Let's figure out the promo cards!

19 posts / 0 new
Last post
www.wizards.com/Magic/TCG/Products.aspx?...

Here are the promo cards.
Rakdos:  Carnival Hellsteed:
Azorious: Archon of the Triumvarte
Selesnya: Grove of the Guardian
Izzet: Hypersonic Dragon
Golgari:  Corpsejack Menace.
I think the Selesnyan one is the land that turns into an 8/8.

EDIT:  Probably to give them a nice Populate target.
top looks like Archon of the Triumvirate. 
Rakdos is Carnival Hellsteed.
Archon, Horse, Manland.

Judging by how all three have been revealed tonight, I wouldn't be surprised if the other two turn are shortly revealed or have already been revealed and I'm not just blind.

That said, with five chances for a money prerelease, I am disappointed. Though, had they given us money, I think a problem would've arose with 75% of players (including myself) all going one guild.
lel♯ jenk♯ ∞

I'm the world's leading astrophysicist. You can trust me, because I said I was.
92827575 wrote:
57092228 wrote:
What's wrong with my formating?
you make paragraphs shorter than the page width
58280978 wrote:
Names that sam said were "the evil ones":
iamajellydonut glwiley kreewlin and every WizO
Izzet is Hypersonic Dragon.
Golgari: Corpsejack Menace
Looks to me like:

Azorius: Archon of the Triumvirate
Izzet: Hypersonic Dragon
Golgari: Corpsejack Menace
Rakdos: Carnival Hellsteed
Selesnya: Grove of the Guardian
Wow now this is going to make me reconsider who I pick...def going to have to go to more than one prerelease now...
The Golgari Prerelease promo was the first one that we learned about, here.
[spoiler Art Close-Up]

[/spoiler]
The Golgari Prerelease promo was the first one that we learned about, here.
[spoiler Art Close-Up]

[/spoiler]

I thought that was the Release promo not the Pre-Release promo
What about the release promos? Did anyone got info about them?
Beware !!!! There are Zombies even in Spaces !!!
Does anyone know if the prerelease cards will have alternate art?

It's pretty obvious comparing the image here to the card gallery images that yes, they will have alternate art.

IMAGE(http://steamsignature.com/status/default/76561197995631463.png) No longer a commander as of 7/29/13.

Does anyone know if the prerelease cards will have alternate art?

It's pretty obvious comparing the image here to the card gallery images that yes, they will have alternate art.

Sweet.  Do you know if images of the alt art cards are posted anywhere other than the small (covered) thumbnails on that page?

Unfortunately, no. That's all we have for now. I'm sure we'll get full images of them before the prerelease, though.

IMAGE(http://steamsignature.com/status/default/76561197995631463.png) No longer a commander as of 7/29/13.

I don't know if I'm disappointed the promos are the same cards from the intro packs, or excited that the intro packs have a decent card in most of them.
I don't know if I'm disappointed the promos are the same cards from the intro packs, or excited that the intro packs have a decent card in most of them.

I'm personally pretty disappointed.  These cards would've been pretty cheap regardless, I think, and it really takes the value out of the intro packs.
Favorite set: Arabian Nights Favorite planeswalker: Taysir, the One Made of Five Favorite book cycle: Ice Age Favorite creature type(s): Elephant (W), Minotaur (R), Shade (B), Spider (G), Cephalid (U) Myr (Artifact) Pauper: Monoblack Control Modern: Zombie Tribal; Unyaro Stax Cube: The Moons of Mirrodin

Well hopefully this, and maybe Gatecrash are the only sets that do this kind of thing.

There are many situations where intro packs went downhill.

2008, Shards of Alara:  When Theme Decks became 41 card intro packs that contain core set cards, when the intro pack is from a set that isn't a core set.

2011, New Phyrexia:  When Intro packs of a small set contain only 1 rare from that set, rather than 2.

2012, Magic 2013:  When intro packs lost all functionality with the packaging, that is, you just can't use the M13 intro pack packaging to store your deck anymore.  At least this sort of could be done with the Shards of Alara to Avacyn Restore intro pack packaging.

2012, Return to Ravnica:  Intro packs now contain the same card as the prerelease card.  This is probably not permanant though.  I don't think WOTC is that stupid.

For the times that the intro packs improved was when they had to correct the mistakes they made in 2008.

2010, Magic 2011, Intro packs are now 60 cards again, just like the theme decks, well most of them anyway.

2012, Magic 2013, Due to Intro packs not having the same quality of the theme decks, a second booster is now added as a way of saying "sorry that our intro packs suck, here's a booster to make it better".
Nah Nah Nah... Nah Nah Nah... SPORTSCENTER... THE PLACE FOR SPORTS