A request to WoTC: Rituals Compilation

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
Come on, rituals are great, but they are scattered all over the place. It was a good thing to do the Rituals Index article. but it wasn't enough, that's just the index of the ritual tome we need.

Now that 4E is closing it´s doors, give it´s fans some love and at least put together a compilation of all the rituals of the game as a series of articles so we can print it and have it all in one place.

This would make me renew me DDI subscription, along with SOME 4E support, tying up the loose ends rather than abandoning it all around.
I agree that a book/article containing every ritual (or race, class, item, etc. for that matter) would be nice, although I don't see that happening. Ever. Then, instead of having to buy six different books and a DDI subscription for all the rituals, you just need the subscription. Less money for WoTC, even with more subscribers because of it. Plus, not everybody likes reprints in Dragon...
Already done.  I don't think there's been many rituals pubished since then.

It was a good thing to do the Rituals Index article. but it wasn't enough, that's just the index of the ritual tome we need.

It was a good thing to do the Rituals Index article. but it wasn't enough, that's just the index of the ritual tome we need.

yeah, that article is just the index. thanks for the trouble to link it anyway. I would like to have the whole thing compiled in one place. I thing nobody did it yet and because they are using CB, but as soon as you start picking stuff and building character without it its a pain in the arse to search trough several different sources.

I don´t think anybody is buying any 4e books anymore because of rituals alone. Rituals are usually a very small part in all the books they appear. Putting all the rituals in one series of articles won't drive away a player interested in buying Divine Power for example.
Crap.  I didn't see that in your OP.  My apologies!
If your feeling, like a boss, you can always go to the compendium, select rituals, and do a blank search. It returns all offical 4e rituals 
I only have the Essentials books with a "footnote" on magical rituals. Can you gave an exemple of a magical ritual?
Comprehend Language, Raise Dead, Linked Portal.

By and large, they're any sort of magic that involves a long casting time and (usually) some sort of expense or meeting a particular requirement.
If your feeling, like a boss, you can always go to the compendium, select rituals, and do a blank search. It returns all offical 4e rituals 

Yeah ... Too bad I drop the DDI subscription due to the rather thin content and zero support to 4E whatsoever. In a mater of fact, the reason I figured it was so difficult to find rituals happened just when I started trying to build characters form the books instead of using the tools.

You don't need a subscription to get the list off the Compendium.  You would need it to get the costs and effects and such which it sounds like what you're after, but you can do any searching you'd like without one.

INSIDE SCOOP, GAMERS: In the new version of D&D, it will no longer be "Edition Wars." It will be "Edition Lair Assault." - dungeonbastard

Wow ! They should have put some rituals in the Essentials book, like raise dead.
Wow ! They should have put some rituals in the Essentials book, like raise dead.

Indeed.  I spent a while searching through the books trying to find out what Rituals actually were.   Its not the only example though.  They give War Priests the ability to use Holy Symbols but no spells that use them.  I found that somewhat confusing too ;)

Especially since Warpriests get it as a class feature....
What? Warpriests don't get anything ritual-related. They get "Resurrection" at level 8, which acts kind of like Raise Dead, but it's a utility power.
Searching on the subject I found this two links with "new" rituals, pretty much Spells converted from 3rd and 2nd editions. Did you guys see this?

hastur.net/wiki/Utility_Rituals_%284E%29

www.enworld.org/forum/d-d-4th-edition-di...

Sign In to post comments