9/4/2012 RC: "Zero to Sixty: Past, Present, and Future"

22 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of this week's ReConstructed, which goes live Tuesday morning on magicthegathering.com.
lord, how much do i love this art

i can't tell if i like the cherubic devils or the dolls beating the **** out of that guy or the acrobat crashing through the window to kick someone in the face best 
lord, how much do i love this art

i can't tell if i like the cherubic devils or the dolls beating the **** out of that guy or the acrobat crashing through the window to kick someone in the face best 

Agreed. The art for this is so... Rakdos.

As for the card itself, I love it. It's super casual, but that's pretty much all I play anyways, so, yeah. Will find a home in a commander deck of mine for sure. With Worldfire, because that's just the kind of deck it would be.
Man, Half-Life would have been such a cool name. I really like the card, and the feeling of "sudden death" and tension it creates as soon as it hits the board.

One thing though, the autocard for Searing Spear in the Return to Rakdos deck is Searing Spear Askari.

IMAGE(http://i1.minus.com/jbcBXM4z66fMtK.jpg)

192884403 wrote:
surely one can't say complex conditional passive language is bad grammar ?
lol, the crazy carnival of BDSM doom strikes again.

I love the art.  
the creature quality is different

Gavin, I'll respect you (or anyone in R&D with the requisite metaphorical stones) a lot more if you just come out and admit there's been power creep. Aaron Forsythe said as much regarding the Lorwyn era when he announced the banning of Jace and Stoneforge Mystic, and it's well past time that everyone else do so too. Because it's true!  
Nice card there Gavin, very elegant! (Hmm... two six mana Enchantments to win, you say? I think a casual Open the Vaults deck might need building once I get a couple of these!)

It's always going to be "Half Life" to everyone in practice, in much the same way as Dark Confidant is "Bob".

if you just come out and admit there's been power creep

I'm not quite sure what you're talking about here - R&D have been very open about the fact that they've been deliberately pushing up creature power since at least Onslaught block. So yes, creatures are stronger, but it's not "creep" in the sense of being an accidental side effect of trying to print interesting cards.

Your deck must be green or black. It does not need to be both, and it does not need to be Golgari-themed. (Although it certainly can be!)

Does that mean we're going to see a hybrid card?
Probably. Hybrids have been confirmed.
With or without this, jund will be the top deck this year.  BR destroy anything? Yeah I'll take that. And OMG SHOCKLANDS!!!!!!

Also. gavin: Can I send in one deck for both this and last weeks contest? Thanks!
..."window.parent.tinyMCE.get('post_content').onLoad.dispatch();" contenteditable="true" />Also. gavin: Can I send in one deck for both this and last weeks contest? Thanks!

Sure thing! Feel free. The only thing you should know is I won't feature the same deck in back to back weeks, so weigh that appropiately.
..."window.parent.tinyMCE.get('post_content').onLoad.dispatch();" contenteditable="true" />Also. gavin: Can I send in one deck for both this and last weeks contest? Thanks!

Sure thing! Feel free. The only thing you should know is I won't feature the same deck in back to back weeks, so weigh that appropiately.

should I send you one email or two?
the creature quality is different

Gavin, I'll respect you (or anyone in R&D with the requisite metaphorical stones) a lot more if you just come out and admit there's been power creep. Aaron Forsythe said as much regarding the Lorwyn era when he announced the banning of Jace and Stoneforge Mystic, and it's well past time that everyone else do so too. Because it's true!  

Creatures are definitely becoming more relevant, but I think the power level is actually coming down. I think in the next year or two we'll notice a shift in how things are not as broken as they were each previous format in standard.

One e-mail is fine. Just note that it's you and that you're submitting for both.

One e-mail is fine. Just note that it's you and that you're submitting for both.

I already sent it and i just noted briefly that its the deck for both weeks. hope thats okay. The deck title is jund super size
Gavin, when is your next non-magic article?  I was always a fan of those.  Do you still write for another site?
I am declaring a new meta-contest. gruulsmash is submitting a deck that works for two of Gavin's contests. I want to see someone push that envelope. How about one that works for three? Or six!

For this, I think there needs to be a 60-card maximum. Good luck! 
Say what? I'll submit a deck that works for every Re-Constructed contest ever, even those Gavin hasn't thought about yet!

IMAGE(http://i1.minus.com/jbcBXM4z66fMtK.jpg)

192884403 wrote:
surely one can't say complex conditional passive language is bad grammar ?
Dat Artwork. A shiny penny for the man or woman who puts that on a playmat.
I want to be Cultured.

I am declaring a new meta-contest. gruulsmash is submitting a deck that works for two of Gavin's contests. I want to see someone push that envelope. How about one that works for three? Or six!

That sounds pretty tricky. I think you can probably get quite a few in there, though I believe it's impossible to fit them all due to dueling constraints. (Innistrad Block Constructed and requring an Magic 2013 card unless, hmm... could you build around Walking Corpse?!?)

Gavin, when is your next non-magic article?  I was always a fan of those.  Do you still write for another site?

I don't write for another site currently, though I do occasionally post up non-Magic articles on my Tumblr and Facebook. Feel free to add me on either place to see anything new that I write.

That sounds pretty tricky. I think you can probably get quite a few in there, though I believe it's impossible to fit them all due to dueling constraints. (Innistrad Block Constructed and requring an Magic 2013 card unless, hmm... could you build around Walking Corpse?!?)

I don't write for another site currently, though I do occasionally post up non-Magic articles on my Tumblr and Facebook. Feel free to add me on either place to see anything new that I write.

except it would need to be a past contest because we don't know the future ones.
I'll add you today.  Good to know it's not all business still.
Sign In to post comments