Large Sized Half-Fiend

47 posts / 0 new
Last post
I need some help setting up my character who is going to be a half-fiend with her mother right being an Erinys  Her unmodified attributes with out the half-fiend Template (Erinyes) is Str: 17, Con: 14, Dex: 14; Wis: 10, Int: 11, Cha: 13.  The Erinys Half-Fiend gets the following attribute bonuses: Str +4, Dex +4, Con +4, Cha +4.  I would like to find some way to increase my Int attribute so I can get Combat Expertise and Improved Disarm.  How can make my character become nine to ten feet tall with all the bonuses and penalties for being Large in Size.  I have thought about her being a Fighter/Rogue.  I want to get Power Attack and Improved Initiative.

What ever race her father I would like him to be able to have dark brown skin and black hair.  I do not want her father to be an Unseelie Fey or a regular elf.   I do not want to her have any losses to her attributes  due to her father's race.
Really, dood?! Do you realize what you just requested? "I want a Large-sized PC base race WITH NO PENALTIES.". Sorry, brosef, but until you make a realistic request, we can't help you.
"Today's headlines and history's judgment are rarely the same. If you are too attentive to the former, you will most certainly not do the hard work of securing the latter." -Condoleezza Rice "My fellow Americans... I've just signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. Bombing begins in five minutes." - Ronald Reagan This user has been banned from you by the letters "O-R-C" and the numbers "2, 3, 4, and 6"
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
I do, however, have one last lesson on this subject. That last one? The only build in this post that can one-shot average opponents[by dealing twice as much damage as they have HP? I would argue that it is not optimized. Why isn't it optimized? Because it's overkill. Overkill is NOT optimizing. This means that there are portions of this build dedicated to damage which can safely be removed and thrown elsewhere. For example, you probably don't need both Leap Attack AND Headlong Rush at the same time. You could pick up Extra Rage feats for stamina, feats to support AoO effects, feats that work towards potential prestige classes, and so on. However, you could also shift our ability scores around somewhat. I mean, if you're getting results like that with 16 starting Strength, maybe you can lower it to 14, and free up four points to spend somewhere else - perhaps back into Charisma, giving you some oomph for Intimidating Rage or Imperious Command if you want. You can continue to tune this until it deals "enough" damage - and that "enough" does not need to be "100%". It could easily be, say, 80% (leaving the rest to the team), if your DM is the sort who would ban one-hit killers.
Tempest_Stormwind on Character Optimization
So when do you think Bachmann will be saying she met a mother the previous night that had a son who got a blood transfusion using a gay guy's blood, and now the son is retardedly gay?
When she meets CJ's mom?
Resident Pithed-Off Dragon Poon Slayer of the House of Trolls
No penalties not possible. However, medium base creature with the Half-Minotaur template as well could do it for you. And it gets you some horns

Half giant (Expanded Psionics Handbook) gives you character that is 8-feet tall, has most of the benefits of being large, has black hair, and has a “deep coppery complexion.”

I'm assuming you don't want to look too different from human, ruling out anthropomorphic baleen whale (Savage Species).

If you're okay with 3rd-party material, Arcana Unearthed has a race called “giant” that is +0 LA and becomes large if you take all three levels of the racial paragon class.

I'm assuming you don't want to look too different from human, ruling out anthropomorphic baleen whale (Savage Species).

Between being a half-fiend based on an erinyes (a very human-like fiend) and PC versions of creatures generally looking however they want, it's probably not much of an issue, and the anthropomorphic baleen whale is pretty darn good if you can afford to spend the three levels on it.

The kraken stirs. And ten billion sushi dinners cry out for vengeance. - Good Omens

Co-Author of the Dreamfane, Euralden Eye, Fulminating Crab, Gajuisan Crawler, Gruesome LurkerIronglass Rose, Sheengrass Swarm, Spryjack, Usunag, and Warp Drifter, and author of the Magmal Horror from Force of Nature.

