[RTR-ICD] Wayfaring Temple

49 posts / 0 new
Last post
Wayfaring Temple
Creature - Elemental (R)
Wayfaring Elemental's power and toughness are each equal to the number of creatures you control.
Whenever Wayfaring Elemental deals combat damage to a player, populate.
*/*

is this the supposed "manland"?
proud member of the 2011 community team
Ooh, I think I like this. I'm not into Selesnya, but this seems fun. I bet the art is badass too. I have a suspicion about it being one of the spoiled arts on the spoiled art thread. I suppose we'll see.

Edit: Enigma has fingers like lightning.

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
This is powerful, especially with all the token producers. This + rancor means you're populating pretty fast.
I'm not a Selesnya kind of guy, but this card seems pretty cool.

EDIT: Wow! That art is fantastic!
My Sig
Reality is but the sum total of all illusions. Proud Hand of Karsus, now and forever Mess with one Hand, mess with 'em all I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
"just do what LM the lord of magical might does, and you'll be fine" - sfdragon, 10/12/09
Board Snippets
147048523 wrote:
"I don't like X, they should remove it." "I like X, they should keep it." "They should replace X with Y." "Anybody that likes X is dumb. Y is better." "Why don't they include both X and Y." "Yeah, everybody can be happy then!" "But I don't like X, they should remove it." "X really needs to be replaced with Y." "But they can include both X and Y." "But I don't like X, they need to remove it." "Remove X, I don't like it." Repeat. Obstinance?
56790678 wrote:
Until you've had an in-law tell you your choice of game was stupid, and just Warcraft on paper, and dumbed down for dumber players who can't handle a real RPG, you haven't lived. You haven't lived.
56902498 wrote:
Lady and gentlemen.... I present to you the Edition War without Contrition, the War of the Web, the Mighty Match-up! We're using standard edition war rules. No posts of substance. Do not read the other person's posts with comprehension. Make frequent comparison to video games, MMOs, and CCGs. Use the words "fallacy" and "straw man", incorrectly and often. Passive aggressiveness gets you extra points and asking misleading and inflammatory questions is mandatory. If you're getting tired, just declare victory and leave the thread. Wait for the buzzer... and.... One, two, three, four, I declare Edition War Five, six, seven eight, I use the web to Go!
57062508 wrote:
D&D should not return to the days of blindfolding the DM and players. No tips on encounter power? No mention of expected party roles? No true meaning of level due to different level charts or tiered classes? Please, let's not sacrifice clear, helpful rules guidelines in favour of catering to the delicate sensibilities of the few who have problems with the ascetics of anything other than what they are familiar with.
56760448 wrote:
Just a quick note on the MMORPG as an insult comparison... MMORPGs, raking in money by the dumptruck full. Many options, tons of fans across many audiences, massive resources allocated to development. TTRPGs, dying product. Squeaking out an existence that relys on low cost. Fans fit primarily into a few small demographics. R&D budgets small, often rushed to market and patched after deployment. You're not really making much of an argument when you compare something to a MMORPG and assume people think that means bad. Lets face it, they make the money, have the audience and the budget. We here on this board are fans of TTRPGs but lets not try to pretend none of us play MMORPGs.
90571711 wrote:
Adding options at the system level is good. Adding options at the table level is hard. Removing options at the system level is bad. Removing options at the table level is easy. This is not complicated.
57333888 wrote:
112760109 wrote:
56902838 wrote:
Something like Tactical Shift is more magical than martial healing.
Telling someone to move over a few feet is magical now? :| I weep for this generation.
Given the laziness and morbid obsesity amongst D&Ders, being able to convince someone to get on their feet, do some heavy exercise, and use their words to make them be healthier must seem magical.
158710691 wrote:
D&D definitely improves mental health; Just as long as you stay away from these forums ;)
Well, thats a thing. I uses for this. Combine with man land for free 8/8 when it get's through.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c8316b3bd9938ec0266b27a0cd8d77e8.jpg?v=90000) Thanks to Blitzschnell for the banner IMAGE(http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/images/2/23/Phyrexian_Loyalty.png) Thanks to gamma-mage for the banner. You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator. Come see the Expanded Multiverse Project
Eh.... I *want* to like this card, but something is making me think that it's not going to be as stellar as it appears.

Rarely will it be played on turn 3 or earlier, because you'll want tokens out the yin yang for it to populate, so the casting cost is a moot point.  And it will be tiny until you start farting out creatures.

