Dragon #415 and Dungeon #206 are PACKED with Realms goodness!

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hello Everyone,

Just a heads up we're getting a heafty serving of Realms goodness in this month's issues of Dragon and Dungeon.

Dragon #415 features:
History Check: The Many Deaths of Manshoon, by Brian Cortijo ...released September 7th.

Eye on the Realms: The Haunted Battlement by Ed Greenwood  ...released September 5th.

Heir of Shadowbane by Erik Scott de Bie (short story) ...released September 6th.

Dungeon #206 features:
The Xanathar: Crime Lord of Waterdeep, by Derek Meyers

Eyes on the Ball, a Forgotten Realms adventure by Derek Meyers

The Ecology of the Malaugrym, by Brian Cortijo.

WotC, thanks for giving a good chunk of the September spotlight to the Forgotten Realms.
damnit, now im gonna have to resub
I survived Section 4 and all I got was this lousy sig Off-topic and going downhill from there
At first I looked at the length of this month and was like *grumble*...  Then I noticed the Realmsian goodies and was like, "YES!  YES!"  Okay, that's enough internet meme garbage out of me for a while.

An undead spectre occasionally returning to remind the fandom of its grim existence.

Some good pointers for the fellow hobbyist!:

• KEEP D&D ALIVE, END EDITION WARS!
  • RESPECT PEOPLES' PREFERENCES
  • JUST ENJOY THE GAME!
Just out of curiosity, why can't I open the articles in Dragon 415? They are greyed out and won't open. I am a subscriber and am logged in.
not released
a mask everyone has at least two of, one they wear in public and another they wear in private.....
Just out of curiosity, why can't I open the articles in Dragon 415? They are greyed out and won't open. I am a subscriber and am logged in.

Yep, they're not released yet. As the month goes by, WotC will slowly release more of this month's content for each magazine, until it's all released.

I find this method kind of annoying. I'd much rather have it all in my hands then have to wait, but c'est la vie.

EDIT: The Haunted Battlement has been released. <--this is a direct link so you shouldn't have any problems accesing it.
Ah, I thought that was maybe the problem, but I'm new and wasn't sure. Thanks.
Woops! Forgot to mention Heir of Shadowbane by Erik Scott de Bie in Dragon #415.
History Check: The Many Deaths of Manshoon, by Brian Cortijo is now available.

This is what I call a Realmslore avalanche!

Man this is a great article! It encapsulates a lot of known lore about Manshoon, adds new lore and leaves lots of doors open to DMs to decide just how to use Manshoon in a D&D game. The plot hooks at the end are very well written, particularly the last, which ought to go great with an Epic Level campaign arc.

The history check sidebars actually make sense and are useful to players. It's been a long time since I've seen a skill sidebar like that. Good work.

I'm both curious and excited to see what future History Check articles hold. That is, this isn't a one-off article: it's the first of a series.
History Check: The Many Deaths of Manshoon, by Brian Cortijo is now available.

This is what I call a Realmslore avalanche!

Man this is a great article! It encapsulates a lot of known lore about Manshoon, adds new lore and leaves lots of doors open to DMs to decide just how to use Manshoon in a D&D game. The plot hooks at the end are very well written, particularly the last, which ought to go great with an Epic Level campaign arc.

The history check sidebars actually make sense and are useful to players. It's been a long time since I've seen a skill sidebar like that. Good work.

I'm both curious and excited to see what future History Check articles hold. That is, this isn't a one-off article: it's the first of a series.

A quick correction: this isn't the first in the History Check series; it's the fifth (there's a full index of History Check articles here). This is, however, the first one to deal directly with a Realms-specific topic.

Personally, I think all D&D fans would enjoy the other History Check articles, but if you happen to be a Realms-only kind of reader, and you enjoy this article, I'm sure I can live with that...

Oops! Thanks for the catch, Brian.
Sign In to post comments