My most popular campaign item; for all your adventuring convenience.
Zauber's Mutable Rod: This rod has a number of useful functions that make it easier to live in the wilderness. It is made of polished wood, with five studlike buttons on one end. Each button produces a different effect when pressed. Unless otherwise noted, the rod’s functions have no limit on the number of times they can be employed. When button 1 is pressed, one end of the rod produces a small flame, equivalent to a candle. When button 2 is pressed, the rod unfolds into a two-person tent, complete with bedrolls and warm blankets. When button 3 is pressed, the rod becomes a one-handed hammer, suitable for pounding pitons into a wall. When button 4 is pressed, the rod becomes a sturdy iron spade. When button 5 is pressed, the rod becomes a wooden bucket able to hold 2 gallons of liquid. Once per day, it can be commanded to fill with fresh water. If the rod is seriously damaged or broken in any of its alternate forms (button 2, 3, 4, or 5), it reverts to its basic rod form and cannot be activated for 24 hours. Moderate conjuration; CL 9th; Craft Rod, minor creation; Price 375 gp; Weight 2 lb.
This character has the same name as my screen name.  I want say human looking as a Half-fiend.    The name of this character is also the name of one of the Furies (Erinyes)  I am staying with the Devil as where her mother comes from.  The link to the Half-Giant says that the Half-Giants is a Medium sized human.  I at one point I had her father being a Houri (Elf/Nymph) - Bastards & Bloodlines.  I have no problem with 3rd Party stuff.  The Wretch from the 3rd party book Bastards & Bloodlines is on of my favorite races.  I was think I used a wish to trun my character into a large sized PC.  If I did a anthropomorphic creature I would want to do an anthropomorphic bear or shark.  The only way I could be a large sized without a wish would be have her father be a giant but they means I would start out at very high levl compared to other character.  The giants I was think her father might be from was the Sand Giant The problem with that is the Sun Giant start out as a PC with 15D8 Hit Dice and I would as a Half-Fiend have a +4 LA from Gaint Sand race and a +4 LA from the Half-Fiend also. Also the Sand Giant has the Earth and Fire Subtype.  I have want to make Minotaur character for some time.

I would like if it where not for Giants having such high starting out HD as PC her father to be a large sized giant

how would I increase my Int with out using my character levels ability to gain an increase in an attribute?

What would be a good fighter based class for her to have?  Should I get any levels in rogue?

You made me think of  the description of a Black Half-Dragon Umber Hulk I wrote after see the Half-Dragon Umber Hulk from 3rd party material.
You could go Half-Marilith instead, which would grant Large if you use the Half-Fiendish Variety web enhancement. It still gives good Str and Cha, too; I used this for a Paladin of Tyranny (even though Tyranny is Lawful and Marilith is Chaotic, I know).
You could go Half-Marilith instead, which would grant Large if you use the Half-Fiendish Variety web enhancement. It still gives good Str and Cha, too; I used this for a Paladin of Tyranny (even though Tyranny is Lawful and Marilith is Chaotic, I know).

Would I get four arms as aHalf-Marilith?  What other features would I have as a Half-Marilith.  After you mention ed the Half-Marilith you made me think of character I made that is like a Marilith and it is described below.

A tall female creature that is twice the size of human female slithers in.  You notice from the waist up she is a female with six arms.  A huge pair of monstrous ebony leathery wings flaring from her back.  The wings have a wingspan of thirty feet.  Her segmented horns start at the front of where her hairline starts and move over her head, to the back of her skull where they extend outward, curl, and come to a point.  Her auburn hair that is tied in a ponytail descends down her back to just below her waist.  Her round eyes that have vertical slits glow red with hatred.  The mouth is lined with short hook-like teeth and grooved fangs.  The long tongue is forked.  Her breasts are of mediums size with each nipple having a small silver piercing.  Each one of her six arms holds a wcked long sword if it were an extension of her body.  Her fingers are long and slender.
     From the waist down you notice she has the body of a constrictor with black scales.  The tail ends in a barbed stinger.

Here is the web enchancement.

Since the Half-Marilith is just based off the normal Half-Fiend template, they suggest a tail slap instead of claws and bite, and Large instead of wings. I guess you could argue for more arms instead of the tail, but I think that would be quite a bit better (two extra arms is probably a +1 LA by itself, whereas claws and bite are not quite). 
You could go Half-Marilith instead, which would grant Large if you use the Half-Fiendish Variety web enhancement.

No, it doesn't.
If the model fiend is Huge size or bigger, and the base creature is size Large or smaller, then increase the base creature's size by one category.