But 3 mana for a */* where *=# of critters is the going rate, and this has the big mechanic tied to it, so who knows?
this will for sure be an interesting card to play with.
Very cool card.  The look kind of reminds me of Elesh Norn though.
Love the art, also reminds me of Scion of the Wild.

CURRENT EDH DECKS: Sek'kuar | Kraj | Teysa | Wort | Purphoros | Varolz | Reaper King | Rakdos | Isperia | Ultimus | Iroas | Macar | Roon | Marath | Kruphix | Karametra | Marchesa

Pretty neat but it relies on too much to be good in Constructed.
Terrible.

Check out my twitch.tv stream below where I play magic online limited queues. Don't forget to follow if you enjoy what I'm presenting to show your support!

http://twitch.tv/dpg20__

That art is awesome. Plz give us wallpaper, Wizards.
Favorite set: Arabian Nights Favorite planeswalker: Taysir, the One Made of Five Favorite book cycle: Ice Age Favorite creature type(s): Elephant (W), Minotaur (R), Shade (B), Spider (G), Cephalid (U) Myr (Artifact) Pauper: Monoblack Control Modern: Zombie Tribal; Unyaro Stax Cube: The Moons of Mirrodin
I disagree, in this guild this card is a staple. Outside of limited remains to be seen, based on what we've seen thus far it could still be good....a lot of high powered ammo going around today.
I can see this getting broken if someone thinks up an efficient way of getting a token copy of it into play and attacking. Potentially doubling in number and p/t every turn is nothing to be sniffed at, unfortunately the only way I can think of on colour to abuse it is Seance which I think requires too much setup and splashing Blue for Cackling Counterpart feels like it would weaken the manabase too much. But I suppose if you're going to be able to do it Ravnica's the place it's going to be most viable...
I can see this getting broken if someone thinks up an efficient way of getting a token copy of it into play and attacking. Potentially doubling in number and p/t every turn is nothing to be sniffed at, unfortunately the only way I can think of on colour to abuse it is Seance which I think requires too much setup and splashing Blue for Cackling Counterpart feels like it would weaken the manabase too much. But I suppose if you're going to be able to do it Ravnica's the place it's going to be most viable...

Transguild Promenade
Chromatic Lantern
Azorius Gate
Glacial Fortress
Hallowed Fountain
Gilded Lotus

Did you say weaken the manabase? =D 
Favorite set: Arabian Nights Favorite planeswalker: Taysir, the One Made of Five Favorite book cycle: Ice Age Favorite creature type(s): Elephant (W), Minotaur (R), Shade (B), Spider (G), Cephalid (U) Myr (Artifact) Pauper: Monoblack Control Modern: Zombie Tribal; Unyaro Stax Cube: The Moons of Mirrodin

Transguild Promenade
Chromatic Lantern
Azorius Gate
Glacial Fortress
Hallowed Fountain
Gilded Lotus

Haha, this is all very true... I guess I'm just naturally hesitant of splashing for a card with a UU in its casting cost when I need 2 colours to cast my main deck. But yeah, manafixing shouldn't be too much of a problem I suppose. Now excuse me while I go start brewing... Mwahahaha!

Transguild Promenade
Chromatic Lantern
Azorius Gate
Glacial Fortress
Hallowed Fountain
Gilded Lotus

Haha, this is all very true... I guess I'm just naturally hesitant of splashing for a card with a UU in its casting cost when I need 2 colours to cast my main deck. But yeah, manafixing shouldn't be too much of a problem I suppose. Now excuse me while I go start brewing... Mwahahaha!

Oh, I totally agree.  But a friend of mine was talking about Geralf's Messenger in a three color deck, and I blanked, and then thought, "Why not?"
Hopefully it's as good in practice as it is in theory.  I just seriously can't wait for how well the Core set lands will work with the shocklands.  T1: Hallowed Fountain, turn 2, Clifftop Retreat.  Simple as that, and in standard. &nbsp****'s about to get real. 
Love the art, also reminds me of Scion of the Wild.

First thing I thought of.

But better, of course.

GW

Cookie Count: 1 million + 1039 Wooden Spoon Count: 2 YMtC Trophies 1st: 9 2nd: 11 3rd: 13 4th: 4 I lost >6000 posts during the last forum migration. #14000th post at 05/11/09 #15000th post at 22/02/10 #16000th post at 10/06/10 #17000th post at 27/10/10 #18000th post at 27/04/11 #19000th post at 24/08/11 #20000th post at 21/04/12 #21000th post at 21/01/13
Another cool dude. I'm sensing a pattern in things I like with this and the rat.
Art is brilliant.

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

Another cool dude. I'm sensing a pattern in things I like with this and the rat.
Art is brilliant.

