[RTR-ICD] Grove of the Guardian

35 posts / 0 new
Last post
Grove of the Guardian
Land (R)
: Add to your mana pool.
, , Tap two untapped creatures you control, Sacrifice Grove of the Guardian: Put an 8/8 green and white Elemental creature token with vigilance onto the battlefield.

I guess I could Populate that.

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
ah, THIS is the manland ;)
now there is the big token for populate
proud member of the 2011 community team
That's pretty good.  Doesn't come into play tapped, doesn't make colored mana, but can make a fatty.  Could be a late game winner out of a land.
This is decent, I suppose. 
Pretty decent, hopefully there will be poulate cards that make this playable in constructed.
hmm, tapping creatures is going to be a massive achilles heel for this card, but 5 mana for an 8/8 vigilance is still a very good deal.
That's a high cost, but it's also a huge guy, and an awesome populate target.

SwDS: 4.5/5 

IMAGE(http://steamsignature.com/status/default/76561197995631463.png) No longer a commander as of 7/29/13.

It's no Svogthos, but it's still pretty cool. Populate will be all over its token.

CURRENT EDH DECKS: Sek'kuar | Kraj | Teysa | Wort | Purphoros | Varolz | Reaper King | Rakdos | Isperia | Ultimus | Iroas | Macar | Roon | Marath | Kruphix | Karametra | Marchesa

It's like it has a built-in, mandatory Convoke.  Sort of.
I'd love to see Parallel Lives become a deck.
Hm, just realized... the fact that this only makes colorless mana might make it hard to run in such a multicolor-focused format.

IMAGE(http://steamsignature.com/status/default/76561197995631463.png) No longer a commander as of 7/29/13.

Makin duderguys. Alright
Meant for populate, I'm sure.
Seems playable to me.
Seems bad to me outside of limited.

Check out my twitch.tv stream below where I play magic online limited queues. Don't forget to follow if you enjoy what I'm presenting to show your support!

http://twitch.tv/dpg20__

So this is the prerelease promo....
Requiring creatures means that:
1:  this will be good in aggro
2:  but not after they wipe the board.

Number 2 is a pretty big problem.  That's the main reason you want manlands in aggro is to survive board wipes.
Although if there are enough instant token makers, it could be good with the right support.  Something like Midnight Haunting after a board wipe leading into this could work.
This will most definitely see play. It doesn't come into play tapped, it produces mana, and it's ability nothing short of game-winning. Going from 2-power to 10 power sounds ok to me. Sure, your opponent might have instant-speed removal to set you back on tempo, but such is the case with any manland.
I hope the Guildhall cycle still exists.

Awesome card, though.

GW

Cookie Count: 1 million + 1039 Wooden Spoon Count: 2 YMtC Trophies 1st: 9 2nd: 11 3rd: 13 4th: 4 I lost >6000 posts during the last forum migration. #14000th post at 05/11/09 #15000th post at 22/02/10 #16000th post at 10/06/10 #17000th post at 27/10/10 #18000th post at 27/04/11 #19000th post at 24/08/11 #20000th post at 21/04/12 #21000th post at 21/01/13
I hope the Guildhall cycle still exists.

Awesome card, though.

I expect it will, we've seen art of all the Guildhalls and they've been putting quite a bit of info out about the Guildhalls.

Uncommon utility land cycle is what I'm hoping for for the Guildhalls. To go between the common Gates and the Rare Shocks... They'll probably be Rare though. 
Pretty cool card. Do i even need to say Populate?

I like how Selesnya this time around goes with a larger variety of tokens rather then just vanilla saprolings to accomodate the new mechanic.
I like this card as the choice for the Selesnya pre-release promo.  Gives you something big to populate. :D  Will be very fun to play w/ ramp and token makers.

Hopefully there aren't too many sweepers in limited.
Really like this one, don't know if it will be good at the prerelase though.

IMAGE(http://oi39.tinypic.com/14mvxh5.jpg)

I like when my manlands are good after all my creatures are dead.
This is actually one of the main cards I'm looking forward to so far. Not sure how good it's going to be competitivly, but it seems like it'll be a ton of fun to play.

Also, the Guardian in the picture looks really cool. I'm hoping his token card will give us a better look at him up and active.
Now i'm anxious to see the actual tokens spoiled!   
Oh wow, makes your bad creature draws post day much better.
True post count: 9,900 Thanks Wotc for not counting archived posts. If I post without capital letters than means I'm posting from my phone. For some reason it hates typing capital letters. Go_Texans on MTGO. Texans 12-4 Wildcard: W Texans 19 Bengals 13 Divisional: L Texans 28 Patriots 41 Another awesome season!
Kind of a meh card, not too happy about it, not really dissapointed either. Guess I will just have to wait and see how it plays. Probably a solid thing for draft though. 
How to Auto Card
(Replace { with [) {c}Gelectrode{/c}= Gelectrode
How to Auto Card, with style
(Replace { with [) {c=Gelectrode}Pinball Machine{/c}=Pinball Machine
How to Auto Deck
Auto Deck
(again, replace { with [) {deck} Lands 20 4x Halimar Depths 4X Unstable Frontier 8X Island 4X Swamp Creatures 12 4x Hedron Crabs 4x Nemesis of Reason 4x Mnemonic Wall Spells 28 4X Spreading Seas 4X Suffer the Past 4x Mind Funeral 4X Archive Trap 4X Ponder 4x Into the Roil 4X Soul Manipulation {/deck}
Works well enough with doubling season I suppose.

SWDS: 3/5
Khyber is a dark and dangerous place, full of flame and smoke, where ever stranger things lie dormant.
I guess I could Populate that.

SwDS: 4/5
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
i don't know about it. seems sorta expensive, but with the many token generators out there, i think it could be doable

but the price seems hefty especially in a dualcolor deck.

----------------------- I’m going to TRANSFORM him, and unleash the savage instincts that lie hidden within… . [

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/18.jpg)

IMAGE(http://www.wizards.com/dnd/class/images/banners/Avenger.jpg)

I am White/Green
I am White/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.