D&D News - Pax Prime 2012

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
D&D News 
Pax Prime 2012

by WoTC R&D

Acquisitions Inc. (Jerry Holkins, Mike Krahulik, Scott Kurtz, Wil Wheaton) along with Dungeon Master Chris Perkins play two hours of the next iteration of Dungeons & Dragons! Saturday, September 1st 3:30 PM.

Talk about this news here.

Article Header Image
Watched last year, will watch this year

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/20.jpg)

Missed the broadcast because I was DMing a game. Does anyone know of any recordings yets? I haven't been able to find anything.
Missed the broadcast because I was DMing a game. Does anyone know of any recordings yets? I haven't been able to find anything.

This is on the podcast list from PAX:

Live D&D Game: Acquisitions Incorporated

Saturday, September 1st

Start: 3:30 PM (Pacific)
End: 5:30 PM (Pacific)

Acquisitions Inc. (Jerry Holkins, Mike Krahulik, Scott Kurtz, Wil Wheaton) along with Dungeon Master Chris Perkins play two hours of the next iteration of Dungeons & Dragons. Come check out the next chapter in the saga of Jim Darkmagic and the Acquisition Inc. crew!

Please be advised: this live game may contain strong language. In fact, knowing the participants, it almost assuredly will contain strong language.

For those of you who watched the D&D Live Game (livestreamed on the Official Live Stream Channel of Penny Arcade Expo, we certainly hoped you enjoyed the experience! In the coming days, we will have an edited version of the game posted to the D&D YouTube channel.

Here are the PHB essentia, in my opinion:
  • Three Basic Rules (p 11)
  • Power Types and Usage (p 54)
  • Skills (p178-179)
  • Feats (p 192)
  • Rest and Recovery (p 263)
  • All of Chapter 9 [Combat] (p 264-295)
A player needs to read the sections for building his or her character -- race, class, powers, feats, equipment, etc. But those are PC-specific. The above list is for everyone, regardless of the race or class or build or concept they are playing.
Sign In to post comments