[RTR-ICD] Guttersnipe

56 posts / 0 new
Last post
Guttersnipe
Creature - Goblin Shaman (U)
Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell, Guttersnipe deals 2 damage to each opponent.
2/2

I adore it. Yes! Great name. Great ability. Good job Wizards. Thanks for giving something juicy to Red.

Edit: Don't like the art, though. I mean, it's okay, for a Goblin.

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.

Note to self: Cut Talrand, Quirion Dryad Deck is now G/R...
"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)
Congratulations, they have activated your trap card!
Wow. This seems pretty good. Love it.

IMAGE(http://steamsignature.com/status/default/76561197995631463.png) No longer a commander as of 7/29/13.

HAH!  The only thing to make this even crazier is to give it a fantastic flavor text.

Lub lub lub <3
Calling it right now: Somebody's going to add this to a Delver of Secrets/Snapcaster shell, centered around all the cheap instants/sorceries you can get, and name it Guttersnap.
Only thing running through my mind right now is "U/R Delver".

CURRENT EDH DECKS: Sek'kuar | Kraj | Teysa | Wort | Purphoros | Varolz | Reaper King | Rakdos | Isperia | Ultimus | Iroas | Macar | Roon | Marath | Kruphix | Karametra | Marchesa

...U/R Instant/Sorcery deck. Delver may have finally won me over with all the support it's getting.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c8316b3bd9938ec0266b27a0cd8d77e8.jpg?v=90000) Thanks to Blitzschnell for the banner IMAGE(http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/images/2/23/Phyrexian_Loyalty.png) Thanks to gamma-mage for the banner. You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator. Come see the Expanded Multiverse Project
rdw has its 3-drop?
And it's another awesomesauce Izzet card.  And a smart goblin!  Yaaaaaay!

"Go, then. There are other worlds than these." -- Stephen King, The Gunslinger

Please feel free to copy this message into your sig.

Some All goblins just want to watch the world burn.
Whoa
this reminds me about gelectrode, but instead of pinging 1 damage to a creature or player, it deals 2 dmg to player.
this reminds me about gelectrode, but instead of pinging 1 damage to a creature or player, it deals 2 dmg to player.

Each opponent, and he has a decent body, he's faster, and he's easier to cast.

Way better than Gelectrode, and I love that card.

My red burn deck no longer sucks in mutliplayer.
That's pretty sweet for an uncommon.
Goblin on a mission. This guy is very cool.
My Sig
Reality is but the sum total of all illusions. Proud Hand of Karsus, now and forever Mess with one Hand, mess with 'em all I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
"just do what LM the lord of magical might does, and you'll be fine" - sfdragon, 10/12/09
Board Snippets
147048523 wrote:
"I don't like X, they should remove it." "I like X, they should keep it." "They should replace X with Y." "Anybody that likes X is dumb. Y is better." "Why don't they include both X and Y." "Yeah, everybody can be happy then!" "But I don't like X, they should remove it." "X really needs to be replaced with Y." "But they can include both X and Y." "But I don't like X, they need to remove it." "Remove X, I don't like it." Repeat. Obstinance?
56790678 wrote:
Until you've had an in-law tell you your choice of game was stupid, and just Warcraft on paper, and dumbed down for dumber players who can't handle a real RPG, you haven't lived. You haven't lived.
56902498 wrote:
Lady and gentlemen.... I present to you the Edition War without Contrition, the War of the Web, the Mighty Match-up! We're using standard edition war rules. No posts of substance. Do not read the other person's posts with comprehension. Make frequent comparison to video games, MMOs, and CCGs. Use the words "fallacy" and "straw man", incorrectly and often. Passive aggressiveness gets you extra points and asking misleading and inflammatory questions is mandatory. If you're getting tired, just declare victory and leave the thread. Wait for the buzzer... and.... One, two, three, four, I declare Edition War Five, six, seven eight, I use the web to Go!
57062508 wrote:
D&D should not return to the days of blindfolding the DM and players. No tips on encounter power? No mention of expected party roles? No true meaning of level due to different level charts or tiered classes? Please, let's not sacrifice clear, helpful rules guidelines in favour of catering to the delicate sensibilities of the few who have problems with the ascetics of anything other than what they are familiar with.
56760448 wrote:
Just a quick note on the MMORPG as an insult comparison... MMORPGs, raking in money by the dumptruck full. Many options, tons of fans across many audiences, massive resources allocated to development. TTRPGs, dying product. Squeaking out an existence that relys on low cost. Fans fit primarily into a few small demographics. R&D budgets small, often rushed to market and patched after deployment. You're not really making much of an argument when you compare something to a MMORPG and assume people think that means bad. Lets face it, they make the money, have the audience and the budget. We here on this board are fans of TTRPGs but lets not try to pretend none of us play MMORPGs.
90571711 wrote:
Adding options at the system level is good. Adding options at the table level is hard. Removing options at the system level is bad. Removing options at the table level is easy. This is not complicated.
57333888 wrote:
112760109 wrote:
56902838 wrote:
Something like Tactical Shift is more magical than martial healing.
Telling someone to move over a few feet is magical now? :| I weep for this generation.
Given the laziness and morbid obsesity amongst D&Ders, being able to convince someone to get on their feet, do some heavy exercise, and use their words to make them be healthier must seem magical.
158710691 wrote:
D&D definitely improves mental health; Just as long as you stay away from these forums ;)
Looks like an archetype enabler for limited not constructed playable in the slightest though.

