[RTR-ICD] Dreadbore

176 posts / 0 new
Last post
Dreadbore
Sorcery (R)
Destroy target creature or planeswalker.

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD.
Yeup, I like this.
That is awesome.

Weird for it to be rare, with Terminate, Murder, et al. instant-speed and common.

be uncommon be uncommon be uncommon be uncommon 

Also, what does the name mean?  Flavor-text -- "In Rakdos-controlled neighborhoods, everyone is part of the show." -- isn't very helpful.  At least the Carnage Carnival schtick still amuses me, I guess.

"Go, then. There are other worlds than these." -- Stephen King, The Gunslinger

Please feel free to copy this message into your sig.

Really wish this was better lit. Can't tell if that's uncommon or rare. Really hoping it's the former, the latter basically laughs in Limited's face.
This is magnificent. Rakdos, you grow more and more appealing.
My Sig
Reality is but the sum total of all illusions. Proud Hand of Karsus, now and forever Mess with one Hand, mess with 'em all I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
"just do what LM the lord of magical might does, and you'll be fine" - sfdragon, 10/12/09
Board Snippets
147048523 wrote:
"I don't like X, they should remove it." "I like X, they should keep it." "They should replace X with Y." "Anybody that likes X is dumb. Y is better." "Why don't they include both X and Y." "Yeah, everybody can be happy then!" "But I don't like X, they should remove it." "X really needs to be replaced with Y." "But they can include both X and Y." "But I don't like X, they need to remove it." "Remove X, I don't like it." Repeat. Obstinance?
56790678 wrote:
Until you've had an in-law tell you your choice of game was stupid, and just Warcraft on paper, and dumbed down for dumber players who can't handle a real RPG, you haven't lived. You haven't lived.
56902498 wrote:
Lady and gentlemen.... I present to you the Edition War without Contrition, the War of the Web, the Mighty Match-up! We're using standard edition war rules. No posts of substance. Do not read the other person's posts with comprehension. Make frequent comparison to video games, MMOs, and CCGs. Use the words "fallacy" and "straw man", incorrectly and often. Passive aggressiveness gets you extra points and asking misleading and inflammatory questions is mandatory. If you're getting tired, just declare victory and leave the thread. Wait for the buzzer... and.... One, two, three, four, I declare Edition War Five, six, seven eight, I use the web to Go!
57062508 wrote:
D&D should not return to the days of blindfolding the DM and players. No tips on encounter power? No mention of expected party roles? No true meaning of level due to different level charts or tiered classes? Please, let's not sacrifice clear, helpful rules guidelines in favour of catering to the delicate sensibilities of the few who have problems with the ascetics of anything other than what they are familiar with.
56760448 wrote:
Just a quick note on the MMORPG as an insult comparison... MMORPGs, raking in money by the dumptruck full. Many options, tons of fans across many audiences, massive resources allocated to development. TTRPGs, dying product. Squeaking out an existence that relys on low cost. Fans fit primarily into a few small demographics. R&D budgets small, often rushed to market and patched after deployment. You're not really making much of an argument when you compare something to a MMORPG and assume people think that means bad. Lets face it, they make the money, have the audience and the budget. We here on this board are fans of TTRPGs but lets not try to pretend none of us play MMORPGs.
90571711 wrote:
Adding options at the system level is good. Adding options at the table level is hard. Removing options at the system level is bad. Removing options at the table level is easy. This is not complicated.
57333888 wrote:
112760109 wrote:
56902838 wrote:
Something like Tactical Shift is more magical than martial healing.
Telling someone to move over a few feet is magical now? :| I weep for this generation.
Given the laziness and morbid obsesity amongst D&Ders, being able to convince someone to get on their feet, do some heavy exercise, and use their words to make them be healthier must seem magical.
158710691 wrote:
D&D definitely improves mental health; Just as long as you stay away from these forums ;)
Welp, it took 6 years, but they finally did it.

I half expected they would give Planeswalker kill to a different slice of the pie, just to mix it up.  Guess not.
This is ridiculously incredible. At uncommon, too? Very powerful.

EDIT: Oh, guess it's rare. Still incredible. 
IMAGE(http://stat.rumandmonkey.com/tests/1/6/5261/20796.jpg)
OH MY HOLY WHAT I THIS BUT AND SO THE.

wow. 
Etiamnunc sto, etiamsi caelum ruat.
EX-TERMINATE! This is freaking insane.
This looks rare. 
I'm pretty sure its rare
It's like that one card except it can kill guys like this.

