First, I still love my 4e games. But the only group I found out to play is playing 3.5, so I need to adapt.
Second, about 5 years ago, I deleted from my brain all info I had on 3.5 optimization. So, now I need to join a high level group with no idea how to start building my cleric. Any help would be useful. Now, further info about the request:
- Abilities were rolled. I got a 16/16/16/14/10/10.
- 19th level. Must be a cleric, or divine caster (Favored Soul or Archivist). The group is lacking a divine caster. Personally, I would prefer a Cleric for turns and spell versatility over FS, and the ability to consult the class table offline over archivist. Of course, prestige classes are allowed.
- Full casting capability is a must.
- While the table is very open about what is permitted, I would like to stay with Core (no XPH and no UA), Complete Divine, Complete Arcane, Spell Compendium and Magic Item Compendium, since I own those books, and is easier to consult on table.
- I would prefer that the build would be a primary caster. I know clerics can become melee powerhouses, but I want to play more on the buff-healing-blasting role than smack-it-with-a-big-weapon role.
- Not going on Divine Metamagic: Persistent Spell way for personal reasons. Other Divine metas are allowed.
Any help would be appreciated. I have literally no idea where to start on this one.