Check out my twitch.tv stream below where I play magic online limited queues. Don't forget to follow if you enjoy what I'm presenting to show your support!

http://twitch.tv/dpg20__

Looks like an archetype enabler for limited not constructed playable in the slightest though.

I don' know about that. He gives burn decks LOTS of extra gas.
This card won't be nuts in standard with NPH rotating. Any dreams of U/R delver with this will have to be fulfilled in Modern...

Each opponent, and he has a decent body, he's faster, and he's easier to cast.

Way better than Gelectrode, and I love that card.

yup, i also love gelectrode but guttersnipe is better in dealing the 20dmg to kill my opponents. it can attack.
now that you mention it, it deals 4dmg to 2HG games. 
For a second, I thought that this card counted replicate copies, and I had an image of Shattering Spree being a Rage Reflected super multiplayer Fireball. Instead, Retrace turns all your lands into Shock+, and TurboFog.
"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)
Classic Izzet. Wizards has been hitting all the right notes.

GW

Cookie Count: 1 million + 1039 Wooden Spoon Count: 2 YMtC Trophies 1st: 9 2nd: 11 3rd: 13 4th: 4 I lost >6000 posts during the last forum migration. #14000th post at 05/11/09 #15000th post at 22/02/10 #16000th post at 10/06/10 #17000th post at 27/10/10 #18000th post at 27/04/11 #19000th post at 24/08/11 #20000th post at 21/04/12 #21000th post at 21/01/13
What the crap is going on with that flavor text? Goblins went from funny stupid race to archvillain?

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

Multiplayer shenanigans anyone? I cant believe this guy aint an Izzet, cause he fits right in.
Favourite card spoiled so far, I love Goblins, especially intelligent ones. Now I'm just waiting for the day they print a Goblin Planeswalker...
Multiplayer shenanigans anyone? I cant believe this guy aint an Izzet, cause he fits right in.

Strategically sure, but he'll be used in a lot of other decks. Back in original Ravnica, a card had to have a guild's color combination or keyword or something like that to get guilded. This guy doesn't. Flavorwise, he strikes me as unguilded.

Boros/Rakdos/Gruul will use him gleefully as well, so there's no reason to restrict him to Izzet.  
D&D rules were never meant to exist without the presence of a DM. RAW is a lie.