I'm quite loving this. 

CURRENT EDH DECKS: Sek'kuar | Kraj | Teysa | Wort | Purphoros | Varolz | Reaper King | Rakdos | Isperia | Ultimus | Iroas | Macar | Roon | Marath | Kruphix | Karametra | Marchesa

YUP
lel♯ jenk♯ ∞

I'm the world's leading astrophysicist. You can trust me, because I said I was.
92827575 wrote:
57092228 wrote:
What's wrong with my formating?
you make paragraphs shorter than the page width
58280978 wrote:
Names that sam said were "the evil ones":
iamajellydonut glwiley kreewlin and every WizO
Well, I guess there is one reason to play Rakdos.

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
Meh, it's a Terminate with a new name.....

OH WAIT IT DOES WUT?!?!?!?!

GIB GIB GIB GIB GIB!  JUND WILL REIGN SUPREME!
It is sorcery speed, but it kills planeswalkers to make up for it which is huge.
5/5

Damn the system and its hypocrites! You quit your quest and venture into the slums of the Gruul Clans!
Damn the system and its hypocrites! You quit your quest and venture into the slums of the Gruul Clans!
Take THE QUEST FOR RAVNICA today!

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
First I was like, oh a sorcery Terminate? boo....
Then I was like, wait 'or target' what?? OMGWTFBBQ
Then I was like, oh it's rare....
Beware !!!! There are Zombies even in Spaces !!!
Ew the flavor.
And now I'm done with Magic. WotC kept almost zero of its promises and positions. Bye.
Real men hold shift. If everyone has their fingers in the pie, then someone is eating fingers.
Mechanically I like it.  I dislike "destroy target planeswalker."  That never should've happened.
And now I'm done with Magic. WotC kept almost zero of its promises and positions. Bye.

Can I have your cards?

Can I have your cards?

Sry, giving them to gf when I propose.
Real men hold shift. If everyone has their fingers in the pie, then someone is eating fingers.
Awww, thanks dear.
HOLY MOTHER OF GOD.

That was my exact reaction.
Ew the flavor.

You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.

D&D Home Page - What Class Are You? - Build A Character - D&D Compendium

Pain is a sensation. Sensations are to be enjoyed. I am in ecstasy.
It's rare so people who have never seen a planeswalker don't see this card, I'm guessing.
Is this so we can unban Jace the PunPun?  Probably not.

Lets be honest, there were ways to kill planeswalkers anyways.

This just does it much more aggressively, and makes it actually standard worthy.  And in colors that it makes sense in.  Black and Red should be able to if anyone, not green.
Wow this is ridiculous will definitely see some SB play at least.

Check out my twitch.tv stream below where I play magic online limited queues. Don't forget to follow if you enjoy what I'm presenting to show your support!

http://twitch.tv/dpg20__

I love this! There need to be more answers to planeswalkers, as I've been saying for years.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/0a90721d221e50e5755af156c179fe51.jpg?v=90000) Check out Ars Arcanum, my stat based series on Magic Limited, over at PureMTGO. Here is a link to the archive: http://goo.gl/Zvh6Q
Me likey.
I love this! There need to be more answers to planeswalkers, as I've been saying for years.

The answer probably didn't need to be RED though. Of all the colors, red probably has the least trouble dealing with walkers.
Between this and Rakdos's Return, Grixis control is looking mighty fine
It's rare so people who have never seen a planeswalker don't see this card, I'm guessing.

However, Despise was uncommon.
Known as Blitzer on most forums. Despite the username, I am male. Both sex AND gender.
Superfriends just met its match lol
About time. White and blue getting both the best walkers and the best answers to them was getting old.
Absolutely nuts. About that Tamiyo of yours...she now effectively costs 7. And you have to have the negate in hand.
I wonder if this means that a planeswalker dies in the RTR storyline?!

(please be jace, please be jace, please...)

But seriously.   
Ew the flavor.

Ugh, this.
This is a rare these days? Complexity creep has pushed a higher percentage of the best cards into rares but now one of most simple cards in the set gets pushed to rare because it's one of the best.
Don't be too smart to have fun