[RETIRED] [Wide Beta] Additional Beta Information

45 posts / 0 new
Last post
Wide Beta Discussion Threads
Just like we did for the sneak peak, we will have designated threads for beta feedback in order to keep the feedback organized and manageable, and also to keep the boards from being completely overwhelmed with discussion threads. Please keep all feedback about the beta in the following threads:

Collection, Deckbuilding, and Trading Cards
Finding and Playing Games
Store, Settings, and Miscellany

General Information

The wide beta will go live at 1700 UTC (1000 PDT) on 4 Sept and run until further notice. If you participated during the sneak peak, you should be able to just run the previously installed client and it will update automatically. If you participated in the closed beta, you should uninstall any beta clients you currently have installed. If you did not participate in the sneak peak or otherwise need to reinstall, you can download the client here.

During the beta period, both the old client and the beta client will be able to access the live servers. You may choose either one, or switch back and forth as often as you wish. Remember that everything you do in the beta client affects your real account.

I recommend doing some open play on the new client before joining any paid events. If you encounter any technical problems with the new client that require compensation, please file it in the normal way.

In the next post I'll try to provide some instructions for actions that are substantially different in the new client.

Magic and Magic Online Volunteer Community Lead. On Strike

I'm trying to make my official VCL posts in purple.

You posted saying my thread was moved/locked but nothing happened.

Show
Unfortunately, VCLs do not currently have the tools necessary to take moderation actions directly. VCLs submit their actions to ORCs, who then actually perform the action. This processing can take between a few minutes and several hours, depending on how busy/attentive the ORCs are.

If you see something that needs VCL attention, please use this thread to make a request and a VCL will look at it as soon as possible. CoC violations should be reported to Customer Service using the "report post" button. Please do not disrupt the thread by making requests of either kind in-thread.

General MTGO FAQ

Yes, the Shuffler is Random!
The definitive thread on the Magic Online shuffler.

Magic Math Made Easy
Draw probabilities, Swiss results, Elo ratings and booster EV

Event EV Calculator
Calculate the EV for any event with a fixed number of rounds and prizes based on record

Dual means two. A duel is a battle between two people. Lands that make two colors of mana are dual lands. A normal Magic battle is a duel.
Thanks to PhoenixLAU for the [thread=1097559]awesome avatar[/thread]!
Quotables

Show
"While a picture is worth a thousand words, each lolcat actually produces a negative wordcount." -Ith "I think "Highly Informed Sarcasm" should be our Magic Online General motto." -Ith "Sorry, but this thread seems just like spam. TT is for off-topic discussion, not no-topic discussion." -WizO_Kwai_Chang "Stop that! If you're not careful, rational thinking may catch on!" -Sax "... the only word i see that fits is incompitant." -Mr44 (sic) "You know a thread is gonna be locked when it gets to the hexadecimal stage." -Gathion "It's a good gig" - Gleemax "I tell people often, if you guys want to rant, you've certainly got the right to (provided you obey CoC/ToS stuff), and I don't even really blame you. But if you see something you think needs changing a well thought-out, constructive post does more to make that happen." - Worth Wollpert
How to build a deck and specify the format
The deck builder has been merged with the collection screen in the new client. Also, each deck is connected to a specific format.
1) Click on the collection tab
2) Click "Add Deck"
3) Fill in a deck name
4) Select a format for the deck
5) Click "OK"
6) Add cards to your deck or sideboard by dragging cards from the top (collection) screen or by right-clicking and choosing "Add N to deck" or "Add N to sideboard"
7) Decks are saved automatically

How to import a deck on your computer (*.dek, *.txt)
2) Click "Add Deck"
3) Click the "Browse" button
4) Select the deck you wish to import and click "Open"
         (the default deck path for v3 is %AppData%\Roaming\Wizards of the Coast\Magic Online.0\Decks)
5) Fill in a deck name
6) Select a format for the deck
7) Choose a deckbox picture to represent the deck
8) Click "OK"

How to change the format assigned to a deck
2) Click on the format under which the deck is currently listed
3) Right-click on the deck you wish to change
4) Select "options"
5) On the "settings" tab, choose the new format
6) Click "OK"

