War Cleric, No Domain Attack?

Just making sure I am understanding, a War domain cleric does not get a minor domain attack spell (odd?)

No resistances like Sun domain?

Seems a bit weak for a weapon/armor trade off.

∴ "Virtus junxit, mors non separabit." 

It does have a domain attack. It's domain attack is heal and hit :P
The armor is an automatic, guaranteed AC bump--heavy armor is frustratingly always better than non-heavy armor.  

The weapons are not exactly more impressive than Radiant Lance, but really, nothing stops the War cleric from taking it anyway.  And the Cleric's minor spells mostly suck--Death's Door and Bless Water seem like garbage--and you can get Light, Detect Magic, and Radiant Lance either by leveling or just taking Acolyte.
The armor is an automatic, guaranteed AC bump--heavy armor is frustratingly always better than non-heavy armor.  

The weapons are not exactly more impressive than Radiant Lance, but really, nothing stops the War cleric from taking it anyway.  And the Cleric's minor spells mostly suck--Death's Door and Bless Water seem like garbage--and you can get Light, Detect Magic, and Radiant Lance either by leveling or just taking Acolyte.

Bless Water is bull.  What good is it being at-will when it costs 25gp every single time you cast it?
Essentials zigged, when I wanted to continue zagging. Roll dice, not cars.
Doesn't it make holy water which damages undead? Undead grenades could be very useful, and if you could make unlimited numbers of them with no cost it could be very overpowered depending on the campaign/adventure.
i dont have an issue with it using components, my problem is the fact that the market price is exactly the same
Doesn't it make holy water which damages undead? Undead grenades could be very useful, and if you could make unlimited numbers of them with no cost it could be very overpowered depending on the campaign/adventure.

honestly, i would prefer it as a 1st level spell. Seeing it has a ritual version with the exact same cost >.>
Ah, but the war cleric does have an at-will domain attack. It is called hit with hammer.

The Greendale Campaign

I was there at the dawn of the Third-and-a-Halfth Age of Dungeons & Dragons. I saw action during the Crisis of Infinite Foundations, stood on the ramparts of the Citadel of Mirth, delved deep into the debauchery of the Forum of the Adult, and fought alongside the Infernal Bovine on the fields of the Eberron War. I weathered the Ponystorm. I witnessed as the orcs came for the wizos, and I wept mightily. I saw the realm crack as the Fourth Age came upon us, and I witnessed the eldritch tendrils of the dread Gleemax. Now I watch as the Meta Wars ravage the land as the Fifth Age is dawning. I have walked these Boarderlands for many a long year, and bear many scars in my soul. Yet I remain the White Sorcerer, ever in your service. TWS out.

Sign In to post comments