The Marilith is a Large creature, and the base creature in the example was a Hill Giant, which is also Large.
"Today's headlines and history's judgment are rarely the same. If you are too attentive to the former, you will most certainly not do the hard work of securing the latter." -Condoleezza Rice "My fellow Americans... I've just signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. Bombing begins in five minutes." - Ronald Reagan This user has been banned from you by the letters "O-R-C" and the numbers "2, 3, 4, and 6"
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
I do, however, have one last lesson on this subject. That last one? The only build in this post that can one-shot average opponents[by dealing twice as much damage as they have HP? I would argue that it is not optimized. Why isn't it optimized? Because it's overkill. Overkill is NOT optimizing. This means that there are portions of this build dedicated to damage which can safely be removed and thrown elsewhere. For example, you probably don't need both Leap Attack AND Headlong Rush at the same time. You could pick up Extra Rage feats for stamina, feats to support AoO effects, feats that work towards potential prestige classes, and so on. However, you could also shift our ability scores around somewhat. I mean, if you're getting results like that with 16 starting Strength, maybe you can lower it to 14, and free up four points to spend somewhere else - perhaps back into Charisma, giving you some oomph for Intimidating Rage or Imperious Command if you want. You can continue to tune this until it deals "enough" damage - and that "enough" does not need to be "100%". It could easily be, say, 80% (leaving the rest to the team), if your DM is the sort who would ban one-hit killers.
Tempest_Stormwind on Character Optimization
So when do you think Bachmann will be saying she met a mother the previous night that had a son who got a blood transfusion using a gay guy's blood, and now the son is retardedly gay?
When she meets CJ's mom?
Resident Pithed-Off Dragon Poon Slayer of the House of Trolls
I guess you could argue for more arms instead of the tail, but I think that would be quite a bit better (two extra arms is probably a +1 LA by itself, whereas claws and bite are not quite). 

+2 if you go off of the unique trait available in the DMG 2 (page 157).  (Though frankly, some of the LAs on that are way off-- Unearthly Beauty is in no way worth +12 LA and a few are barely worth +1.)

If you're looking for Large races to stick with the original half-Erinyes, you're not going to avoid a LA of some kind.  Some of the cheapest though are half-ogre (+2 LA), incarnate maug (a touch overpowered at 2 racial hit dice and +1 LA), and if you get a little exotic the Chameleon naga out of Oriental Adventures (2 HD and +2 LA).  In order of power, those go incarnate maug (Savage Species/Fiend Folio), half-ogre, and then Chameleon.  The "half" races from Dragon are technically possible, but I would suggest at a minimum not applying Size increase bonuses like it suggests in the template.
Huh, I guess the Large thing may have come from the base creature, then.

For the LA for more arms, the Sahaguin Mutant is a nice example, having a +3 where a Sahaguin normally has a +2.
I choose to make her fiendish mother an Erinys because I want my half-feind to be attractive and strong.  I would like if possible have her father to stay attractive.  I also would like her father to if possible help out her Int of 11 and if possible her Wis of 10.  So would the best way to get my half-fiend to nine feet tal would be a Wish spell?  If that is the case then what would a good race for her that would help out my half-fiend character in Str, Con, Int, and possibly Wis and/or Cha?  I would like the Level Adjustment for her father to not be to high.

I now I am going to have my character try and produce a new race of of attractivve half-fiend with good abilities and powers.  Should I even think about have her multicalssing as a rogue?  What would be a good fighter bassed class for her to have?   Would wearing armor no heavier the Medium Armor be the best way to go since I want get flyby attack?
Incarnate maug has a +2 to Int and Cha as part of its stat bonuses.  And given that they're constructs turned into giants, they can look pretty much however you would like.
Her father could be an Anthropomorhic Baleen Whale. 
Is having her father be an Incarnate Maug the best way to go?  If I do go the Incarnate Maug rotue are the following bonuses right? +10 Str, +4Dex, +2 Int, +2 Cha, +7 AC.  The only problem with her father being a Incarnate Maug is that if I figured it out I would need to be at level eight to pick a classes due to the + 3 the Incarnate Maug and and +4 from the Half-Fiend template.

If I go the Incarnate Maug rotue as her father is way her mother would want to prduce a child with the Incarnate Maug?
If I go the Incarnate Maug rotue as her father is way her mother would want to prduce a child with the Incarnate Maug?