I agree and expect a */* goblin for red'ish now somehow.
This guy is really cool. Token decks ahoy.
Plays well with Odric, Master Tactician and his friends.
Now we can finally make Scion.dec :U
Geist-Honored Monk
Crusader of Odric
Good Timmy Bait.
It's odd how it's gold rather than being a G/W hybrid, as it effectively could be either, even with the populate ability.
Reminds me of Master of Etherium. Though I like this guy better, because I love lordish cards that have abilities that aren't +1/+1.
Talk about your mechanic driver, hope I don't have to fight him too much. 
How to Auto Card
(Replace { with [) {c}Gelectrode{/c}= Gelectrode
How to Auto Card, with style
(Replace { with [) {c=Gelectrode}Pinball Machine{/c}=Pinball Machine
How to Auto Deck
Auto Deck
(again, replace { with [) {deck} Lands 20 4x Halimar Depths 4X Unstable Frontier 8X Island 4X Swamp Creatures 12 4x Hedron Crabs 4x Nemesis of Reason 4x Mnemonic Wall Spells 28 4X Spreading Seas 4X Suffer the Past 4x Mind Funeral 4X Archive Trap 4X Ponder 4x Into the Roil 4X Soul Manipulation {/deck}
Seems like a winmore card, then again it only costs 3 mana.
True post count: 9,900 Thanks Wotc for not counting archived posts. If I post without capital letters than means I'm posting from my phone. For some reason it hates typing capital letters. Go_Texans on MTGO. Texans 12-4 Wildcard: W Texans 19 Bengals 13 Divisional: L Texans 28 Patriots 41 Another awesome season!
Seems crazy alongside Geist of Saint Traft. Probably not good enough though.
I hope there will be awesome tokens for selesnya to populate, otherwise we're stuck spitting out 1/1 saps.
HOW TO AUTOCARD! When posting in a text box, type [c]Plains[/c] to make your post showPlains.
Are you making a casual mill deck? Please read.
Control is the key of a mill deck. You should free up your mana as much as possible so that you can respond to whatever your opponent is doing. Having some way to remove threats, both real and percieved, is necessary to survival. Real threats are those that are already on the field, and are something a simple unsummon or doom blade can remove. Percieved threats are those that aren't on the field, something a simple duress or counterspell can deal with. Controlling the board will allow your mill deck to continuously perform, if you use permanent style mill, that is. One-Shot Mill spells are something you should avoid. You can toss tome scours at your opponent until your hand runs out, but that isn't going to be enough to mill them to death. With 1-shot mill spells, like tome scour, you have to treat them like burn spells. Therefore, the only "good" 1-shot mill spells are sanity grinding (in the right deck) and mind funeral. Try to find more permanent styles of milling, like memory erosion, hedron crab, and curse of the bloody tome, so that you don't have to waste your mana each turn doing something that those permanents can do with a single mana/turn investment. Keeping your mana open allows you to respond with control elements. ​Traumatize Rant​. Traumatize is a terrible card for a multitude of reasons. First, it costs 5 to cast, which is a large investment for a mill deck. Milling half a library sounds neat, but if you do the math, it really isn't that much. An average 60 card deck starts with drawing 7 cards. Then, barring any draw spells on their end, or ramp on yours, 5 turns will go by, where they draw 5 more cards, leaving 48 in the deck. Unless they had a deck with more than 60 cards, or you ramped it out, the most you'll ever mill with a single Traumatize on turn 5 is 24 cards. That's not too shabby, but hang on, there's more! If they drew any additional cards or if they were milled before turn 5, that number will be much lower. In addition, any more Traumatize's you draw will only mill less and less as the game goes on...which is the point of a mill deck. My whole point on Traumatize is the it is NOT worth the 5 mana investment, not even with haunting echoes. You can mill more than 24 before turn 5...which you can then cast the echoes. If you look at a mill deck like a burn deck, you'll notice that it takes longer to win with mill than with burn. For example, lightning bolt costs 1 and does 3 out of the 20 damage needed to win (barring any lifegain or damage prevention). For mill, that same investment of 1 would have to mill 9 cards out of an average 60 card deck to be the equivilent of lightning bolt. The problem is that there is no mill card that can do that...except hedron crab, over a period of time. The initial investment of 1 will pay off in 3 more land drops to make the crab equal to a bolt. However, the crab nets you more mill beyond those 3 land drops, making it better as the game draws on. Other cards, like curse of the bloody tome, are excellent ways of milling an opponent because the initial investment of is all you have to pay in order to put your opponent on a clock. All you have to do is stay alive, which is the true goal of a mill strategy. There are other ideas for mill decks that are specific to certain types of strategies. Combo mill decks can mill an entire player's library out from under them. Secondary mill strategies are usually tied to another strategy, like drowner of secrets in a merfolk deck, or halimar excavator in an ally deck. Milling can be done in certain decks that are able to ramp out enough mana to make use of the higher costing mill spells, like using 16 post to pay for X on sands of delirium or for ambassador laquatus. Multiplayer mill decks are even tougher to build, but can be done. Being a slower environment, it is easier to ramp in multiplayer, allowing for big X spells, like mind grind, to be useful. Consuming aberration is another star player. The more straightforward strategy is to use mesmeric orb and dreamborn muse while being the only deck at the table that can deal with it. There are always new strategies coming out with each set, so check gatherer for any new mill cards that you find to be the most fun for you! Now you can say that you haven't fallen into the trap that most new players fall into when they build their first mill deck!
I like this card a lot, it has the potential to be very large for selesnya token decks, and is a great propagation activator.  There really isn't a downside to it either, beyond being a creature.

