Vanilla Keyword

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
This mechanic would probably be good in a vanilla-friendly set. Mostly, it will be on creature cards. It could probably be put on other permanent card types, but not sure towards what purpose. Also, it needs a better name. Anyway...

Blood Fiend

Creature - Demon
At the beginning of your upkeep, Blood Fiend deals 5 damage to you unless you sacrifice a creature other than Blood Fiend. If Blood Fiend deals damage to you this way, tap it.
Vanilla (You may cast this spell for its vanilla cost. If you do, it loses all abilities.)
5/5

Ember Elemental

Creature - Elemental
Trample, haste
At the beginning of the end step, sacrifice Ember Elemental.
Vanilla (You may cast this spell for its vanilla cost. If you do, it loses all abilities.)
3/1

Nature's Sentry

Creature - Centaur Soldier
Vigilance
When Nature's Sentry enters the battlefield, you gain 4 life.
2/2

Questions? Comments? Moans, groans, gripes or complaints?
I really like the idea/cards, but I don't think calling it vanilla is right, doesnt sound Magic-y.

IMAGE(http://i1.minus.com/jbcBXM4z66fMtK.jpg)

192884403 wrote:
surely one can't say complex conditional passive language is bad grammar ?
I agree. It definitely needs a better name, but I'm unable to think of one at this time.
Hmm, I remember something like this being used in one of the old Big Card Projects.  It was a "vanilla-matters" set that included Morph, and used +1/+1 counters to mark creatures whose abilities had been removed  (not literally, but creatures that were cast for their "vanilla" cost entered the battlefield with counters and so it became a convenient way to avoid memory issues).  I don't like it so much in a vaccuum, but I'd love to see another theme built around it.
The World of Eldangard - a three act M:tG block by Fallingman Eldangard Stormfront Ragnarok
I think the name was Primal, but don't quote me on that. It was pretty awesome, but I can't remember if it was an alternative cost. I don't think it was.

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

Ember Elemental is genius, I love the design.

On the name, can it be called Muraganda? You know, after the enchantment?

192884403 wrote:
Maybe a name like "Simplify"? It's kind of interesting, though I don't know if I'd like it so much in play. The Elemental's use of it is kind of like a slightly worse version of evoke, but reversed.

All cards I make have artists credited in the appropriate places. Artist names in "quotes" are DeviantArt usernames unless otherwise mentioned.

"I play a Grave Betrayal. I get all your dead things now, mwahahahaha!"
"Okay. I play a Phage the Untouchable. Piss me off and I will sac it."
"... ... ... so guys, remind me again how to sac my own enchantments?"

Yeah, call it Simplify.

Embrace imagination.

Lord of YMtC | Ten Rounds Contest Winner

Solphos – A fan set with a 'combo matters' theme

Fool's Gold – The second set of the Solphos block

Simplify sounds good.
But I'd love to call it Nerf... just so you can 'Nerf' creatures legitimately 
Simplify sounds good.
But I'd love to call it Nerf... just so you can 'Nerf' creatures legitimately 

Considering most of them are losing harmful abilities, simplify is much more appropriate than nerf.

192884403 wrote:
Personally, I'd stick with Vanilla.  Then you could do "French Vanilla".

Ember Elemental 
Creature - Elemental
Trample, haste
At the beginning of the end step, sacrifice Ember Elemental.
French Vanilla  (You may cast this spell for its vanilla cost. If you do, it loses all abilities but an evergreen keyword of your choice.)
3/1

Quotes: 

Show
magicpablo666 wrote:
These cards are Ball Tightening.
I_forget_who_dammit wrote:
Perfect originality is overrated and often ugly. The best and most beautiful cards I've ever seen were clearly inspired by something else. Cards are not entirely unlike living organisms in this regard. All the good ones are a result of long evolution; the 'original' ones are either monocellular or mutant aberrations.
ColonialDragons wrote:
The weird part is reaching over the table, grabbing a card from their hand, and just staring slowly back at them, awkwardly, as you slide their voice of resurgence slowly into your pants.
magicpablo666 wrote:
Graveborn are strictly better than Zombies. I mean, look at that wicked beard. You try growing that when your dead. And I know aging fellows who are suffering from Male Pattern Baldness, who would kill for a Mop like Ribsy's over there.
magicpablo666 wrote:
Hey Dudibus, I can't take you seriously until you take your shirt off!
cats_and_me wrote:
I'm just stating what I think is their opinion! :/
Lol French vanilla
I would think "French Vanilla" would be "(You may cast this spell for its vanilla cost. If you do, it loses all abilities and surrenders at the next combat phase.)"

I kid, I kid! Tongue Out

All cards I make have artists credited in the appropriate places. Artist names in "quotes" are DeviantArt usernames unless otherwise mentioned.

"I play a Grave Betrayal. I get all your dead things now, mwahahahaha!"
"Okay. I play a Phage the Untouchable. Piss me off and I will sac it."
"... ... ... so guys, remind me again how to sac my own enchantments?"

Interesting mechanic!
Sign In to post comments