That really depends on her motivations, doesn't it?  Maybe a huge chiselled guy packed with muscles was attractive to her, maybe it was her plan to produce a strong child, or maybe they became close to each other for entirely personal reasons related to their own lives.

Since their relationship probably shapes some of the character's personality, it really depends on what kind of person you want her to be.

The kraken stirs. And ten billion sushi dinners cry out for vengeance. - Good Omens

Co-Author of the Dreamfane, Euralden Eye, Fulminating Crab, Gajuisan Crawler, Gruesome LurkerIronglass Rose, Sheengrass Swarm, Spryjack, Usunag, and Warp Drifter, and author of the Magmal Horror from Force of Nature.

My most popular campaign item; for all your adventuring convenience.
Zauber's Mutable Rod: This rod has a number of useful functions that make it easier to live in the wilderness. It is made of polished wood, with five studlike buttons on one end. Each button produces a different effect when pressed. Unless otherwise noted, the rod’s functions have no limit on the number of times they can be employed. When button 1 is pressed, one end of the rod produces a small flame, equivalent to a candle. When button 2 is pressed, the rod unfolds into a two-person tent, complete with bedrolls and warm blankets. When button 3 is pressed, the rod becomes a one-handed hammer, suitable for pounding pitons into a wall. When button 4 is pressed, the rod becomes a sturdy iron spade. When button 5 is pressed, the rod becomes a wooden bucket able to hold 2 gallons of liquid. Once per day, it can be commanded to fill with fresh water. If the rod is seriously damaged or broken in any of its alternate forms (button 2, 3, 4, or 5), it reverts to its basic rod form and cannot be activated for 24 hours. Moderate conjuration; CL 9th; Craft Rod, minor creation; Price 375 gp; Weight 2 lb.
Are there any other large constructions I could use as her father through the Incarnate Construct Template for her father?

I know that her mother wanted to have a powerful daughter.

I now I am going to have my character try and produce a new race of of attractivve half-fiend with good abilities and powers.  Should I even think about have her multicalssing as a rogue?  What would be a good fighter bassed class for her to have?   Would wearing armor no heavier the Medium Armor be the best way to go since I want get flyby attack?
Coming back briefly to the Half-Marilith I suggested, I re-read it and I should say that yeah, it doesn't seem to add Large. My DM seems to be allowing it though I might highlight this to make sure he's OK with that; however, it seems to me that there's still a good argument for the Large since, balance-wise, you are giving up claws, bite and wings for only a tail (the tail compares more to the claws and bite, even if it's a tad better due to not needing hands and having a big damage, meaing Large does not seem too unfair for the loss of wings).

For an Incarnate Maug demon... well, her mother is the demon, right? Hell, even if she did not personally want a "powerful daughter", she might have had demon bosses ordering her to do so. I mean, these folks are pretty evil. Arranging a birth between monstrous creatures would not be unusual.

A Half-Succubus would be a good one if the Web enhancement is allowed, giving +8 Cha. Of course, the physical stats are a bit lacking (that's why I went Half-Marilith, +4 to Str, Con and Cha is well-rounded for a melee, Cha-based character), but you already have a whopping Str.

I would probably have been tempted to give the Half-Succubus Disguise/Alter Self or something as an SLA, but Detect Thoughts, Suggestion and Charm provide some nice social utility for an otherwise melee-based character.

There was another web enchancement which had Half-Brachiana (Pleasure Devil) on it, too, IIRC. 
Coming back briefly to the Half-Marilith I suggested, I re-read it and I should say that yeah, it doesn't seem to add Large. My DM seems to be allowing it though I might highlight this to make sure he's OK with that; however, it seems to me that there's still a good argument for the Large since, balance-wise, you are giving up claws, bite and wings for only a tail (the tail compares more to the claws and bite, even if it's a tad better due to not needing hands and having a big damage, meaing Large does not seem too unfair for the loss of wings).

The Serpent Sibyl (www.wizards.com/dnd/article.asp?x=fr/pg2...) is offspring of a yuan-ti abomination and a marilith demon and she is of Large  size with four arms and wings

For an Incarnate Maug demon... well, her mother is the demon, right? Hell, even if she did not personally want a "powerful daughter", she might have had demon bosses ordering her to do so. I mean, these folks are pretty evil. Arranging a birth between monstrous creatures would not be unusual.