How to find and join an open game
1) Click PLAY
2) Click on the "Constructed Open Play" tab on the left side
3) Choose the competitiveness level (Just starting out, Just for Fun, Getting Serious, Tournament Practice)
4) Click on "My Deck" and select the deck you want to play*
5) [Optional] You may select one or more of each of Format, Set Multiplayer , Permitted Opponents and/or Allow Watchers in order to filter results. Games matching the filters that are available to join will appear at the top of the lower right panel under "Join a Game". Full games will appear under "Current/Past Games".
6) Double-click on the game you wish to join, or click and select "Details"
7) Click "Join Game"

* Note that all decks in the new client are tagged with a specific format. Even if the deck is legal in other format, the assigned format must be changed in order for the deck to be used in the new format. See How to change the format assigned to a deck above.

How to start a new open game
1) Click PLAY
2) Click on the "Constructed Open Play" tab on the left side
3) Choose the competitiveness level (Just starting out, Just for Fun, Getting Serious, Tournament Practice)
4) Click on "My Deck" and select the deck you want to play*
5) Click on "Format" and check ONE box for the format you want to play
6) [Optional] Set Multiplayer options [default: 1-on-1], Permitted Opponents [default: AnyOpponent] and/or Allow Watchers [default: yes]
7) Click "Host a New Game" at the bottom left

* Note that all decks in the new client are tagged with a specific format. Even if the deck is legal in other format, the assigned format must be changed in order for the deck to be used in the new format. See How to change the format assigned to a deck above.

Note that this area doubles as both a game filter and a game creator. When you select options here, the list of current games is filtered by your selections. To use the filter, you can select multiple boxes, but when creating a game, you need to specify just ONE setting to properly specify the game.

How to create a trade binder
Creating a trade binder is just like creating a deck! Just follow these steps:
1) Click on the Collection tab
2) Click "Add Binder" for a new binder or select an existing binder by clicking on the desired binder under the "Binder" heading on the left side under "Decks and Binders"
3) Type a Binder name, select a picture, and mark it active if you wish to make it the active binder
4) Drag cards into the binder window on the lower right or right-click and select "Add to Open Trade Binder"*

* - When a deck is open instead of a binder, there is an option to "Add to Active Trade Binder" instead.

How to mark a trade binder as active
The cards in your active binder are what other people will see when they try to trade with you. You can change the active binder in three ways:
1A) Click on the Trade tab
1B) Change the "Active Trade Binder" (lower left) to the binder you wish to use
OR
2A) Click on the Collection tab
2B) Click on "Binders" along the left side under "Deck & Binders" to show the binder list
2C) Right-click on the desired binder and choose "Options"
2D) Click "Make Active"
OR
3) A binder can be marked as active when it is first created (see above)

How to detach chat into separate windows
1) Click on the tab for the chat and drag it into open space

How to dock chat windows into the main client window
1) Click on the chat tab and drag it to the dock button corresponding to the side you want to dock it to

How to view exiled/revealed cards and shields
These are normally hidden in the new client. To view these zones, do the following:
1) Drag the white dotted divider on the right side to the left
2) Click on the category you want to view

How to determine what the target(s) of a spell/ability are
1) Mouse over the spell/ability. The target(s) will have red triangle on each side of the card.

How to stream your experience with xsplit
In order for xsplit to capture the new client windows, you need to go into your xsplit settings and check "Capture layered windows".

Show
Unfortunately, VCLs do not currently have the tools necessary to take moderation actions directly. VCLs submit their actions to ORCs, who then actually perform the action. This processing can take between a few minutes and several hours, depending on how busy/attentive the ORCs are.

If you see something that needs VCL attention, please use this thread to make a request and a VCL will look at it as soon as possible. CoC violations should be reported to Customer Service using the "report post" button. Please do not disrupt the thread by making requests of either kind in-thread.

