Highest Damage Dealt

47 posts / 0 new
Last post
Attacking the opponent straight. What is the highest damage you've ever dealt?

My personal record is 82 damage. Used 2 Jagged-Scar Archers and Overwhelming Stampede as the boost. Past record was 75, with a Lumberknot
I am White/Green
I am White/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I am both orderly and instinctive. I value community and group identity, defining myself by the social group I am a part of. At best, I'm selfless and strong-willed; at worst, I'm unoriginal and mindless.
I've been attacked for 1.2 million. And thats without going infinite.

Bonus: I once had an opponent go infinite life with Aluren. I used his aluren to combo out my elves for a higher number than the one he chose.
Level 2 Magic Judge Lite a man a fire, warm him for a day. Light a man on fire, warm him for the rest of his life.

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
I swung for DEAD amount of damage a couple of times. Actually a whole lot of times, where DEAD is lethal damage that I don't really care to remember.

My bro who has a Rafiq/Finest Hour deck has crashed in for over 500 on numerous occasions.

I think on one occasion after my opponent did a cast of Weird Harvest for like 40, I wound up dropping my whole monowhite artifact deck thanks to Semblance Anvil and swinging for like 50ish, but meh I don't remember.

Swung in for big/big with Mossbridge Troll (multiple activations) but that was usually against a cleric deck sitting on like 400 life.

My Druidball deck is capable of infinite damage with Hurricane or Kamahl, Fist of Krosa, but I haven't been lucky enough for the heart of the cards to shine upon me.
In one particularly odd multiplayer game where nobody seemed to be playing any creature removal at all, I eventually ended up killing someone with a 76/77 Hystrodon thanks entirely to it being enchanted with Predatory Hunger undisturbed for about an hour. Not big compared to some of the numbers in this thread, but certainly a strange one.

I ended up dragging out a game in Duels of the Planeswalkers where I had Krenko, Mob Boss in play for 7-8 turns until I drew Clickslither and attacked with a 780/780 trampler for the sake of it. 

Rules Advisor. Used to play a lot of old Extended tournaments, now I just play prereleases and casual kitchen-table games with friends. My regular decks, many of which have been evolving for years: Contested Cliffs Beasts Coastal Piracy Hana Kami Spirit recycling Rout Multiplayer control Seizan, Perverter of Truth Commander
240 dmg from 60 angels 4/4 from luminarch ascension. Game was in complete lockdown for about 20 turns and it quickly became a trenches war neither side could attack because of my shrouded forever meekstone. Whoever attacked first would win, but we'd have to attack first AND kill or we'd lose the game on the retaliation, I had to take down 200+ hp, increasing by 10-15 hp per turn, he had to take down my 10 hp, but he had to pass through my army of angels. Funny thing, we had exhausted 12 board wipes in the game.
I love trolls Dont hate me because I'm blunt and you cannot handle it
I've attacked for 600+ damage in Duels of the Planeswalkers using Talrand's infinite turn combo and an obscene number of Drake tokens.

Embrace imagination.

Lord of YMtC | Ten Rounds Contest Winner

Solphos – A fan set with a 'combo matters' theme

Fool's Gold – The second set of the Solphos block

My forever unfinished blog of the 2010 MTGO Community Cup: if you're ever bored...
In one particularly odd multiplayer game where nobody seemed to be playing any creature removal at all, I eventually ended up killing someone with a 76/77 Hystrodon thanks entirely to it being enchanted with Predatory Hunger undisturbed for about an hour. Not big compared to some of the numbers in this thread, but certainly a strange one.

I played a similar game a while back where I had a Deathbringer Thoctar that my opponents just never bothered taking care of. Eventually it got to the point where other players just said screw it and conceded because they couldn't do anything useful. For reasons I have forgotten none of them were able to remove it. (An oddity in a group where the average creature has an expected lifespan of one turn)

Immature College Student (Also a Rules Advisor)
Are we working in a casual situation where we don't care about having defined numbers / can use infinity, etc, or casual and tornament settings where we have to use actual numerical values?  I'd think that is important to set strait before the discussion progresses.