Her mother right now is an Erinys (Devil)

There was another web enchancement which had Half-Brachiana (Pleasure Devil) on it, too, IIRC.

Half-Brachiana (Pleasure Devil)[www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/eo/200...] has: Str +2, Dex +4, Con +2, Int +2, Cha +6

The Serpent Sibyl probably gets Large and arms from the yuan-ti side, though.

Erinyes would probably offer +4 Str, +4 Dex, +4 Con and +4 Cha or +2 Int and +2 Cha. Minor Image and Charm on the list, probably in place of Desecrate (maybe Darkness) and Poison or something.

I suggested the Pleasure Devil because it sounded like you wanted a high Cha, but it looks like you had always planned on her being a Half-Erinyes (note: I think Devils are technically actually infertile, though it would be possible magically for a half-devil to exist, of course).
Half-Marilith does get you two extra arms-- it just says you're not able to control them well enough to use them in combat.
The Serpent Sibyl probably gets Large and arms from the yuan-ti side, though.

Erinyes would probably offer +4 Str, +4 Dex, +4 Con and +4 Cha or +2 Int and +2 Cha. Minor Image and Charm on the list, probably in place of Desecrate (maybe Darkness) and Poison or something.

I suggested the Pleasure Devil because it sounded like you wanted a high Cha, but it looks like you had always planned on her being a Half-Erinyes (note: I think Devils are technically actually infertile, though it would be possible magically for a half-devil to exist, of course).

I had someone help me figure out the attributte bonuses the Half-Erinyes gets and it was Str +4, Dex +4, Con +4, Cha +4.  I choose the Erinys becuase it was attractive and strong.  Charm monster could replace contagion according to the web article, while minor image seems about on the same level as darkness. The only other fiend I would I have her mother be is a marilith demon.  I would like to not have if I want with a marilith demon as her mother is to have scales and four useable arms.  Also I would her description which is listed below to stay mostly the same except for fours and possibly large size if her mother is a marilith demon.  I have not problem with her wings being leathery instead of feathery.

A statuesque woman walks in, moving with both surety and seduction.  There is something sexy about the way she carries herself, a hidden power to her movements.  She is muscular, with sleek muscle rippling under her dark brown skin.  Extending out from her back are silvery feathery wings that spread twenty feet at full length.  Despite the impressive wingspan, they seem to wrap her like a gown of feathers when she is not flying.  Her luxuriant black hair has plenty of curls with the front tresses framed closer to her angelic heart-shaped face.  Her hair descends down her back down to the ground.  In both delicate pointed ears she wear a aquamarine earring.  High cheek bones showed off her amazing bone structure and the pronounced perfect arch of her amber brows.  A small, but perfectly shaped nose with an upwards tilt to it and a diamond nose ring on the left side of the nose rests between two mesmerizing eyes.  Her eyes glitter with a malevolent green light and you can’t help but be captivated by her glance.  Her eyes burst into flame when she is angered. Her full, plump lips are a deep red, rebelling against her authority with their boldness.  She wears a beautifully intricate gold heart shaped pendant on a matching chain.  She stands with elegance; she is at home wherever she is.  A magnificent silver ring is worn on each thumb.  A small ruby naval ring piercing her belly button.  Her legs are long and shapely.  Both of her hands have six fingers.  Her long left arm holds a wicked looking longsword and her long right arm holds a wicked looking scourge as if they were extensions of her body.

Well, Marilith would not get you wings, so it's probably not your best bet. Erinyes is good unless you want to pump Cha, in which case Succubus or Bracchiana are contendors. If you take Erinyes as having +4 in all (there's an argument for +2 Int +2 Cha since the Erinyes ought to get an Int bonus, but it's less than half the others so you could round it to 0), it's pretty well-rounded, though.
Well, Marilith would not get you wings, so it's probably not your best bet. Erinyes is good unless you want to pump Cha, in which case Succubus or Bracchiana are contendors. If you take Erinyes as having +4 in all (there's an argument for +2 Int +2 Cha since the Erinyes ought to get an Int bonus, but it's less than half the others so you could round it to 0), it's pretty well-rounded, though.