General MTGO FAQ

Magic Math Made Easy

Event EV Calculator
Calculate the EV for any event with a fixed number of rounds and prizes based on record

Dual means two. A duel is a battle between two people. Lands that make two colors of mana are dual lands. A normal Magic battle is a duel.
Quotables

Show
"While a picture is worth a thousand words, each lolcat actually produces a negative wordcount." -Ith "I think "Highly Informed Sarcasm" should be our Magic Online General motto." -Ith "Sorry, but this thread seems just like spam. TT is for off-topic discussion, not no-topic discussion." -WizO_Kwai_Chang "Stop that! If you're not careful, rational thinking may catch on!" -Sax "... the only word i see that fits is incompitant." -Mr44 (sic) "You know a thread is gonna be locked when it gets to the hexadecimal stage." -Gathion "It's a good gig" - Gleemax "I tell people often, if you guys want to rant, you've certainly got the right to (provided you obey CoC/ToS stuff), and I don't even really blame you. But if you see something you think needs changing a well thought-out, constructive post does more to make that happen." - Worth Wollpert
Reserved

Show

General MTGO FAQ

Magic Math Made Easy

Event EV Calculator

Quotables

Show
I've filled out most of what I think are the big changes in post #2. If anyone thinks I've missed anything (especially closed-beta people), please let me know. Also, if you have any trouble finding something or figuring out how to do something, please ask below and I or another beta tester will try to help you.

Show

General MTGO FAQ

Magic Math Made Easy

Event EV Calculator

Quotables

Show
Looking for a thread to talk about things that might be bugs, but all the threads say DO NOT POST BUGS.

So, where can I do this?
Looking for a thread to talk about things that might be bugs, but all the threads say DO NOT POST BUGS.

So, where can I do this?

Hi andoru. If you have a bug to report, please go through the normal Customer Support system so it can be automatically filed. We had a bug thread for the Sneak Peek, but it became a bit messy from constant copy-pasting of long error messages and things of that sort. Filing bugs in the Customer Support system will not only let everyone give all their crash/bug details in full, but it will keep reports way more organized.

(I'll edit the feedback threads to reflect this as well)

Sean Gibbons

Associate Community Manager

Official MTG Twitter: @Wizards_Magic Official MTGO Twitter: @MagicOnline

Well, that's not really acceptable - I don't want to just submit bugs into CS, but I'd like to actually discuss them here on the boards. The CS site is awful, I'd rather just assume that someone else has already reported the bug (as I can't even see what's been reported already - here on the boards I can do that at least).

I'm just got a weird lockup, the game window didn't display my library so I could choose a land from a fetchland. I couldn't press OK, couldn't concede, couldn't even close the window. My opponent says similar things have happened when trying to trade.

Is there any official statement on compensation given for events affected by bugs in the new client? I wouldn't like to get one of these lockups during drafting, for example, and then be told something like "hey, it's beta software, it goes without saying there will be bugs and that's just the risk you took by using that client".
Does anyone know what the default file path for the beta client launcher is in Windows 7?  I use a naga razer mouse and have many of the shortcut keys bound to the thumb pad for quicker play.  However, my settings from the original client don't work on the beta, and I can't set up a new profile for the beta without knowing where beta.exe is.
Well, that's not really acceptable - I don't want to just submit bugs into CS, but I'd like to actually discuss them here on the boards. The CS site is awful, I'd rather just assume that someone else has already reported the bug (as I can't even see what's been reported already - here on the boards I can do that at least).

Maybe the programming team are running a sweep on the most times they can get the same bug reported :P
Does anyone know what the default file path for the beta client launcher is in Windows 7?  I use a naga razer mouse and have many of the shortcut keys bound to the thumb pad for quicker play.  However, my settings from the original client don't work on the beta, and I can't set up a new profile for the beta without knowing where beta.exe is.

There's no default path, it's saved under your user appdata. What you can do is run up windows task manager | processes, in view | select columns choose command line, then the location will be shown against the mtgo.exe process.

I'm just got a weird lockup, the game window didn't display my library so I could choose a land from a fetchland. I couldn't press OK, couldn't concede, couldn't even close the window. My opponent says similar things have happened when trying to trade.