My new deck can nail a singleplayer opponent, OR multiplayer opponents, with 999 googolplexian+ damage by turn three - without any unhinged/unglued cards, or misinterpreting the rules.  Beyong that I'd have to represent numbers in the uinelegant but correct "thousand googolplexians," "million googolplexians," "googolplexian googolplexians," etc.
Well, I've played with both a Splinter Twin combo deck and a GW Elves Standard deck, so I have a lot of experience in attacking for extremely large amounts of damage. The highest I've ever gotten with Elves is something like 1400, though I don't think that's possible in the current version of the deck.
IMAGE(http://stat.rumandmonkey.com/tests/1/6/5261/20802.jpg)
The answer is "alot"  - www.rpgdl.com/metroidcomposite/phpconver...

That is amazing. Also, is the resulting number larger or smaller than Graham's Number?
Finite number would be 198 with a Szadek, Lord of Secrets but technically milled.
"Infinite" would be Chancellor of the Spires with an opponents Cackling Counterpart.
My new deck can nail a singleplayer opponent, OR multiplayer opponents, with 999 googolplexian+ damage by turn three - without any unhinged/unglued cards, or misinterpreting the rules.  Beyong that I'd have to represent numbers in the uinelegant but correct "thousand googolplexians," "million googolplexians," "googolplexian googolplexians," etc.

Good for you? There's nothing terribly impressive about dealing an arbitrarily large amount of damage via infinite combo. Most players have done it at least once and there are plenty of decks that consistently win by dealing going infinite within the first few turns and dealing a number of the player's choosing to the opponent. At that point you're just playing the 'lulz I can name bigger numbers' game. If I were to say "I do 1,000,000,000... (Pretend I copy pasted seventeen pages worth of zeros here) ...,000 damage" to you, that's not any more challenging than just saying "I do 20 damage to you" given the same combo.

The fun lies in dealing absurd amounts of damage using a deck that doesn't go infinite against an opponent who presents a reasonable challenge. (The opponent is a necessary addition because dealing 17,000 damage using Pentavus + Cathars' Crusade against a deck run by your dog is even less impressive than eleventy zillion example above)

Now that I'm done being Stop Having Fun Guy...
My favorite recent one was 100 or so damage using a combination of Wolfir Silverhearts, Krenko, Mob Boss, two Goblin Wardrivers, Adaptive Automaton, and several goblin tokens... In a black green deck.

Immature College Student (Also a Rules Advisor)
The highest damage I have dealt without going infinite was infinite damage.
The biggest non infinite damage sequence for me came in a 3 way FFA in the text duel thread. I was using artifacts, Mage was using turbo life, and exterminator was using mono red vamp counters. Mage had gotten to some obscure life total (I think ballpark 190) using martyr of sands  and a slew of recursion alongside boon reflection  so he was gaining like 40-50 a turn. Meanwhile, me and exterminator had been developing absolute armies. I had a 38/38 master of etherium  equipped with argentum armor  and whispersilk cloak, exterminator had two abritrarily large falkenrath exterminators  and two rakish heirs  along with a curse of stalked prey  on mage. We went guns ablazing on mage, who we managed to drop to about 80 or so life. He declares he will win the game by dropping a second boon reflection and quintupling his life next turn. Exterminator attacks him down to 42, and is sitting at 20 life.

I send my army at mage for 42 damage exactly and my master at exterminator, who had his mana tapped out. gg.
Woot! Go RED! I love red! Red is awesome! Did I mention I love red?
those personality things
Suprisingly enough, in that test, I'm not red I am White/Black
I am White/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/21.jpg)

Boss smileys: Come check out the Expanded Multiverse Project for great stories and a great community
quotes
56778328 wrote:
Why did you post it here? "Hey, all you guys who play this game! I'm not gonna play it!" "Umm... Ok, dude."
The highest damage I have dealt without going infinite was infinite damage.

Um... huh?  
26 26/26 oozes after an overrun for 627

Then, after a huge genesis wave and flipping a craterhoof behemoth, I gave all my guys +35/+35, doubled combat with hellkite charger and swung for like 3000

Ah, EDH.... 
I'm not sure what the most damage I've done in an attack is without going infinite, but the most memorable one involved casting Tribal Unity for...I think it was 12, with 14 Snakes on the board, to deal just over lethal with no cards left in my library.

Come join me at No Goblins Allowed

Because frankly, being here depresses me these days.