Then why does the Serpent Sibyl have wings as an offspring of a yuan-ti abomination and a marilith demon?   I know that Dragon Magzine 355 has the Alu-Fiend in the Scale Mail section.

I haven't looked at it in that much detail, but likely they are using the standard half-fiend template, which provides wings regardless. Possibly they are using a custom version of it, but not according to that web enhancement, keeping the wings, and possibly also adding the arms (though I think abominations might be able to get four arms).
I haven't looked at it in that much detail, but likely they are using the standard half-fiend template, which provides wings regardless. Possibly they are using a custom version of it, but not according to that web enhancement, keeping the wings, and possibly also adding the arms (though I think abominations might be able to get four arms).

The Serpent Sibyl get a 4 claw attacks and 3/day -- darkness, poison; 1/day -- animal trance, cause fear, deeper darkness, desecrate, entangle, neutralize poison, suggestion, polymorph other, and unholy blight.

The reason she looks like she does except for the feathery wings is I thought about her being a half-fiend daughter of Graz’zt.

How would I go about increasing her abilities, giving her new spell-like abilities and a tail that ends in a poisonous stinger as a succubus?

How would I go about setting my character up so she is playable if her father is a Incarnate Maug?  Should herr mother be an Erinys or a Pleasure Devil?

Her her plan to produce a strong child by pretending to be a celestial but feel in love with the Incarnate Maug.  She also managed to turn the Incarnate Maug to Lawful Evil.  How would I work that in to my character's history and how would it effect my character?  I know my character's mother trained her to be a fighter of some type.

How do I go about figuring out what fighter class my character should be?  Should she also be a rogue?
It's all up to you-- you can either write up the story and then work towards adapting elements of it to support your character build or go the other way around.  If you're going with the pretending to be a celestial thing, the Erinyes is probably a good route to go-- they were originally fallen celestials.

If you want help in creating the character build, you need to supply some additional details in what you want the character to be able to do.  If you're looking for something generic, there are dozens of builds available in the various guides.
It's all up to you-- you can either write up the story and then work towards adapting elements of it to support your character build or go the other way around.  If you're going with the pretending to be a celestial thing, the Erinyes is probably a good route to go-- they were originally fallen celestials.

If you want help in creating the character build, you need to supply some additional details in what you want the character to be able to do.  If you're looking for something generic, there are dozens of builds available in the various guides.

I would my character to have some good abilities like the barbarians rage or maneuvers.  I was think if i was to multiclass as a rogue I would want to get a sneak attack of +4d6.  The only problem is I am not going to be good skill wise since my character will have unless I increase my Int every four levels I will at max haave an Int of 13 which does offer a lot skill wise.  I am going to wear at most medium armor so i can fly with no problems.  How would I increase my spell-like ability?  I would like to have the Flyby Attack if it is worth it.

How would I work towards adapting elements of it to support your character build?.

Tell you what, let's keep things simple.  If you're doing a half-fiend incarnate maug, you're going to end up with ability score bonuses of Str +14, Dex +8, Con +4, Int +2, Wis +0, and Cha +6 using Fred's ability score bonuses.  That will support any kind of melee build you want, so let's keep it easy and go with a single class.  You will have 2 giant hit dice and +5 LA and that leaves you with 13 levels of Warblade if you want maneuvers.  Don't worry about sneak attack-- a character like this can deal more damage through brute strength.

Giant 2/Warblade 13 will give you a good base to work on and you'll end up with an initiator level of 14 (7th level maneuvers).  For your feats, if your DM is willing to allow it pick up Magic in the Blood (Player's Guide to Faerun) at 1st level.  That turns racial spell-like abilities that are 1/day into 3/day abilities.  It's very nice on the half-fiend/half-celestial/etc... type of templates.  Flyby Attack is very useful for a martial adept, so I would go ahead and concentrate upon that-- you want one big attack on a standard action when you select your maneuvers.

You also said you wanted to pick up Improved Disarm, Improved Trip, and other feats in the Combat Expertise Tree, so you're fleshed out pretty well already.  Power Attack you can substitute in any time you would like if you want to play with that-- it will just push everything else back and you will need to choose a feat to drop (not one of the bonus feats though).