Is there any official statement on compensation given for events affected by bugs in the new client? I wouldn't like to get one of these lockups during drafting, for example, and then be told something like "hey, it's beta software, it goes without saying there will be bugs and that's just the risk you took by using that client".

The more a bug is reported through the Customer Support form, the better. Even if a bug has already been reported by another player.

The Wide Beta client is covered by the same reimbursement policy as the current version of Magic Online. It can also be handled through the link I provided (here).

Sean Gibbons

Hey Sean,

I understand your point of view. You see all these paying customers and think that they are obligated make your game better. Here in reality, where I live, I am a paying customer who is not going to go out of his way to make your game better. I play this game to relax, have fun and test my skill. You want my billable hours, call my office, we can set something up.

Also, while we are at it, if you want me to fil out a bug report, make it easy to do, in the game client, show a list of known bugs, and update on when they are squashed.
Hey Sean,

I understand your point of view. You see all these paying customers and think that they are obligated make your game better. Here in reality, where I live, I am a paying customer who is not going to go out of his way to make your game better. I play this game to relax, have fun and test my skill. You want my billable hours, call my office, we can set something up.

Also, while we are at it, if you want me to fil out a bug report, make it easy to do, in the game client, show a list of known bugs, and update on when they are squashed.

You're not required to beta test.

While I agree with you on ease of reporting, a KI list and build notes, your tone is unnecessary.

Show

General MTGO FAQ

Magic Math Made Easy

Event EV Calculator

Quotables

Show
I recently tried following a link to report a non-compensation-related bug. I was brought to a page containing a wall of text in which I had to hunt around to find the link I needed to get the process started. It was all the way at the bottom. Since I'm getting old and don't visit this page very often, I can't remember this. So, depending on my patience level at the time, I'll give up before I scan all the way to the bottom of the page.

And, even getting to the page for reporting is more difficult than it should be. Its not mentioned in the Wide Beta announcement, Ryan Spain's article, the Magic Onine: Digital Games page, or the Magic Online Wide Beta: General Questions (FAQ) pages.

You can find Magic Online: Reimbursement Requests and Bug Reporting poking around in the Customer Service web. If you read long enough to notice the link at the bottom of the page, you are brought to a form that requires all sorts of information (first and last name, ID's, email) that shouldn't be required when all you want to do is let WotC know you found a problem that they might want to know about. You already have to login to fill out the form. Why make things even more difficult to be helpful by requiring this other information? Sure, its required if you want compensation, but I'm not asking for compensation.

I'm not adverse to contributing my own time to making the game a better place, but the threshold for doing so is too high. I can forgive penguinator his tone, we've been putting up with this for a long time.
Not sure if this is the right thread for this, the other's didn't seem to be appropriate...

The current client records my drafts (i.e. what I picked from each pack passed to me). Does the Beta client do this?
I don't think so. I would like that option also.

Edit: I'm also in favor of simplified bugs reporting. This feature has been requested on multiple occasions on the beta boards.
I recently tried following a link to report a non-compensation-related bug. I was brought to a page containing a wall of text in which I had to hunt around to find the link I needed to get the process started. It was all the way at the bottom. Since I'm getting old and don't visit this page very often, I can't remember this. So, depending on my patience level at the time, I'll give up before I scan all the way to the bottom of the page.

And, even getting to the page for reporting is more difficult than it should be. Its not mentioned in the Wide Beta announcement, Ryan Spain's article, the Magic Onine: Digital Games page, or the Magic Online Wide Beta: General Questions (FAQ) pages.

You can find Magic Online: Reimbursement Requests and Bug Reporting poking around in the Customer Service web. If you read long enough to notice the link at the bottom of the page, you are brought to a form that requires all sorts of information (first and last name, ID's, email) that shouldn't be required when all you want to do is let WotC know you found a problem that they might want to know about. You already have to login to fill out the form. Why make things even more difficult to be helpful by requiring this other information? Sure, its required if you want compensation, but I'm not asking for compensation.

I'm not adverse to contributing my own time to making the game a better place, but the threshold for doing so is too high. I can forgive penguinator his tone, we've been putting up with this for a long time.

