Sacrifice

6 posts / 0 new
Last post

Hello, I am a little confused about how the "Sacrifice" ability works and reading FAQ/Help did not clarified it for me (I am not that dumb, its just confusing a little ) so my question is:

When I declare an attack (3/3) and creature blocks, it can be sacrified but the block wont come into effect so the damage (3) will be delt to a player, right?

Meaning when a creature attack I can either sacrifice a creature or block with it. I cant block and sacrifice it (at the same time) without the damage being delt to me?

you can't just sacrifice a creature just because you feel like it, you need to have an effect or cost that allows you to do that

if the blocker is removed after blockers are declared the attacker is still blocked and will deal no damage (except if he has trample), which means you get no damage and if he has lifelink he will also not gain any life
proud member of the 2011 community team
Once a creature is blocked, it remains blocked for the rest of the combat, no matter what happens to its blockers. Unless it has trample or similar, it won't deal damage to the defending player.

However, if you sacrifice a creature before the combat damage step, it won't be able to deal its combat damage. So if you're blocking the 3/3 with your own 3/3 with a sacrifice ability, you won't take any damage either way, but you need to choose to either sacrifice it (and let the attacking creature live) or let them deal combat damage to each other (and thus miss out on the sacrifice ability).

if the blocker is removed after blockers are declared the attacker is still blocked and will deal no damage (except if he has trample), which means you get no damage and if he has lifelink he will also not gain any life

So when a 2/2 creature attacks and I block it with Fume Spitter I (player) will not get any damage and I can still sacrifice the spitter and put a -1/-1 token on something?

correct
do note that Fume Spitter will not deal any damage in that case
proud member of the 2011 community team
However, if you sacrifice a creature before the combat damage step, it won't be able to deal its combat damage. So if you're blocking the 3/3 with your own 3/3 with a sacrifice ability, you won't take any damage either way, but you need to choose to either sacrifice it (and let the attacking creature live) or let them deal combat damage to each other (and thus miss out on the sacrifice ability).

Thank you ;) this answers perfectly my question.