Probably something with my sliver deck, although the most amount of cards milled in one turn was where I had over 600 activations of Drowner of Secrets on the stack (and then I killed them with Careful COnsideration).
"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)
Congratulations, they have activated your trap card!

Swinging with 26 26/26 creatures would be swingng for a total of 676 damage though wouldn't it?

Then, after a huge genesis wave and flipping a craterhoof behemoth, I gave all my guys +35/+35, doubled combat with hellkite charger and swung for like 3000

Assuming previous estimates are correct, the total would be about 3,172 damage.  :D
Several billion? Precursor Golem, Vines of the Vastwood, and Rites of Replication can get nasty when they combo out. I think I ended up running through my entire deck about twenty, twenty five times? There were at least a million Myr Galvanizers on the field alone...

Swinging with 26 26/26 creatures would be swingng for a total of 676 damage though wouldn't it?
Sorry, I meant 26 13/13 (wort, the raidmother)

Assuming previous estimates are correct, the total would be about 3,172 damage.  :D

This was a different game. No oozes were involved, unfortunately
The answer is "alot"  - www.rpgdl.com/metroidcomposite/phpconver...

That is amazing. Also, is the resulting number larger or smaller than Graham's Number?

A lot smaller. See how there are 36 layers to the deck? To reach Graham's Number, you'd have to use a number of layers that was itself exponentially large.
You heard me, infinite damage without going infinite.
In last year's Standard, I did something with Rite of Replication (kicked), Precursor Golem, and Reverberate. Pretty ridiculous when you think about it.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
Roughly 19.7 Crapillion, give or take. Two Myr Galvanizers, a Palladium Myr, and Mr. Shiny Dragon Dude used the power of friendship, and someone died. In a big way.
Not counting infinite combos? 182, if I remember right.

"I will diminish, and go into the west, and there remain SgtPepperjack. Y'know, you really ought to come along with me."

www.nogoblinsallowed.com

I broke my record recently with Chameleon Colossus. I had a flipped Sasaya, Orochi Ascendant on the field, and had equipped the colossus with a Grafted Exoskeleton. My opponent was unable to block, due to a channeled Shinen of Life's Roar, and I was able to activate the colossus's ability 91 times.

6 x 2^91 infect, or 1.4855E28 poison, or 14.855 octillion.
In tournament style the most I've ever done is 85, when my oppenent has 65 or so health. The most I've seen done was in casual which was 240 thousand or something of that nature. Those seem a bit dwarfed now in comaprison.

OK, real answer: probably about 40, with an extremely-finite combo deck (if you repeat the steps one too many times you die instead of your opponent). 

"Go, then. There are other worlds than these." -- Stephen King, The Gunslinger

Please feel free to copy this message into your sig.

One way to deal infinite damage without going infinite:

Batwing Brume someone's Splinter Twin combo.

Brume was the source of my second most damage once, where I alpha swung with 7 cards left in my library (just a long game, not a mill deck) with my opponent thinking I was hoping that he'd fail block. When he reversed alpha'd me, I used Brume to cause him to lose 80 life.