I sympathize with your plight. My solution was to bookmark the form the rigaramarole leads to.

Winter.Wolf (ugh at this new forum with the ridiculous double login)

I sympathize with your plight. My solution was to bookmark the form the rigaramarole leads to.

That's the reasonable thing to do. But, the form still sucks. And, how many people have given up before finding the form to bookmark?

The only thing I use Windows for is to play Magic Online (using a VM on my Mac) . So the only time I run a Windows browser in that environment is when I need to file a bug or something like that. I don't (intentionally) keep any bookmarks or cookies or personal stuff in Windows at all. And, I occasionally throw away the VM and start with a clean one.

That's the reasonable thing to do. But, the form still sucks. And, how many people have given up before finding the form to bookmark?

The only thing I use Windows for is to play Magic Online (using a VM on my Mac) . So the only time I run a Windows browser in that environment is when I need to file a bug or something like that. I don't (intentionally) keep any bookmarks or cookies or personal stuff in Windows at all. And, I occasionally throw away the VM and start with a clean one.

Yeah running a mac changes the whole thing. Too bad mtgo doesn't run on OSx

Winter.Wolf (ugh at this new forum with the ridiculous double login)

I also agree about the bug reporting tools.

It has been asked for from Q&A, who can only do what Wotc lets them, and I have asked Wotc. We need a better bug reporting tool for in client and for testing.

As most people will tell you, if they need to do more the  a few clicks to submitt a bug, they arent going to bother.

One improvement with the New UI over past versions is, when you get a crash error now, you get the error window pop up that has all the details of the crash/error, your pc  specs are listed in this, and there is a comment  section for you to put in what you were doing at the time and  for any additional info you would like to give.

For me this is a big Plus over the old versions of the game.

Now if we can get something like that, if that is do able,  for non crashing issues and bugs I would be happy.
Its all done in game and you dont have to login to the boards account to write up a report.

-Joe

Let Wotc know that Standard Pauper needs in game support! WoTc does listen! HERE

BETA BOARDS Moderator

Want to know about the next Magic Online Player Run Events? Then click the link and check it out!

Making MTGO a better place by BETA testing!

How to apply for beta

Community Cup Player 2011

Hopefully this is an easy one to answer. How long is this Beta going to run for? I've become quite attached to it. I tried to play the old one the other day and my will to live did a blue-screen.
It should bea available until it goes live and the "old" live version goes away. You don't have to worry about it leaving.
It should bea available until it goes live and the "old" live version goes away. You don't have to worry about it leaving.

While this hasn't been stated yet, I suspect this is true. There may be brief periods where it is unavailable, but I imagine you will have the option of the new client from now on.

Show

General MTGO FAQ

Magic Math Made Easy

Event EV Calculator

Quotables

Show
Excellent, thanks guys.
For those that didn't see it, a new article has been posted by Chris Kiritz on the state of the Wide Beta, and soon to be released updates for the client. You can check it out HERE.

Sean Gibbons

I would like to hear why you don't take this new version opportunity to bring leagues back ? With all those people working on it, there should be room.  Especially seeing how many new formats are created, making leagues sounds like a very easy proces.
You advert leagues with real cards, but disabled people like me who can't leave their homes are left out (and if we dare ask we get an answer that says nothing).
I would like to hear why you don't take this new version opportunity to bring leagues back ? With all those people working on it, there should be room.  Especially seeing how many new formats are created, making leagues sounds like a very easy proces.

:facepalm:

Why would a new user interface be a good time to roll out a completely different feature with no code overlap?

Show

General MTGO FAQ

Magic Math Made Easy

Event EV Calculator

Quotables

Show
what you need
Just as i expected, an answer that says nothing and is only meant to throll the users !

Two issues have to be addressed before I keep playing post client switch:

Card renderings need to be greatly improved (foil is practically unreadable, and the text being used is so aweful I cant even begin to describe it)

Resource Usage: How can wizards justfiy this program using over 500meg of ram without even being in a match? The game is basic, designed like a game out of the late 1990's, The rendering sucks, multiplayer is practically unplayable because of field size and orientation.

