Momir Vig looking to fill final holes.

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
I am looking to fill in the last remaining holes for this deck. I am trying to go with a +1/+1 and -1/-1 movement theme. Creating a wall of Giant Death (Basilisks) for defense while building up a few bigger creatures (such as large flying creatures to attack late game) Using Momir to find them. Anyone have any idea how to fill some of the holes? There are 53 cards if I counted correctly, including the 40 lands. I am willing to add or remove lands, but mostly am looking to fill the missing 7 holes. Any help is very much appreciated.
 I mostly play Casual, but I am still looking to not get my bottom handed to me everytime I play.
Commander
Momir Vig, Simic Visionary

Green Creatures
Cytospawn Shambler
Simic Basilisk
Needleshot Gourna
Simic Initiate
Daggerback Basilisk
Pygmy Allosaurus
Gnarlid Pack
Turntimber Basilisk
Wurmskin Forger
Sporeback Troll
Forgotten Ancient
Aquastrand Spider

Blue Creatures
Fortress Crab
Helium Squirter
Leech Bonder

Multicolor Creatures
Experiment Kraj
Plaxmanta
Silkwing Scout
Simic Sky Swallower
Vigean Hydropon
Simic Guildmage
Slippery Bogle
Sturdy Hatchling
Gilder Bairn
Coiling Oracle
Trapjaw Kelpie
Assault Zeppelid

Green Non-Creature
Khalni Heart Expedition
Battlegrowth
Repopulate
Stream of Life
Incremental Growth
Search for Tomorrow
Soul's Might
Helix Pinnacle
Blanchwood Armor
Recollect
Make a Wish
Cultivate
Thrive
Rampant Growth

Blue Non-Creature
Steady Progress
Idle Thoughts
Quest for Ancient Secrets
Flow of Ideas

Multicolor Non-Creature
Biomantic Mastery
Shielding Plax
Leafdrake Roost
Fable of Wolf and Owl

Artifacts
Grim Poppet
Gnarled Effigy
Alloy Myr

Lands
Island (15)
Forest (17)
Lonely Sandbar
Llanowar Reborn
Turntimber Grove
Simic Growth Chamber
Tranquil Thicket
Novijen, Heart of Progress
Vivid Grove
Hinterland Harbor
I think with all the counters you may want to run some proliferate artifacts from mirrodin.
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
Melira, Sylvok Outcast
Woodfall Primus
River Kelpie
Glen Elendra Archmage

Not that they can serve as extra functions like the persist guys, but anything with Undying could fill some of the voids.

Also check out Spike Weaver
I'll look into Proliferate, though should I go artifacts or Blue?

With Melira, Sylvok Outcast i was hoping to use the Gilder, in combo with -1/-1 counters and Leech bonder as a way to remove creatures from play that may become bothersome.

I do really like the persist creatures, though I think River Kelpie would be better in my Riku deck.
If you're looking to swing out with basilisks to ruin massive amounts of creatures, I suggest the classic Sylvan Basilisk and Lure combo, or even better, Tempting Licid which is a lure with legs, and difficult to completely remove if you have the mana.  Instant one sided board wipe if they can't kill the Bask immediately.

Even with a deathtouch critter, slap the Tempting Licid on him, Swing, after blockers declared remove the licid, and you're trading your bask for a number of critters if damage goes through.
If you're looking to swing out with basilisks to ruin massive amounts of creatures, I suggest the classic Sylvan Basilisk and Lure combo, or even better, Tempting Licid which is a lure with legs, and difficult to completely remove if you have the mana.  Instant one sided board wipe if they can't kill the Bask immediately.

Even with a deathtouch critter, slap the Tempting Licid on him, Swing, after blockers declared remove the licid, and you're trading your bask for a number of critters if damage goes through.

I do like that. I usually use the Basilisk as "Shields" making my opponent not want to attack because I could block and deathtouch theirs. I will have to look into this. Thank you.
The lovely thing about Sylvan Basilisk is that combat damage doesn't get assigned, so as soon as those creatures are declared blockers, they're dead, unless they're indestructible.  It's a mean, vicious thing to do which makes me giddy inside.

Also, there are some recent deathtouching spiders which help protect from the air, and Deadly Recluse is especially good.

Spike Weaver can be a repeatable Fog machine to stall opponents, and with the +1/+1s you're throwing about, might stall some more aggro focused decks.

Also, with Momir Vig, Simic Visionary as your commander, it is almost imperitave that you obtain a Lurking Predators.  He tutors a creature to the top of your library, and your opponent brings it into play for you, at no cost.  Brutal.

Doubling Season only helps with all the counters being tossed about.
The lovely thing about Sylvan Basilisk is that combat damage doesn't get assigned, so as soon as those creatures are declared blockers, they're dead, unless they're indestructible.  It's a mean, vicious thing to do which makes me giddy inside.

Also, there are some recent deathtouching spiders which help protect from the air, and Deadly Recluse is especially good.

Spike Weaver can be a repeatable Fog machine to stall opponents, and with the +1/+1s you're throwing about, might stall some more aggro focused decks.

Also, with Momir Vig, Simic Visionary as your commander, it is almost imperitave that you obtain a Lurking Predators.  He tutors a creature to the top of your library, and your opponent brings it into play for you, at no cost.  Brutal.

Doubling Season only helps with all the counters being tossed about.

Hmm. You're right. I don't even remember if I put way to make my Basilisk fly or have reach, so I guess I probably should look into the spiders. lol.

I do like Spike Weaver, will defiently be getting one of those.

You're right, and since I lack a lot of Blue Creatures ofr his second abilit yto trigger, Lurking Predators will be a great asset to make up for it.

I really appreciate all the help, I know once RTR comes out, I may look into updating the deck again with the potiental of Scavenge creatures or other +1/+1 counter giving spells that I'm sure will appear.
Sign In to post comments