My most damage was in EDH using an Omnath, Locus of Mana deck. I had ~100 mana on turn 6 with my Omnath. I spent it all on Chameleon Collosus and Overwhelming Stampede. Swung for a combined 2^26 * 2 + 3 * 2 ^ 25 + 10 damage between my 3 opponents. None could do anything thanks to an Asceticism.
56965458 wrote:
As long as it's random, I really can't see where's the problem. Anyway, there's already a few standard ways for doing this. We listed them in this thread. If someone does the bogey-bogey, eats the cards, waits until they come out, look out the approximate order, place replacements in the same order, calls the president to ask him to give him a string of numbers, puts the card in the given order, then pick the cards in the order given by taking the date of birth of his opponent, reversed, and taking only every other number, then a judge can clearly declare that he's random enough.
56874518 wrote:
The beauty of sarcasm is that when the person using it is totally incorrect, you can just remove the sarcasm and end up with a post that is actually correct.
You ruined my joke with facts.
Don't ruin his facts with a joke.
OMG click HERE! OMG! How to autocard and use decklist format
--->
For autocarding, write [c][/c] with the name of the card inside it. [c]Island[/c] = Island For linking a card to Gatherer without writting the name of said card for readers, use the autocard brackets together with and equal sign and right the name of the real card. Then put the message you want inside the tags, like you would do with autocarding. Like this: [c=Curse of the Cabal]Captain Never-resolves[/c] = Captain Never-resolves For using the decklist format, follow this: [deck] 4* Terramorphic Expanse 4* Evolving Wilds ... [/deck] It equals:
Real signature, Sblocked for space:
57817638 wrote:
I like storm crow because I really like crows in real life, as an animal, and the card isn't terribly stupid, but packs a good deal of nostalgia and also a chunck of the game's history. So it's perhaps one of the cards I have most affection to, but not because "lol storm crow is bad hurr hurr durr".
Listen to my SoundCloud while you read my signature. The Island, Come And See, The Landlord's Daughter, You'll Not Feel The Drowning - The Decemberists by vimschy IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/rkvR.gif)IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/L3es.gif) IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/m71H.gif)
Quotes
56747598 wrote:
57295478 wrote:
Although I do assume you deliberately refer to them (DCI) as The Grand Imperial Convocation of Evil just for the purposes of making them sound like an ancient and terrible conspiracy.
Now, now. 1994 doesn't quite qualify as "ancient".
56734518 wrote:
Oh, it's a brilliant plan. You see, Bolas was travelling through shadowmoor, causing trouble, when he saw a Wickerbough Elder with its stylin' dead scarecrow hat. Now, Bolas being Bolas took the awesome hat and he put it on his head, but even with all his titanic powers of magic he couldn't make it fit. He grabbed some more scarecrows, but then a little kithkin girl asked if he was trying to build a toupee. "BY ALL THE POWERS IN THE MULTIVERSE!" he roared, "I WILL HAVE A HAT WORTHY OF MY GLORY." and so he went through his Dark Lore of Doom (tm) looking for something he could make into a hat that would look as stylish on him as a scarecrow does on a treefolk. He thought about the Phyrexians, but they were covered in goopy oil that would make his nonexistant hair greasy. He Tried out angels for a while but they didn't sit quite right. Then, he looked under "e" (because in the Elder Draconic alphabet, "e" for Eldrazi is right next to "h" for Hat) in his Dark Lore of Doom and saw depictions of the Eldrazi, and all their forms. "THIS SHALL BE MY HAT!" he declared, poking a picture of Emrakul, "AND WITH IT I WILL USHER IN A NEW AGE OF DARKNESS -- ER, I MEAN A NEW AGE OF FASHION!" And so Nicol Bolas masterminded the release of the Eldrazi.
57864098 wrote:
Rhox War Monk just flips pancakes, and if games have told us anything, it's that food = life.
56747598 wrote:
76973988 wrote:
This thread has gotten creepy. XP
Really? Really? The last couple days have been roughly every perverse fetish imaginable, but it only got "creepy" when speculation on Mother of Runes's mob affiliation came up?
76672808 wrote:
57864098 wrote:
57531048 wrote:
Nice mana base. Not really.
Yeah, really. If my deck was going to cost $1000+, I'd at least make it good.
99812049 wrote:
I like to think up what I consider clever names for my decks, only later to be laughed at by my wife. It kills me a little on the inside, but thats what marriage is about.
56816728 wrote:
56854588 wrote:
Of course, the best use [of tolaria west] is transmuting for the real Tolaria. ;)
Absolutely. I used to loose to my buddy's Banding deck for ages, it was then that I found out about Tolaria, and I was finally able win my first game.
70246459 wrote:
WOAH wait wait wait
56957928 wrote:
You know, being shallow and jusdgmental aside, "I later found out that Jon infiltrated his way into OKCupid dates with at least two other people"
56957928 wrote:
"I later found out that Jon infiltrated his way into OKCupid dates with at least two other people"
56957928 wrote:
Jon infiltrated his way into OKCupid dates
56957928 wrote:
OH MY GOD
109874309 wrote:
The only way I'd cast this card is into a bonfire.
82032421 wrote:
The short answer is that there's no rule barring annoying people from posting, but there a rule barring us from harassing them about it.
56747598 wrote:
Browbeat is a card that is an appropriate deck choice when there's no better idea available. "No better idea available" was pretty much the running theme of Odyssey era.
56874518 wrote:
Or perhaps it was a more straightforward comment indicating a wish for you to be bitten (Perhaps repeatedly) by a small yet highly venomous arachnid.
70246459 wrote:
58280208 wrote:
You're an idiot, and I'm in no mood for silliness.
57817638 wrote:
57145078 wrote:
You just... Vektor it.
That's the answer to everything.
70246459 wrote:
58347268 wrote:
I think the problem is that you don't exist.
This would sound great out of context!
56965458 wrote:
Modern is like playing a new tournament every time : you build a deck, you win with it, don't bother keeping it. Just build another, its key pieces will get banned.
57864098 wrote:
57309598 wrote:
I specifically remember posting a thread when I was just a witty bitty noob.
You make it sound like that's still not the case.
58325628 wrote:
Rap is what happens when the c from crap is taken away.
Doug Beyer:
But sometimes it's also challenging. Because sometimes OH MY GOD, WHAT THE HELL IS THIS THING?
141434757 wrote:
Flashforward five thousand years (Click for atmosphere) :
57927608 wrote:
to paraphrase Jeff Goldblum, Vektor finds a way.
58347268 wrote:
when in rome **** AND PILLAGE
143229641 wrote:
I always find it helpful when im angry to dress up in an owl costume and rub pennies all over my body in front of a full body mirror next to the window.
Dymecoar:
Playing Magic without Blue is like sleeping without any sheets or blankets. You can do it...but why?
Omega137:
Me: "I love the moment when a control deck stabilizes. It feels so... right." Omega137: "I like the life drop part until you get there, it's the MtG variant of bungee jumping"
Zigeif777:
Just do it like Yu-Gi-Oh or monkeys: throw all the crap you got at them and hope it works or else the by-standers (or opponents) just get dirty and pissed.
57471038 wrote:
58258708 wrote:
It's true that Alpha and Beta didn't contain any cards like Tarmogoyf, Darksteel Colossus, or Platinum Angel. It just contained weak, insignificant cards like Black Lotus, Mox Sapphire, and Time Walk.
Normally it's difficult to pick up on your jokes/sarcasm. But this one's pretty much out there. Good progress. You have moved up to Humanoid. You'll be Human in no time.
91893448 wrote:
94618431 wrote:
I didn't know Samurai were known to be able to cut down whole armies...
They can when they're using lightsabers!
57129358 wrote:
97980259 wrote:
My wife brought home a baby black squirrel they found on a horse track and cared for it for a few days. We named it Grixis, but it died.
Unearth it!
70246459 wrote:
[/spoiler] And I'm on Magic Arcana. How about you? Oh, by the way, I'm also on From the Lab now. Twice, actually. And now with my own submited decklist!
Don't fax a joke to my ruins.
Don't joke with his facts in a ruin.
OMG click HERE! OMG! How to autocard and use decklist format
--->
For autocarding, write [c][/c] with the name of the card inside it. [c]Island[/c] = Island For linking a card to Gatherer without writting the name of said card for readers, use the autocard brackets together with and equal sign and right the name of the real card. Then put the message you want inside the tags, like you would do with autocarding. Like this: [c=Curse of the Cabal]Captain Never-resolves[/c] = Captain Never-resolves For using the decklist format, follow this: [deck] 4* Terramorphic Expanse 4* Evolving Wilds ... [/deck] It equals:
Real signature, Sblocked for space:
57817638 wrote:
I like storm crow because I really like crows in real life, as an animal, and the card isn't terribly stupid, but packs a good deal of nostalgia and also a chunck of the game's history. So it's perhaps one of the cards I have most affection to, but not because "lol storm crow is bad hurr hurr durr".
Listen to my SoundCloud while you read my signature. The Island, Come And See, The Landlord's Daughter, You'll Not Feel The Drowning - The Decemberists by vimschy IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/rkvR.gif)IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/L3es.gif) IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/m71H.gif)
Quotes
56747598 wrote:
57295478 wrote:
Although I do assume you deliberately refer to them (DCI) as The Grand Imperial Convocation of Evil just for the purposes of making them sound like an ancient and terrible conspiracy.
Now, now. 1994 doesn't quite qualify as "ancient".
56734518 wrote:
Oh, it's a brilliant plan. You see, Bolas was travelling through shadowmoor, causing trouble, when he saw a Wickerbough Elder with its stylin' dead scarecrow hat. Now, Bolas being Bolas took the awesome hat and he put it on his head, but even with all his titanic powers of magic he couldn't make it fit. He grabbed some more scarecrows, but then a little kithkin girl asked if he was trying to build a toupee. "BY ALL THE POWERS IN THE MULTIVERSE!" he roared, "I WILL HAVE A HAT WORTHY OF MY GLORY." and so he went through his Dark Lore of Doom (tm) looking for something he could make into a hat that would look as stylish on him as a scarecrow does on a treefolk. He thought about the Phyrexians, but they were covered in goopy oil that would make his nonexistant hair greasy. He Tried out angels for a while but they didn't sit quite right. Then, he looked under "e" (because in the Elder Draconic alphabet, "e" for Eldrazi is right next to "h" for Hat) in his Dark Lore of Doom and saw depictions of the Eldrazi, and all their forms. "THIS SHALL BE MY HAT!" he declared, poking a picture of Emrakul, "AND WITH IT I WILL USHER IN A NEW AGE OF DARKNESS -- ER, I MEAN A NEW AGE OF FASHION!" And so Nicol Bolas masterminded the release of the Eldrazi.
57864098 wrote:
Rhox War Monk just flips pancakes, and if games have told us anything, it's that food = life.
56747598 wrote:
76973988 wrote:
This thread has gotten creepy. XP
Really? Really? The last couple days have been roughly every perverse fetish imaginable, but it only got "creepy" when speculation on Mother of Runes's mob affiliation came up?
76672808 wrote:
57864098 wrote:
57531048 wrote:
Nice mana base. Not really.
Yeah, really. If my deck was going to cost $1000+, I'd at least make it good.
99812049 wrote:
I like to think up what I consider clever names for my decks, only later to be laughed at by my wife. It kills me a little on the inside, but thats what marriage is about.
56816728 wrote:
56854588 wrote:
Of course, the best use [of tolaria west] is transmuting for the real Tolaria. ;)
Absolutely. I used to loose to my buddy's Banding deck for ages, it was then that I found out about Tolaria, and I was finally able win my first game.
70246459 wrote:
WOAH wait wait wait
56957928 wrote:
You know, being shallow and jusdgmental aside, "I later found out that Jon infiltrated his way into OKCupid dates with at least two other people"
56957928 wrote:
"I later found out that Jon infiltrated his way into OKCupid dates with at least two other people"
56957928 wrote:
Jon infiltrated his way into OKCupid dates
56957928 wrote:
OH MY GOD
109874309 wrote:
The only way I'd cast this card is into a bonfire.
82032421 wrote:
The short answer is that there's no rule barring annoying people from posting, but there a rule barring us from harassing them about it.
56747598 wrote:
Browbeat is a card that is an appropriate deck choice when there's no better idea available. "No better idea available" was pretty much the running theme of Odyssey era.
56874518 wrote:
Or perhaps it was a more straightforward comment indicating a wish for you to be bitten (Perhaps repeatedly) by a small yet highly venomous arachnid.
70246459 wrote:
58280208 wrote:
You're an idiot, and I'm in no mood for silliness.
57817638 wrote:
57145078 wrote:
You just... Vektor it.
That's the answer to everything.
70246459 wrote:
58347268 wrote:
I think the problem is that you don't exist.
This would sound great out of context!
56965458 wrote:
Modern is like playing a new tournament every time : you build a deck, you win with it, don't bother keeping it. Just build another, its key pieces will get banned.
57864098 wrote:
57309598 wrote:
I specifically remember posting a thread when I was just a witty bitty noob.
You make it sound like that's still not the case.
58325628 wrote:
Rap is what happens when the c from crap is taken away.
Doug Beyer:
But sometimes it's also challenging. Because sometimes OH MY GOD, WHAT THE HELL IS THIS THING?
141434757 wrote:
Flashforward five thousand years (Click for atmosphere) :
57927608 wrote:
to paraphrase Jeff Goldblum, Vektor finds a way.
58347268 wrote:
when in rome **** AND PILLAGE
143229641 wrote:
I always find it helpful when im angry to dress up in an owl costume and rub pennies all over my body in front of a full body mirror next to the window.
Dymecoar:
Playing Magic without Blue is like sleeping without any sheets or blankets. You can do it...but why?
Omega137:
Me: "I love the moment when a control deck stabilizes. It feels so... right." Omega137: "I like the life drop part until you get there, it's the MtG variant of bungee jumping"
Zigeif777:
Just do it like Yu-Gi-Oh or monkeys: throw all the crap you got at them and hope it works or else the by-standers (or opponents) just get dirty and pissed.
57471038 wrote:
58258708 wrote:
It's true that Alpha and Beta didn't contain any cards like Tarmogoyf, Darksteel Colossus, or Platinum Angel. It just contained weak, insignificant cards like Black Lotus, Mox Sapphire, and Time Walk.
Normally it's difficult to pick up on your jokes/sarcasm. But this one's pretty much out there. Good progress. You have moved up to Humanoid. You'll be Human in no time.
91893448 wrote:
94618431 wrote:
I didn't know Samurai were known to be able to cut down whole armies...
They can when they're using lightsabers!
57129358 wrote:
97980259 wrote:
My wife brought home a baby black squirrel they found on a horse track and cared for it for a few days. We named it Grixis, but it died.
Unearth it!
70246459 wrote:
[/spoiler] And I'm on Magic Arcana. How about you? Oh, by the way, I'm also on From the Lab now. Twice, actually. And now with my own submited decklist!
I broke my record recently with Chameleon Colossus. I had a flipped Sasaya, Orochi Ascendant on the field, and had equipped the colossus with a Grafted Exoskeleton. My opponent was unable to block, due to a channeled Shinen of Life's Roar, and I was able to activate the colossus's ability 91 times.