1st Level - Magic in the Blood
3rd Level - Flyby Attack
3rd Level - Bonus Warblade Feat [Combat Reflexes]
6th Level - Combat Expertise
9th Level - Improved Trip
11th Level - Bonus Warblade Feat [Stone Power]
12th Level - Improved Disarm
15th Level - Adaptive Style
15th Level - Bonus Warblade Feat [Improved Initiative]

For your ability score increases, if you want slightly better skills, go ahead and increase your Int bonus once at 4th level, but don't worry about it otherwise.  Your build isn't designed to be a skill monkey and other players can fit into that niche.  You will get 8 + Int bonus skills per level for your two outsider hit dice to start (due to the wording on Maug and the Incarnate template plus the half-fiend template), but for the most part they have a fairly limited skill list-- mostly craft, profession, and knowledge skills plus a few others.  Knowledge can be very useful though.

If you want a sneakier character, you could do much the same thing with Swordsage instead of Warblade.  And if you want to be able to heal, Crusader would work as well (though that will be less effective due to the LA and the set bonuses on healing maneuvers)-- just swap out the class levels.  Warblade is solid though and easy to play-- they really have all of the maneuvers you're going to want to select available and are only beaten by Swordsage in skills.  My recommendation would be to stick with that.

For your maneuvers, the Nightmare Blade line would be good for you since it multiplies your Str bonus and large weapons.  You will want to focus upon two-handed weapons that do a lot of damage with one attack since you'll be using them with Flyby Attack.  Other than that, you can probably take advantage of some of the Str based attacks with saves that aren't usually effective as well.  If you want to do any of the Tiger Claw based two-weapon fighting, pick up spiked armor to use with your main weapon and you should be good.  I would personally avoid that in this case though.

As far as items go, just stick with a simple mithril shirt to start.  You're going to have a 22 Dexterity before you even start adding magic items, so you've maxed out your AC right there.  If your DM allows them, add dastana (Arms and Equipment Guide) and you're good to go on armor.  Weapon you probably want to stick with a large greatsword, greataxe, or something which allows tripping.  Pick up Strongarm Bracers and you'll be doing 4d6 + 1.5 times Str damage just as your base before maneuvers.
Did I read Magic in the Blood right that you have to be one of the following races?  Dwarf (Oldonnar or Underdark [Darklands]), elf (Menzoberranyr), gnome ( the G reat Dale, Thesk, or Underdark [Northdark]), or spirit folk (Ashane), planetouched (Calimshan, Mulhorand, or Unther),
Thus the need to ask your DM about the feat.  Regional feats actually have a section in their description stating that you can be another race and still take a regional feat for another race or ethnicity (bottom of page 6, top of page 8 in Player's Guide to Faerun), but it's something you'll need to work with your DM on and have a good backstory to justify it.
Should I get her the Baatezu subtype?  What would some good spells-like abilities to give her?
You wouldn't get the subtype.  I believe possible alternative spell-like abilities were discussed above.
You wouldn't get the subtype.  I believe possible alternative spell-like abilities were discussed above.

I meant should i use the wish spell to gain the Baatezu subtype?

Wish isn't likely to grant you all of the abilities that go with the baatezu subtype without some serious negative consequences.  You're likely to end up as a dretch or something if you try that.
Wish isn't likely to grant you all of the abilities that go with the baatezu subtype without some serious negative consequences.  You're likely to end up as a dretch or something if you try that.

You meant the Lemures because a Dretch is demon.  So Why do you think I would become a Lemure using a wish spell to gain the baatezu subtype?

Because wish has limits, per this line:

You may try to use a wish to produce greater effects than these, but doing so is dangerous. (The wish may pervert your intent into a literal but undesirable fulfillment or only a partial fulfillment.)

Gaining a basket full of special abilities and immunities isn't in the list of "standard" wish effects, which means you are likely to end up having your wish perverted.
Because wish has limits, per this line:

You may try to use a wish to produce greater effects than these, but doing so is dangerous. (The wish may pervert your intent into a literal but undesirable fulfillment or only a partial fulfillment.)

Gaining a basket full of special abilities and immunities isn't in the list of "standard" wish effects, which means you are likely to end up having your wish perverted.

Then what should I do?

Be satisfied with what you have?  You're using a very powerful race already, you shouldn't have any issues.  The next step is just filling in the details and playing the game.  We can't do either of those for you.
Sign In to post comments