I won't be spending any more money on this game till these two things are fixed.

cheers, 
The BETA is great... I cant go back to the old client...but please change the sounds...it is like the 80 arcade games sounds... make it a bit more like Duels... keep up the good work
Love the new interface and features of the Beta.
Already submited a feedback form pointing out the good, the bad and the ugly...
After all that time waiting I just had lost hope in seeing it comming out. ;)

Is there a list of patch notes somewhere to see ?
I'd like to know what improvements/new features/bug fixes each patch brings.

When there are updates, they usually announce them here. For example, last week's announcement included the following notes on the update:

This downtime contains a significant Magic Online Wide Beta build and several bug fixes.

Magic Online Wide Beta build

• Added: Open button to sealed product in collection

• Added: Collection quantity indicator has been restyled and now shows the amount of an object that is in the currently opened deck or binder

• Added: Filter 'breadcrumbs' to Collection Scene

• Added: List View to collection and trade scenes

• Added: When a player saves a limited deck, it creates and/or is added to a Limited Decks folder in Collection

• Fixed: Collection overflow controls and menu work better

• Fixed: Players can import multiple decks

• Fixed: A crash when loading collection

• Fixed: An issue that causes cards load incorrectly in Collection Scene

• Fixed: Can now target player if the player details pane in the Duel Scene is collapsed

• Fixed: Crash when disconnected from the internet

• Fixed: Crash when going to the Trade Scene

• Fixed: Crash when joining and leaving multiplayer team matches

• Fixed: Crash when loading a deck while joining a constructed match

• Fixed: Crash when logging in when there is no internet connection

• Fixed: Crash when receiving a trade request

• Fixed: Crash when taking control of an opponent's creature

• Fixed: Crash while adjusting account settings

• Fixed: Crash with card zone transition animation

• Fixed: Deadlock while importing more that 150 decks at once

• Fixed: Deadlock while opening product

• Fixed: Deadlock with Card Preview Pane

• Fixed: Deselecting a deck category also deselects any decks in that category

• Fixed: Format and Set filters are now in the right place

• Fixed: Gradient issue on multicolored cards

• Fixed: Height of search bar in Collection Scene

• Fixed: Issue that caused game client to launch slowly

• Fixed: Issue with folders/decks not loading correctly

• Fixed: Issue with players playing multiple events not transitioning to sideboard correctly

• Fixed: Modal spells on the stack now only show the selected mode(s) in blue text

• Fixed: Password field now has focus for players who have previously logged into the Wide Beta

• Fixed: Players can now see product they don't own in another players trade binder while trading

• Fixed: Race condition when creating chat channels

• Fixed: Rare crash when loading Home Scene announcements

• Fixed: Several crashes related to docking chat

• Fixed: Several crashes when trying to accept a trade request after other player becomes unavailable

• Fixed: Several crashes when viewing cards in collection

• Fixed: Trade post messages now wrap correctly

• Fixed: Trying to open a window that is already open brings that window to the foreground

• Fixed: Version filter in trade now has filters

• Fixed: View is now visible at minimum resolution

• Improved: Performance with displaying, filtering and manipulating collection

• Updated: Add Deck, Add Category, and Add Binder buttons now look like they can be clicked

• Updated: Card watermark graphics

• Updated: Certain collection filters only persist during a session and are reset on log out

• Updated: Chat docking icons

• Updated: Clear filters icon

• Updated: Collection defaults to 'Collectible'

• Updated: Collection is now left justified

• Updated: Collection slider default to 1-20+

• Updated: Creating a deck includes format logic based on card used to start deck

• Updated: Deck context menu now contains Sort, Open a New Copy of ths Deck, and Close Deck

• Updated: Deck import dialog and art

• Updated: Double-clicking buddy icon in the Home Scene starts a private chat with buddy

• Updated: Dragging cards into a deck now opens that deck

• Updated: Duel scene now remembers if it was maximized

• Updated: Improved land card frames to load faster

• Updated: Removed maximum pane size in collection

• Updated: Reset filter tool tip

• Updated: Results tool tip has been updated

• Updated: Search in collection now interprets a space as 'and'

• Updated: Search now supports and (&), or (|), not (~) as well as quotes

• Updated: Stops in Account Scene now accurately reflect defaults

• Updated: When filtering results in groups, each group has a results number

Card Rules

• Fixed: Updated the formatting of tokens created by Slime Molding to be consistent with other cards that make tokens.