Also, we still have new ajani and spirit tokens in std.  Double strike propagation yes please.  
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/0a90721d221e50e5755af156c179fe51.jpg?v=90000)
I hope there will be awesome tokens for selesnya to populate, otherwise we're stuck spitting out 1/1 saps.

So far Selesnya have 1/1 Flyers, 2/2 Vigilance and 8/8 Vigilance tokens to copy. That's ignoring things like Back from the Brink, Cackling Counterpart, Pack Rats and Seance.

I suspect this guy is going to have plenty to copy. 

So far Selesnya have 1/1 Flyers, 2/2 Vigilance and 8/8 Vigilance tokens to copy. That's ignoring things like Back from the Brink, Cackling Counterpart, Pack Rats and Seance.

Don't forget all the cards that made 4/4 angels in the previous block.

How to autocard:

Show
[c]Blaze[/c] = Blaze

you can also...

[deck]

38 Relentless Rats

22 Swamp

[/deck]

=

Don't forget all the cards that made 4/4 angels in the previous block.

And cards that mad deathtouching wolves, flying demons, and soldier tokens.
This card seems good. I mean there is no DOJ right now and "Exalted" wants to be a thing. I don't know though, I think this card plays right into over-extending and I don't like it... just my opinion.
Terrible.

Brilliant analysis!!

Well done!!     

"We wlll kill them all."

This card seems good. I mean there is no DOJ right now and "Exalted" wants to be a thing. I don't know though, I think this card plays right into over-extending and I don't like it... just my opinion.

Well yes and no. The thing is if you play this right you aren't actually giving up a whole lot of cards to over extend, as he makes his own army/strength. So any of those they blow up you didn't give a card for. So it's not quite as bad.

As far as listing token others are doing:
1/1 Humans
1/1 Deathtouch Wolves
1/1 Flying Spirits
1/1 Flying Birds
2/2 Wolves
2/2 Zombies
2/2 Vigilence Knights
4/4 Flying Angels
4/4 Trample Rhinos (confirmed in mechanics article)
5/5 Flying Demon
8/8 vigilence Elementals

I think I missed a few from last block, and we don't know all the tokens from this set yet. I think we will have good tokens to copy, now what matters is having token makers worth using.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c8316b3bd9938ec0266b27a0cd8d77e8.jpg?v=90000) Thanks to Blitzschnell for the banner IMAGE(http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/images/2/23/Phyrexian_Loyalty.png) Thanks to gamma-mage for the banner. You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator. Come see the Expanded Multiverse Project
If we're talking all tokens that will be in Standard with it then there's also:

0/1 Goats
1/1 Soldiers
1/1 Goblins
1/1 Saprolings 
1/1 Vampires
1/2 Spiders
2/2 Homunculus
2/2 Flying Drakes
2/2 Vampires
2/2 Cats
3/3 Beasts
4/4 Haste Hellions
6/6 Wurms
*/* Oozes
If we're talking all tokens that will be in Standard with it then there's also:

0/1 Goats
1/1 Soldiers
1/1 Goblins
1/1 Saprolings 
1/1 Vampires
1/2 Spiders
2/2 Homunculus
2/2 Flying Drakes
2/2 Vampires
2/2 Cats
3/3 Beasts
4/4 Haste Hellions
6/6 Wurms
*/* Oozes

sweet didn't want to go find them all.

You are Red/Blue!
Why isn't a walking temple an artifact?
Sign In to post comments