Pax Prime 2012 Seminar: Ask the Dungeon Master

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Pax Prime 2012 Seminar
Ask the Dungeon Master

By WotC 

Being a great Dungeon Master requires a variety of skills. Part referee, part storyteller, and part actor; the art of the Dungeon Master is in combining these talents to become a superhuman, D&D-propelling package. Join D&D staff members as they discuss various tips and tricks to bring the best adventure to your players, as well as ways to make them equal participants in the story. A Q&A session will follow the panel discussion.

Talk about this seminar here.

Article Header Image

Yan
Montréal, Canada
@Plaguescarred on twitter

The video uploaded doesn't seem to work.   I listened for about the first 3 1/2 minutes.   As for the audio, I heard a few words "...a bit quiet..."  "...how about now...".   As for the video, just the same splash screen, no other vid.

There was no editing done on the video, so just keep watching. All of the pax videos have at least 5 minutes before they actually have content. I believe Ask the Dungeon Master has the longest wait time, like 18 minutes as I recall. 
It looks like they may have fixed this. Ask the Dungeon Master has no lead silence at all now.
Here are the PHB essentia, in my opinion:
  • Three Basic Rules (p 11)
  • Power Types and Usage (p 54)
  • Skills (p178-179)
  • Feats (p 192)
  • Rest and Recovery (p 263)
  • All of Chapter 9 [Combat] (p 264-295)
A player needs to read the sections for building his or her character -- race, class, powers, feats, equipment, etc. But those are PC-specific. The above list is for everyone, regardless of the race or class or build or concept they are playing.