• Fixed: Rakdos, Lord of Riots's casting restriction now correctly checks to see if opponents of the caster have taken damage this turn.

• Fixed: Rakdos, Lord of Riots's ability to reduce the cost of creature spells you cast now correctly checks for life loss of opponents of his current controller.

• Fixed: Damage dealt by the activated ability on Izzet Staticaster now correctly applies abilities like Deathtouch, Lifelink, and Infect.

• Fixed: The activated ability on Izzet Staticaster now correctly damages all of the assassin tokens made by Vraska the Unseen.

• Fixed: Tokens created by Vraska the Unseen no longer put triggers on the stack when dealing damage to creatures.

• Fixed: The damage from Essence Backlash no longer ignores damage redirection effects.

• Fixed: Urban Burgeoning now checks the owner of the enchantment and not the owner of the enchanted land for when to trigger.

• Fixed: Death's Presence no longer removes counters when a creature with less than 0 power dies.

• Fixed: Azor's Elocutors upkeep trigger now correctly checks on resolution that they still have five or more counters on them before winning the game.

• Fixed: Aven Mindcensor will correctly limit opponents' Scapeshift to searching the top four cards.

When there are updates, they usually announce them here

Awesome!

Thanks for the quick reply.  

Where?
"ForestDrake, CONNOISSEUR OF CRYPTIC WRITTINGS !" After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F

Where?

They are saved on the server and associated with your account. They will always be there when you login.
So we'll no longer be able to edit decks offline with this version?
Or open a new deck in V3?

EDIT: OK, I see it Saves as a Netdeck I can open in V3. At least that's something...

"ForestDrake, CONNOISSEUR OF CRYPTIC WRITTINGS !" After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F
So we'll no longer be able to edit decks offline with this version?
Or open a new deck in V3?

EDIT: OK, I see it Saves as a Netdeck I can open in V3. At least that's something...

IM not sure how its doing it but I just open the beta version, with out login. open a deck and edited it.  made a new deck too.
So you can edit and make new decks with out being login on the client. 

Let Wotc know that Standard Pauper needs in game support! WoTc does listen! HERE

BETA BOARDS Moderator

Want to know about the next Magic Online Player Run Events? Then click the link and check it out!

Making MTGO a better place by BETA testing!

How to apply for beta

Community Cup Player 2011

IM not sure how its doing it but I just open the beta version, with out login. open a deck and edited it.  made a new deck too.
So you can edit and make new decks with out being login on the client. 

So they've got to be stored locally SOMEWHERE, right?
This is wierd. I can edit my deck offline in the beta which would suggest that it's saved on my computer but when I search for the deck file it only shows me the v3 version save. Does anyone know where they are stored (in the beta besides the cloud saves)?
Well, I have run into yet another bit of a quirk.  In the beta client I have created a couple of decks specifically in that client, not imported from the regular one.  I created a Momir deck several days back.  I played with that deck in one of the 4 round Momir tourneys.  Yesterday, I created a Commander deck.  When creating the commander deck, I moved the slider on cards owned over to 18 on the left and 20 on the right.  When I then clicked on swamps and islands to be put in the deck, everything was fine.  When I went over to look at my Momir deck that I had played with as I said earlier, the interface was showing all but 3 of my land with diagonal lines through them and when i hovered over them, the interface was telling me those lands were not in my collection.  I have not traded ANY lands in that time frame.  HOW is it that I do not own lands that I played with in a Momir tourney.  Also, a majority of the land that I put in my commander deck it told me I did not own....despite the fact I slid the slider over to show only stuff I own 18+ of.
Sign In to post comments