancers and they don't start playing cards until after your third turn.

i spoke to wizard they state dont belive what u hear at pax prime to follow there site