Strategically sure, but he'll be used in a lot of other decks. Back in original Ravnica, a card had to have a guild's color combination or keyword or something like that to get guilded. This guy doesn't. Flavorwise, he strikes me as unguilded.

Boros/Rakdos/Gruul will use him gleefully as well, so there's no reason to restrict him to Izzet.  

Yeah i understand he is unguilded, both from the card and flavor. But the mechanic seems like one fitting right in with Izzet as they are the ones loving to cast instants and sorceries. Still, i understand why he aint with them.
isn't there a keyword in this set whose ability is to clone a guy as a side effect on instants/sorceries populate or whatever?

this guy and like 2 or 3 populates
not constructed playable in the slightest though.

I'm not sure I buy that.  Pyromancer's Swath had a constructed archetype built around it.  This has the added advantage of working with more than just burn spells (like 1 mana cantrips) AND not having the line of text "At the beginning of each end step, discard your hand."

Cats land on their feet. Toast lands peanut butter side down. A cat with toast strapped to its back will hover above the ground in a state of quantum indecision.

Very playable.
 Yay for goblins, meh for it being useless in goblin tribal. Nevertheless, a great way to get more value out of spells. Would be huge if phyrexian mana were still in standard.
Standard Pauper! (play it on MTGO)
not constructed playable in the slightest though.

I'm not sure I buy that.  Pyromancer's Swath had a constructed archetype built around it.  This has the added advantage of working with more than just burn spells (like 1 mana cantrips) AND not having the line of text "At the beginning of each end step, discard your hand."

On the other hand, Pyromancer's Swath had Grapeshot.

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

This card is awesome. I think it could end up being a key component of many decks across several formats. At the very least, it will be in tons of multiplayer casual decks. This is a great uncommon. I will be more excited to open this card than many rares.
isn't there a keyword in this set whose ability is to clone a guy as a side effect on instants/sorceries populate or whatever?

Only Tokens.

However, Cackling Counterpart
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:

Only Tokens.

Which just shocked a dude. And for kicks an giggles lets say you had talrand. A drake, a shock, and a token shocker guy. I love this deck idea, but will drop populate (not much reason to go white or green I think)
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c8316b3bd9938ec0266b27a0cd8d77e8.jpg?v=90000) Thanks to Blitzschnell for the banner IMAGE(http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/images/2/23/Phyrexian_Loyalty.png) Thanks to gamma-mage for the banner. You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator. Come see the Expanded Multiverse Project
*Bl00m wanted to post in this thread...
  ... but he's busy coming up with an optimal multiplayer Guttersnipe build as we read*
~ Guides I Have Been Silly Enough To Write ~
Budget Duals and Fetches in Multiplayer
CadaverousBl00m's Guide To Multiplayer Artifice
Multiplayer Tribal Format

~ Latest Multiplayer Ramblings: Appearing on my blog when I feel like it ~
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Rise of the Eldrazi Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Worldwake Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Zendikar Post-Rotation
Previous Multiplayer Concoctions
Elemental, My Dear Watson (Rainbow Elementals)
Watch The Little Birdies! (Bird Tribal with Proliferate)
Kavu Kavu Kavu Banana (Kavu Predator aggro)
Faerie Bleeder (The "Death By A Thousand Cuts" Faerie deck)
Braaiiins! (Mono-black Zombie control)
Verhexterring (Jinxed Ring / Grave Pact)
Flourishing Blowflies ( -1/-1 Counters)
"Some goblins just want to watch Ravnica burn."

This needs to have altered-art with the Joker.   
"Some goblins just want to watch Ravnica burn."

This needs to have altered-art with the Joker.   

Now we just need a Ravnican Batman.

Only Tokens.

then populate. (Put a token onto the battlefield that's a copy of target creature you control.)

i'm confused...

Only Tokens.

then populate. (Put a token onto the battlefield that's a copy of target creature you control.)

i'm confused...

Look at populate again you can only copy a token creature you control.

You are Red/Blue!