6 x 2^91 infect, or 1.4855E28 poison, or 14.855 octillion.

This sounds like a very involved way to say 0 damage. :P (says the guy that mentioned his mill count in his post).
"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)
Congratulations, they have activated your trap card!
i played a reliquary tower( land with no max hand size), an otherworld atlas, mind unbound, omniscience, cathars' crusade, elixir of immortallity, myrsmith, gem of becoming, spread of sickness, jaddi lifestrider, slumbering dragon, nikol bolas: planeswalker, ancient hellkite, and artifact creatures. with these, i was able to continuously pump out creatures while making the previous ones stronger. my friend destroyed all my artifacts and i replayed them all in a few turns giving my over 35 colorless creature tokens with 34 +1/+1 counters on each
2127 damage in 1 hit.
42- 35/35
4- 37/37
1- 120/120
5- 36/36
1- 34/34
2- 38/38 
1- 46/46
1- 39/39
1- 40/40 
i am using an all-colored artifact, modjular deck.
of course this was a battle phase with a ramp up over the course of 3 turns roughly.
In an FNM, I swung for over 30, twice. My opponent wasn't very good, and the only thing she ever played was a Slumbering Dragon with multple toughness boosters. So I just built up enough creatures until I could swing without worrying about the dragon.

And all will know the wonder of my dark and jeweled sky, when all the world is wrapped in an eternal lullaby.

Well infinity really counting 2 factors.

1: Krenco, Mob Boss (2) with Collective Blessing

2: Ajani, Caller of the Pride (+1 ability) on Verdant Force with Vorel of the Hull Clade and Corpsejack Menase

I find all of these childish baby combos. I did a whopping 18 damage after working hard on a cheap budget deck that i didn't buy everything for, by making a Colossus of Akros monstrous (that was blocked), and brought my friend down to 2 health in one turn.

;)

Canyon Minotaur

"We'll scale these cliffs, traverse Brittle Bridge, and then fight our way down the volcanic slopes on the other side."
"Isn't the shortest route through the canyon?"
"Yes."
"So shouldn't we—"
"No."

I had a cleric deck that recurred multiple Children of Korlis every turn with Shirei, Shizo's Caretaker (without going infinite), and my friends actually named a number after me equal to my life total at the end of the game (which was around 10^300). Most of this life gain came from dumping all my life into a Doubtless One via Unspeakable Symbol, saccing Children of Korlis, dumping it all again, saccing, dumping it all again, etc. Every Children of Korlis beyond the first one per turn doubles my life. Near the end of the game my Doubtless One was attacking for 10^50 damage into chump blockers, because cleric decks don't have trample

Rules Advisor

Please autocard: [c]Shard Phoenix[/c] = Shard Phoenix.